the GIRL at an all-boys school

PRINCEss [On Hiatus]

 Taemin’s pov:

                I was staring out of the bus window on its way to my new school deep in thought when the scene from earlier flashed in my mind.

*Flashback*

                I was standing in the front door of my uncle’s house ready to leave when my aunt and uncle went to see me off.

                “I’m sorry that it comes to this, Taemin-ah.” my uncle said to me with a sad look on his kind face.

                “It’s okay, uncle.” I said to him. “The school had been my first choice anyway.” I tried to reassure him so he won’t worry too much.

                “But…” my uncle tried to say something to make me stay but I cut him off.

                “If I’m not here… I’m sure…” I tried to say but couldn’t get the right words out of my mouth, so I just bowed my head and put on a cheerful façade. “Well, I’m off.” I bid farewell to them and went out the door waving at them as I walked away.

*End of flashback*

                I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I didn’t even notice that the bus had already stopped in front of my new school. I was wearing my old school uniform since my decision to transfer here is so sudden with my school bag slung on my back.

“So this is it…” I looked up at the school then at my watch to check the time. “It won’t do me any good to be late on the first day. I have to hurry.” I told myself and started to walk towards the school building when I heard the bush on my right rustling and then someone suddenly jump out of it.

I stared in awe as a girl around my age stood in front of me. She is wearing a black and white frilly dress; she had a matching headband set on her waist length, auburn hair which was hanging in loose curls down her back. She was beautiful.

                                                                     

“A… girl?” I said out loud as I was still staring at her. She turned to me when she heard what I said and also stared at me (it was like one of those romantic scenes from Japanese animés where time slows down and the two main characters stares at each other complete with sparkling and bubble effect around them).

The girl suddenly freaks out when she realized what she was doing and started flailing her hands around saying, “Ah… Er… It’s not what you think! This is…” not being able to finish her sentence. We then heard someone yelling.

“Princess, where are you?”

“Princess!”

The girl turns to the direction of the voices, and since I was curious I also turned my head to the same direction.

“Where are you, Princess?”

“Princess!”

The girl then starts to run away leaving me alone, staring at her retreating back wondering what she was doing here.