summer vacation

PRINCEss [On Hiatus]

 

*End of the first semester*

                “Well then, please take care of yourselves and enjoy your summer vacation.” The teacher said ending the first semester of the school year.

                “It’s over!” the students shouted in excitement.

                “Summer vacation…” Taemin mumbles in thought then turns to Key. “For us, our jobs as princesses means we can’t really have a relaxing vacation, doesn’t it?”

                “That’s true…” Key replied with his chin resting on the palm of his hand as his elbow sits firmly on top of the table. “But for the guys in the sports clubs we’re cheering for, being stuck in training day after day must be more miserable.”

                “Miserable…” Taemin quietly mumbles to himself. “I see…As for myself, I’m probably going to be completely free all summer.” he was telling Key when they were suddenly caught by surprise.

                “Princesses!” students cried out to them as they walk down the hall almost in tears.

                “We’ll be back, but it’s so sad that we won’t be seeing the princesses for a long time!” one of them whined like a little kid.

                “So please, please leave us with the image of your smile in our minds!” another one pleaded.

                “And me!”

                “Me too!”

                “Please!”

                Taemin and Key just exchanged looks then faced the other students and was about to grant their request when.

                “That’s as far as you’ll go.” Heechul said firmly as he appeared behind the group of students surrounding the princesses.

                “President?!” Taemin said in surprise at Heechul’s sudden appearance.

                “Continue when you get to the gym.” Heechul said.

                “Continue?” Key asked puzzled at the statement.

                “Yes, princesses!” Jokwon piped in jumping out from behind Heechul in his usual overly excited self.

*At the gym*

                Students gather around enthusiastically with their camera phones and digital cameras as they take numerous pictures of the princesses as they pose.

                “Yes! This design is based on the image of ladies going to a tea party in classic style! It’s a feeling of beauty and freshness! Ahh! Just wonderful princesses!” Jokwon said excitedly as he observes the princesses from the back of the crowd.

                Meanwhile the Student Council members were busy managing the photograph orders and the merchandise booths.

                “Yes, yes! Photograph order forms are available here. Please pay the processing fee.” Nichkhun said with Seulong.

                “In order to combat loneliness over the long summer vacation, the Student Council recommends you purchase what we have provided here.” Siwon said taking care of the merchandise booth full of all things PRINCEss.

                “Even though this is the first time we’ve held a photo session, this is an unexpected success.” Heechul thoughtfully says as he observes the whole activity with watchful eyes.

*Meanwhile at the photo session booth*

                “It must be the president’s idea again.” Taemin says as he sits on a chair, umbrella in hand wearing a pink sun dress.

                “No! I don’t want everyone taking pictures of me like this back home with them! I definitely don’t want that!” Hongki complains yet again as he wears his wig in a French braid with a straw hat and wearing a yellow sun dress.

                “Be patient!” Key chided then continues on to tease Hongki. “We’ll be getting some profit. You’ll have some money to use for dating during summer vacation.” giving Hongki a sly grin.

                “Well then, everyone, please take care of your health and be safe!” Taemin said to the students who were busy taking their pictures.

                “Hope everybody has a really enjoyable summer vacation!” Key said smiling brightly at the students while Hongki just gives them a reluctant wave.

*In front of the dormitory gate*

                “Bye, princesses! Kamsahamnida!” students said as they wave their hands looking at the princesses’ direction.

                “They’ll see real girls once they get home. Why do they go out of their way to come and see the fake ones before going?” Hongki asked maintaining his smile and waved the students goodbye until they were out of sight.

                “It’s probably for some comfort.” Key said, putting his hand down from waving.

                “So tired.” Taemin says as he lets out a sigh.

                “Even if their girlfriends dump them, they’ll still have us at school.” Key explains further.

                “Thanks for your hard work!” Onew said to them as he walks towards them with his warm smile on his face.

                “Onew-nim.” Hongki greeted turning to him.

                “I don’t think it’s so great that it deserves Onew-nim’s congratulations, who’s respected and bowed to wherever he goes…” Key stated teasing.

                “That’s true.” Taemin said nodding his head in agreement joining Key in teasing Onew.

                “Um…Taemin-ssi, you’re not going home?” Onew feeling awkward changes the subject.

                “Ah. I’ll be staying in the dorm the whole vacation.” Taemin answered.

                “Key-ssi too?” Onew asked turning to Key.

                “Yeah.” Key answered.

                “I’m, going home!” Hongki says even before Onew asked.

                “Just as I thought, you’re going home.” Key said folding his arms on his chest with his head bowed.

                “And you’re not even going on the first day of vacation, but right after the ceremony.” Taemin said in a sad voice.

                “You’re so cold-hearted, abandoning us and going back to your wife!” Key, imitating a girl who’s boyfriend is leaving her complete with fake tears forming on the corner of his eyes.

                “You were just playing around?! You’re so cruel, Hongki-ah!” Taemin said dropping to his knees with his hands on his chest acting all hurt also with fake tears in his eyes.

                “No, honestly I already understand! Our relationship is so weak!” Key said throwing comforting arms around Taemin’s shoulders.

                “In fact, our relationship is as fragile as a single piece of tissue!” Taemin said in a hurt voice as tears freely flows down from his eyes.

                “Hey! That’s enough already! Stop that nonsense!” Hongki yelled starting to get really irritated by his friends’ teasing.

                “As expected, friends can’t compare to a girlfriend.” Key said dropping the hurt girl act.

                “What a cold-hearted guy.” Taemin said going back to his original self, both still teasing their friend.

                “I stay with you guys every day, yet you still call me cold-hearted? I hardly even get to see my girlfriend! That’s being cold-hearted to her! I just want to make up for it! What’s wrong with that?!!” Hongki yelled in one breath losing his temper while Onew tries to calm him down.

                “It’s not that we think it’s wrong.” Key said seriously.

                “It’s good that you really love your girlfriend, isn’t it?” Taemin said equally serious.

                “Being in love is so enviable.” Key said sighing.

                “B-But why do you have to hassle me like that?!” Hongki stuttered a bit instantly calming down.

                “Obviously, it’s because I hate you.” Key said with an evil expression that scared the living hell out of Hongki leaving him pale and trembling. “I already said that it’s a lie.” Key said with a I-can’t-believe-you-fell-for-that expression.

                “But, you look so happy that you’re going to see your girlfriend.” Taemin said in a worried voice snapping Hongki out of his scared state.

                “We’re just worried that you’ll be so mesmerized by her that you’ll forget and stray from your job as a princess. So, we just wanted to remind you.” Key explained taking Hingki by surprise.

                “Can you say for sure that it won’t happen?” Taemin asked looking Hongki straight in the eyes.

                “Let me ask you a question.” Key said with a dead serious look. “If there was a conflict between the demands of being a princess and the demands of you girlfriend, which would you choose?” Key asked looking at Hongki head on.

                Hongki is taken aback by the question and starts panicking inwardly not knowing what he’ll do if ever that happened.

*Hongki’s thoughts*

                What should I do? I never wanted to take the princess job in the first place. Of course I’d want to meet the demands of my girlfriend. But my princess duties are my first priority. Ahhhh…But still…

                “Don’t be indecisive!” both Taemin and Key scolded hitting Hongki on the back of his head with the palm of their hands.

                “Don’t hit me!” Hongki yelled as he covers his head with his arms cowering from their death glares.

                “Shut up! It’s obvious you should choose the princess work!” Key shouts at Hongki in his diva mode.

                “Geez, we can’t be too careless! If he chooses his girlfriend he might neglect his princess work.” Taemin said, hands on hips. “What should we do?” turns to Key for a solution to their problem.

                “Making his girlfriend his top priority is his weakness! Hongki.” Key said putting his evil mind at work.

                “What?” lifting his head to look at his friends.

                “If you don’t do your princess work, then I’m going to have a conversation with your girlfriend.” Key threatened with an evil glint in his feline eyes.

*Hongki’s thoughs*

                In that case, the princess system will be exposed and dressing like a princess will also be exposed. “Worst case scenario!”

                “Please spare me from that! I’m begging you!” Hongki said dropping into a bow on the ground.

                “Right. You finally see where are coming from.” Key said pleased at Hongki’s reaction.

                “I was going to go home without letting you know, but I was afraid you’d say I’m cold-hearted, so I changed my mind. I should have just gone home without telling you!” Hongki said bitterly still on his knees close to tears.

                “Babo! Even if you go home without telling us, we’ll still mock you when we’re together again.” Key said with a smirk.

                “Leaving without telling us…such a cold-hearted guy, isn’t he?” Taemin teased.

                “K-Key…T-Taemin too…I really hate you!!!” Hongki shouts as he gets up from the ground and runs away from his friends.

                “Don’t forget your princess work!” Key called out to him waving goodbye before he despappears from their sight.

                “I-Is that really okay?” Onew said turning to the two with a worried expression.

                “It’s fine.” Taemin said to Onew giving him a reassuring smile.

                “It’s better for him that way.” Key said as he puts one hand on his hips.

                “Anyway, Onew-ssi, you’re not going home?” Taemin asked curious.

                “Yeah, there’ll be a Student Council meeting in a little while.” Onew answered with a kind smile.

                “That’s tough.” Taemin commented feeling sorry for their class president.

                “By the way, if you’re around during summer vacation, come over and have fun at my place.” Onew said looking at them hopefully.

                “Sure!” Taemin said happily without hesitation.