job description, benefits and crazy designer

PRINCEss [On Hiatus]

 

 

“Alright, let’s get to the point. I think you all know the reason why I asked you to come here.” suddenly going to business mode.

“Is it about the Princess?” I asked knowing the answer.

“Yes. How much have you heard about the Princess?” he asked me assessing how much I know about the subject matter.

“Hmmm… because we’re all men, we need someone able to enrich our lives and participate in school events…” repeating the explanation that Teukie-hyun has told me on my first day here.

“That’s correct. They are the visual idols of this dull men’s world. Basically, only 1st years can be chosen to become princesses. They have more free time from school work. Their bodies haven’t fully developed. It’s easier to dress them up in girls’ outfits. From all the 1st years, we choose those with best looks and most suited personalities. If one only has good looks but is not popular, then it won’t work either.” he explained.

When Hongki heard this, he suddenly shot up from his seat. “EH?! So if I change my personality to be bad, then I won’t have to be a princess, right?” he asked enthusiastically only to be turned down.

“You can’t change your personality as easily as you want. Lee Hongki, your request has been denied. Your princess position is irreplaceable.” Heechul said only to be replied with a “Tch!” from Hongki who took his seat again.

“Now here are the job descriptions.” Heechul said as the other SC members rolled in a white board with the job descriptions written on it.

Jod Description:

  • Wearing girl’s clothes to morning meetings or events.
  • Encouraging/cheering others at school.
  • Cheering at school events. Etc.

      “It doesn’t look easy.” I said after only reading the first three lines.

      “You’re right. It’s not easy to be a princess. That’s why to reward such hard work, we have something prepared for that.” Heechul replied with a confident smile on his face.

“Eh?!” was all I could say.

“From the school activity budget, we have plenty of money to be used for the Princess budget. Isn’t that right, Seulong?” while turning to the SC Treausre Seulong.

Seulong bowed to Heechul as he said, “Yes, President.” then came to me, bent down and whispered, “I’ll tell you a secret. This is the biggest budget of all.”

I was so shocked that the only thing that came out of my mouth was “EH?!”

“When there’s conflict between princesses’ work and classes, absences from class or leaving early can be considered as school vacation. In other words, it won’t show up on your attendance record.” Heechul continued.

“Um…is that the so called benefits?” I asked a little bit disappointed.

“That’s not all. What I just mentioned is only like a side dish to a full course meal. We’re just getting to the main dish. Every month you’ll get 30 lunch vouchers.” he said starting to lure me in.

“Eh?! In other words, when I eat lunch at school, I don’t need to pay.” from the moment he said that I started falling for his trap.

“All necessary school supplies…Notebooks, pens and sports clothes—even shoes and uniforms are all covered by the budget. In other words, they’re all free.” he continued.

Shocked, I continued mumbling, “Free, all free?”

“Of course.” he answered.

“Free? All of this good stuff is free?” I asked not even thinking what the catch would be.

“He’s falling for it, he’s falling for it.” he mumbled but I didn’t take in what he was mumbling about, all I know is this is an offer that I can’t refuse.

“There is one more thing I need to mention, although it has nothing to do with the benefit. Our photography club sells pictures of popular students. For the usage of the portrait, the model will receive partial profit.” he said with his head resting on his interlocked fingers in front of him.

“What does it mean?” I asked a bit confused.

“It means you can get pocket money from that.” he explained.

“Pocket money!” I exclaimed.

“If you become a princess, you could have a lot of pictures taken. It’ll be a fair amount of money. What do you think?” he asked.

With everything that he said about the benefits there’s no way I’m going to refuse it so I immediately said, “YES!”

“Hey, Taemin!” Hongki shouted at me shocked at my answer.

“It sounds so tempting. Of course I want to do it. Yeah, I thought it’d be a boring, useless job.” making out my mind and hiding the real reason behind my answer.

“Taemin!” Hongki whined.

“Key should have told me about these things earlier.” rounding on Key who was sitting beside me.

“But, Taemin… You were in shock when you heard it first, so you couldn’t even think clearly and didn’t listen to me at all.” He said while looking at me uncertainly.

“Taemin! Just what has seduced you to accept this job so easily?” Hongki shouted at me in disbelief.

“Well, if you only need to dress as a girl and put on a nice face to get all this stuff for free, that’s not too bad.” I explained but I guess he won’t take my explanation because he continued to ask.

“But don’t you have any pride as a man?”

“No! For a student who has to tighten his belt to live a difficult life, dignity is nothing.” I bluntly said to him.

“Listen! You have to wear frilly skirt and get your hair done and put on make-up. Can you really stand all that?” he continued persuading me otherwise. (just imagine Hongki’s character in He’s Beautiful when he does his aegyos)

“It’s because you always talk so intensely. That’s why guys are always hitting on you.” Key said as he shakes his head at Hongki’s reaction.

“What?! I have my dignity as a man. What’s wrong with that?” Hongki retorted.

“Well, if you say you want to be a man, why are you running away from your job? If you’re able to pass as a girl, and if there’s no other way, have the courage to continue playing this game. That is a real man.” Key said seriously with a death glare directed at Hongki who just stared at him.

“Why do you hate it so much, Hongki?” I asked a bit curious to why he is so against the job.

“It’s because he has a girlfriend. A man’s heart is complicated.” Key was the one to answer and apparently it’s true because shock was written all over Hongki’s face.

“W-What are you talking about?” Hongki stuttered.

“I’m sorry, Hongki-ssi. So that’s why. Then, I’ll have to talk with your girlfriend.” Heechul said with a sinister look on his face although he was smiling.

“No need!” Hongki immediately said.

Suddenly the door burst open and someone came rushing in.

“Heechul-ssi, are you done talking?” the guy said a bit breathless from running all the way here.

“Ah, Jokwon-ssi. Good timing, Taemin just agreed.” Heechul replied.

“Really?” Jokwon said and rushed to me. “Let me see, let me see.” He said with a manic look in his eyes.

“What…what is it?” I asked taken aback by the way he was looking at me.

“Taemin is white, Key is red and Hongki is black. We can put on coordinating laces. No, we should use necklaces with different colors. Of course the silk stockings should match the skirt, and with a lot of lace. Wow, it’s awesome! You guys are the be models!” he said all this in one breathe and still in his manic mode.

“Jokwon-ssi. You’re scaring the princesses.” Heechul said as he noticed us backing away from Jokwon.

“A-Ah… Mianhae, mianhae. I’m too excited. I couldn’t help but exclaim.” Jokwon said snapping out of his manic state. “I have to keep that idea I just came up with and start designing.” He said and rushed out of the room as fast as he came.

“What was that…” I said when Jokwon was out of sight.

“He is the designer responsible for the princesses’ clothes. Home economics major, Jokwon. He was too excited just then and showed his weird side. Actually, he is a nice person. He’s just a little bit obsessed with his hobby.” Heechul explained.