queen's smile

PRINCEss [On Hiatus]

 

*Later at the Home Economics Room*

                “Annyeong haseyo!” greeted Key as he and the other two enter the room. “We’ve come to try on the clothes.”

                “Mianhae, Jokwon isn’t here yet. Please have a seat over there and wait for a little while.” one of the two students politely told them.

                “Nae.” Key said as they walk over to the seats.

                “Hey Taemin… You seemed to get used to dealing with your fans quickly.” Hong said turning to face Taemin.

                “After becoming a PRINCEss, the time you’ll spend being surrounded like that will increase… If I don’t know how to handle it, I’ll be teased.” Taemin simply  answered.

                “Be teased…” Hongki mumbled as he imagined what would have happened if Taemin didn’t handle the situation the way he did earlier.

*Inside Hongki’s imagination*

                Teamin was walking down the corridor when a group of students suddenly calls him.

                “Taemin-ssi, do your best!” one of the students said as Taemin shyly turns around to face them.

“Eh…ah…yeah…” as Taemin awkwardly smiles at the students.

“Ah, so cute! Acting like a cute little girl.”

“You’re so cute!” says one of the students and hugs Taemin from the back while Taemin tries to get himself free but fails.

*End of Hongki’s imagination*

                “I know. I know. I’ve always been treated like that.” Hongki said as he nods his head when he remembers all of the times that that happened to him.

                “Well then, if you want to learn how to handle it, there’s a good model next to you.” Taemin said turning to look at Key.

                “Me?” Key points to himself and raises his brows at Taemin’s comment.

                “Yeah! At first, I thought what you were doing was really strange. But now, after being in your shoes, I think that it sure is a good way to protect yourself.” Taemin explained.

                “You mean, being all nice and sweet? Hongki asked skeptically.

                “Don’t look down on being sweet! Sweetness is the magic weapon which can win a battle at first strike.” Key said as he stood up and gave them a bright (literally) and sweet smile. “If you can use your confident, uplifting smile to prevent others from getting too close, then you will have the advantage and you’ll make others follow at your own pace. Without giving them any chance and retreat towards your sanctuary.” he continued enthusiastically giving them a softer and more friendly smile. “Therefore, those who want to get close to me, others will stop him.”

                “D-Does that really work?” asked Hongki still a bit skeptical.

                “So far, it is. It works every time.” Taemin said as he stood up joining Key then gave Hongki that bright sweet smile. “But Hongki, if you always over react, that will only make other people want to tease you even more.” Taemin said while bending down to look at Hongki.

                “That’s…So I have to act all nice and sweet.” Hongki said uncertainly.

                “If you do your best, you won’t have any problems.” Key said with confidence.

                “Really?” Hongki asked.

                “Let’s rehears, we’ll call you.” Taemin suggested excitedly.

                “Hongki-ssi! You’re so cute today!” Key acting like a fan boy waving at Hongki.

                “Please give us your blossoming smile!” Taemin called out acting in the same fan boy way.

                “Ah…Haha…Um…Thanks!” Hongki replied giving them a shy smile and failing miserably.

                “That’s bad!” Key said in disapproval.

                “No! No! No!” Taemin said shaking his index finger side to side in front of Hongki with a serious expression.

                “Your shy smile is an invitation to the guys, like it’s saying, ‘Come play with me!’” Key scolded Hongki.

                “Even if you’re caught up by someone, don’t show any weakness and don’t let them affect you!” Taemin said in a do-as-we-say-and-you’ll-be-fine kind of way.

                “What should I do then?” Hongki asked them desperately like a scared little boy.

                “You need to have more pride.” Key simply said.

                “And let other people show you their respect. Just like this.” Taemin said as he demonstrated how it should be done to Hongki.

                “A queen.” Key said figuratively.

*Hongki’s thoughts*

                When I heard the word queen, the first thing that came to my mind is DOMINATRIX (complete with whip, chains, spikes and leather with the sound of a woman laughing evilly.)

*Back to the conversation*

                “Yeah! You need to have an elegant and unaffected smile. You have to have this skill.” Taemin put in with a determined look upon his face.

                “Eh?!” was the only thing Hongki was able to say.

                The door suddenly opens with a loud bang and in came Jokwon all hyped up.

                “Hey, sorry for the wait, my beautiful PRINCEsses!” Jokwon greeted then enthusiastically.

                All three of them turned to him with determination blazing in their eyes.

                “When somebody calls you…” said Key.

                “…be confident…” said Taemin.

                “…and give a queen’s smile.” Hongki finished.

                And gave Jokwon a sweet smile as welcome (yes, even Hongki smiled sweetly.)

                “It’s beautiful! I’m so excited by your way of welcome.” Jokwon said happily as he skipped to another room to get their newly designed clothes. Hongki on the other hand was so shocked that he just froze on his place.

                “See, you did it Hongki-ah.” Taemin said as he gave Hongki a pat on the shoulder.

                “Is this really okay?” Hongki said in disbelief.

                “Jokwon-hyung didn’t come near you, did he?” Key said with a smug look on his face.

                “That’s true, but…maybe we made a mistake.” Hongki said still in his shocked state.

*Moments later*

                “This is…the manifestation of my love! Look here! What do you think? Isn’t it beautiful? I was thinking of using a special material and making a dark-red dress, but it’s too hot to wear something like that, so I made a two piece outfit with a jacket and a skirt.” Jokwon starts ranting about the clothes he made for them.

                “Again..” all three of them said at the same time as he continued with his ranting.

                “But! But! But! The quality is not very good.”

                “Do you always wear things like that?” Taemin turned to Key as Jokwon still continues to explain.

                “It’s also now the rainy season…But when can you wear it?”

                “Yeah…” Key said as he shrugged bowing his head.

                “Jokwon-ssi!” the two members of the Home Economics club shouted.

                “Don’t use those technical terms, nobody understands.” the slimmer one of the two said.

                “Now the PRINCEsses are going to rehearsals. You’d better let them go.” The other one said as Jokwon snapped to his normal self.

                “Yea…yeah. Alright, let’s try on the new clothes now.” Jokwon said and gave the three of them their clothes so they could change.

                “Yeh.” they all said as they started taking their uniforms off.

                “No choice…” Hongki said as he takes off his blazer.

                “Let’s try it.” Key said as he s his white dress shirt.

                “Hey, how do you wear this?” Taemin asked as he was lifting his shirt up showing a little bit of his tummy.

                “AAAAAhhh!!!” the two students shouts as they cover their eyes with their hands and stops the three from further undressing themselves in from of them.

                “You can’t change here!” the one covering his eyes with his right arm and giving a stop sign with the other arm said.

                “What are you talking about? We’re all men here.” Taemin asked (still is a position where he was lifting his shirt).

                “I know, but…we all have our fantasies.” The student replied.

                “Eh?” said Taemin, confused by the students’ reaction.

                “Cover your body! We don’t want to see the real you!” the other student begged them.

                “Go over there,hurry!” they said still covering their eyes.

                “Let’s go over there.” Key said as he dragged the other two to where the other students said they could change.