watchful eyes

PRINCEss [On Hiatus]

 

Narrator’s pov:

*In a certain building*

                The room is dimly lit and cameras and lenses occupy most of the space on the table. One part of the wall was covered with pictures of young beautiful women whose age ranges from 13-21 years old.

                “Wonderful!” a man in his early 30’s said as he looks through pictures of his next prey, 3 of them actually. “They look just like angels. I must find you.” He mutters to himself as a freaky grin spreads across his face.

*At the school gym*

                The princesses were cheering for the basketball team as they played a practice match in the gym. They cheered as one of the players made a dunk earning his team 2 points in the game.

                “Did you see that, princesses?!” the one who scored shouted.

                “That was great!” Taemin cheered as he waved his hands in the air.

                “That was really cool!” Key shouted with both hand cupping around his mouth. “Hongki, work!” turning to the other with a serious look on his face.

                “Hwaiting!” Hongki cheered half-heartedly.

                “I’ll make the next shot!”

                “Me too!”

                “Me too!”

                All of the members of the basketball team shouted showing off for the princesses.

                “The princesses’ presence sure heats up the game, doesn’t it?” Heechul commented as he suddenly appears right beside the princesses.

                “Oh, President Heechul! Onew-ssi is here too.” Taemin said as he noticed their presence.

                “Thanks for your hard work on such a hot day. Here are your rewards.” Onew said as here handed each of them a cold bottle of water.

                “Oh, thank you!” Taemin said in English as he takes his bottle from Onew’s hand. “It’s not too bad in here, but for the sports clubs outside…Because of this…” he said not being able to finish his sentence and just took a sip of the water.

                “It must be pretty hard for you to have to work in the summer too.” Onew said sympathetically.

                “So, why are you here, Onew-nim?” Key asked finally joining the conversation.

                “Um…” Onew said turning to Heechul.

                “Onew-nim, as the next candidate for Student Council President, has a lot learn over the summer vacation.” Heechul simply explained to them while Onew just gives an uncomfortable laugh.

                “Onew-ssi has it pretty tough too.” Taemin said feeling sympathy for his class president.

                Meanwhile Hongki just stayed quiet sulking at the side when his stomach suddenly growled catching everyone’s attention.

                “Hongki-ssi, I’m sorry I had to ask you to come, but I’ve already told you that we have work to do over summer vacation, so could you please stop making that face?” Heechul said noticing Hongki’s pouting face.

                “You probably forgot all about the princess job before we called you, didn’t you, Hongki?” Key said narrowing his eyes as he looked at Hongki.

                “It’s something I wanted to forget about completely.” Hongki said under his breath as he took a sip from his water bottle.

                “Did you really think you could do that?” Key said placing an arm on Hongki’s shoulder with a smirk on his face.

                “There’s no way you can leave all the work to us; we’re all in the same boat after all.” Taemin said with a mischievous look.

                “Well then, it’s time to go cheer for the next club.” Key said grabbing hold of Hongki’s wrist and starts pulling him out of the gym.

                “Let go of me! I can do it!” Hongki said tugging his wrist away from Key’s grip.

                “Hold it!” Heechul said stopping the princesses before they even got out of the gym. “Your foundation is starting to come off.” He said to them.

                “Huh?” they said in confusion.

                “It comes off easily when you’re sweating. You’d better go to the make-up room reserved for the princesses and retouch your make-up. Princesses should be looking beautiful at all times.” Heechul said matter-of-factly to them.

                “Oh, then we’ll be going.” Taemin said and starts to leave.

                “Ah, you guys!” Hongki shouts as Key and Taemin grabs a hold of his wrists and pulls him out of the gym.

                “Onew-nim, just to be safe, please go with the princesses.” Heechul said.

                “Ah, nae.” Onew said and follows the princesses out of the gym.

*In the make-up room*

                “Hmm…it’s a little sticky already.” Taemin said touching his face as he looks at the mirror.

                “The brand we used before lasted longer.” Key said also checking his appearance on the mirror beside Taemin. Hongki on the other hand was standing on the side slowly getting irritated with the conversation that was going on.

                “But this brand has a better, more translucent look.” Taemin said retouching his make-up.

                “AHH! No more!” Hongki burst out grabbing hold of his hair in frustration. “Why do MALE high school students have to know so much about make-up?!”

                “Because these are tools for the job.” Taemin simply stated shutting up Hongki from his complaints.

                “It’s also good in a way, isn’t it? For example, you can give your girlfriend some tips.” Key said raising a brow.

                “Ani, Eunhye-ah doesn’t seem to like using make-up. She thinks wearing no make-up is cuter.” Hongki said shyly and blushing a bit at the thought of his girlfriend.

                “Ahh…so your girlfriend’s name is Eunhye?” Taemin said quirking a brow mischievously.

                “She thinks it’s best without make-up? That’s cool~” Key said teasingly in a sing song voice doing a girly pose with his hands clasped together and batting his lashes.

                “Key!” Hongki retorted, immediately getting irritated.

                “And his girlfriend seems to be older than him…” Key said thoughtfully ignoring Hongki’s indignation.

                “In that case, you’ll be under her thumb. That’s not good.” Taemin commented shaking his head.

                “That’s enough!” Hongki shouted huffing angrily.

                “Are you almost done?” Onew asked as he slid the door to the make-up room open and stuck his head in.

                “Ah, sorry to keep you waiting. Let’s go then, work…work!” Taemin said ignoring Hongki.

                “Don’t ignore me!” Hongki yelled like a kid wanting attention.

                Outside on the school ground someone is lurking hidden behind thick bushes, camera in hand clicking away as he saw the princesses on the hallway.

                As if feeling the watchful eyes directed at them, Taemin suddenly stops in his tracks and turns his gaze outside the window looking for the owner of the eyes he feels are on him.

                “What’s up, Taemin?” Key asked noticing him lagging behind.

                “Oh, I felt as if someone was watching us.” Taemin said not taking his eyes away from staring out the window.

                “Mmmm?” Key said also looking out the window.

                “Maybe it’s just my imagination.” Taemin said more to himself to convince himself.

                “What’s wrong?” Onew, walking back to them asked.

                “Oh, it’s nothing.” Key said turning to Onew.

                “Let’s hurry and go somewhere cooler.” Hongki joined them and whined grabbing hold of Key’s arm pulling him away leaving Taemin and Onew standing in the hallway.

                “Hey, why are you suddenly so worked up?” Key asked Hongki as he was dragged away.

                “Shut up! I just don’t want to go around looking like this!” Hongki said defensively.

                “Taemin-ssi, come on!” Onew said snapping Taemin out of his thoughts.

                “Wait for me!” Taemin called out running to his friends.

                Meanwhile, outside, that someone continued on taking stolen shots of the princesses and kept a watchfull eyes on their every move still hidden behind the bushes.

*Home Economics Room*

                All four of them were shocked on the scene that greeted them the moment they opened the door of the room rendering them speechless and rooted to their spot. Different kinds of rose in all colors and sizes imaginable. Their princess costumes lay on top of the roses spread across the floor.

                “W-What…what is this?” Hongki stuttered with wide eyes.

                “Who could have done this?” Taemin said stunned.

                “Those are our costumes!” Key exclaimed and was about to enter the room when.

                “No! Don’t go in!” Onew said loudly stopping Key from going in his voice tainted with fear and worry.

                “Onew-ssi…” Taemin said surprised at the sudden change in character of Onew.

                “We have to preserve the scene! And it might be dangerous inside. We should go find President Heechul.” Onew said with authority.

                “No wonder you’re the candidate for the next SC president.” Key said impressed at Onew’s actions.

                “Eh…no, that’s…” Onew said shyly and blushing slightly.

                “No wonder!” Hongki said agreeing with what Key said.