on display

PRINCEss [On Hiatus]

 

*Home Economics Room*

                “So, here it is!” Jokwon said being his overly excited self yet again. “The next costume is this nurse style dress!” doing an overly dramatic hand gesture revealing the dress that was draped in a mannequin beside him. “I just got it ready this afternoon!”

                “Jokwon.” one his fellow members in home economics said.

                “Calm down.” the other one said looking a bit embarrassed.

                “The theme is ‘hard-working soldiers cured by loving nurses!’ This is Heechul’s idea.” Ignoring what his fellow members were saying.

                “The president’s idea?” Taemin said with a why-am-I-not-surprised expression.

                “I’ve already designed costumes for all the rounds! Seeing you wear this nurse dress at local preliminary games will gently calm our competitors’ nerves! For regional games, wearing this cheerleader outfit will give competitors strength and courage! Then for the national final games…wearing a romantic wedding dress!” Jokwon said in just one breathe.

                “NO WAY!” Hongki started freaking out.

                “Hongki…” Taemin said startled at his reaction.

                “No way! Definitely no way!” Hongki continued to freak out.

                “What’s the problem?” Key asked puzzled at his over reaction.

                “That’s a wedding dress! A wedding dress! Why do I have to be a bride?!” Hongki yelled jabbing a finger at the dress’ direction.

                “Why are you making such a fuss? You’re always wearing princess costumes.” Key said trying to calm him down.

                “It’s not the same. That’s a wedding dress! Why do I have to be a man’s bride?!” Hongki continued to complain.

                “Little kid. You’re really a little kid. Always talking so selfishly.” Key said with a hint of irritation in his voice.

                “Key, so you really…” Hongki trailed off looking both sad and scared at Key’s reaction.

                “Hate you?” Key said giving Hongki a seriously scary look scaring Hongki out of his wits then softened them a little bit and said, “I already told you I lied. Why do you look like you’re about to cry?”

                “Th-The first time was fine, but now again?” Hongki said like a little kid who was scolded by his mom.

                “I really don’t hate you…It’s just that whenever I see you, I can’t help but tease you.” Key said in a tired kind of voice stunning Hongki by his bluntness.

                “Key, what you just said doesn’t explain anything.” Taemin said with his brows raised.

                “Really? But I don’t have bad intentions. If I really hated you, I wouldn’t even want to tease you or call you by your name. Then again…could it be you really wanted me to hate you, Hongki?” Key said giving Hongki an evil glare. Hongki just shook his head vigorously in answer to Key.

                “Right, well then, what should we do?” Taemin suddenly asked changing the topic.

                “Huh?” Key said looking at Taemin.

                “Even though we’re cheering, we can boost morale but not necessarily the actual ability, don’t you think?” Taemin said opening the topic about the cheering duties.

                “What do you mean?” Key asked confused.

                “Like I said, even with our cheering, the results still depends on the competitors.” Taemin said simplifying his statement.

                “Uh, that’s right. If we lose all the preliminary rounds, then we won’t have any problems.” Hongki said snapping out of his dazed state from Key’s teasing.

                “That’s right.” Taemin said in reply.

                “You’re so naïve.” Key said as he gave them both a don’t-you-know-better look.

*While cheering for the baseball team*

                As soon as the princesses came to the playing field and started cheering them, it was like the team suddenly got an instant energy boost. All of them started training like there’s no tomorrow with this weird ecstatic expression on their faces.

                “See?” Key said stating out his point from earlier.

                “Everybody is training so hard.” Taemin said smiling a bit awkwardly.

                “Hongki, smile.” Key said noticing Hongki’s blank expression.

                “I know.” Hongki said forcing a smile on his face.

*Moments later*

                “Is this okay?” Taemin asked turning to Key for further instrcutions.

                “Gently put both hands above the hand holding the bat.” Key said reading the instructions from the guidebook Heechul gave them. “Yeah, that’s good, isn’t it?” looking back at Taemin.

                “I-I’ll do my best!” said the batter that Taemin was helping out trembled at the touch and blushed like a tomato.

*At the chess club*

                “It’s good, right? Can I let go?” Key seductively said as he held the player’s hand guiding it to make the move on the game.

                “Goood? Ah…that uh…hurry…” the chess player said in a dazed while his face turned red from the contact.

*At the judo club*

                “Hey, is this really okay?” Hongki asked Taemin while lying on his stomach on top of the guy’s back in a very awkward position as he tried to do a certain move in judo.

                Well, yoko-shiho (a pinning technique/side locking, four corners hold) isn’t like that.” Taemin said while reading the instructions on the guidebook.

                “That’s not what I meant!!!” Hongki yelled in embarrassment still in that very awkward position.

                Meanwhile, outside of the dojo, Heechul watched in amusement giggling with a opened fan covering his mouth and said quietly, “Good, very good, princesses.”

*Back at the dormitory’s eating area*

                Everyone’s eyes were fixed on the princesses as they sit on their table waiting for their food with their mouth agape.

                “I’m beat.” Taemin said as he leaned on the backrest of his seat.

                “We can rest for now, but it’ll continue…” Key said taking in a deep breath and slowly let it out.

                “Hey, get it together, Hongki.” Taemin said to Hongki who had his head resting on the table in exhaustion. “But, even if we follow the guidebook the president gave us, is it really going to work?” Taemin asked turning to Key.

                “Who knows?” Key replied as he picked up the guidebook and look at it. “Either way, it certainly made everyone happy.”

                “That’s right.” Taemin said remembering the reactions of the teams they were cheering.

                “Yah!” a familiar voice called out to them.

                “Oh, Tuekie-hyung.” Taemin replied and raised his head to look at their hyung.

                “Looks like it’s been a hard day.” Leeteuk commented as he held his food tray with both of his hands.

                “Um…” Taemin tried to say something.

                “What?” Leeteuk politely asked.

                “About this table, can’t you do anything about it?” Taemin asked since they were sitting at a separate table situated were all of the other students can visibly see the princesses.

                “Ahahaha…Don’t talk like that. Even in the dorm, as long as you’re in sight of other students, you should keep acting like princesses. Well, do your best!” Leeteuk said with an encouraging smile before walking away from them.

                “Nae.” Key replied at their hyung’s retreating back.

                “It’s work, so there’s no choice.” Taemin said in a sad voice catching the attention of Key who stared at him with a worried look on his face.

                “You’re doing really well, Taemin.” Hongki said as he lifts his head to talk to Taemin. “You haven’t been here that long, and you weren’t used to it at first, but now you’re doing great. You’re already more used to it than I am; You’re like Key No. 2!”

                “when things change, isn’t it better to get used to the new situation quickly? If that’s the case, it’s better to know what you have to do. Rejecting everything and doing things half-heartedly won’t make it any easier. Hanging onto your pride will only weigh you down. So, to make life easier, sometimes it’s best to just go along with what the other people want.” Taemin said with a trace of sadness in his voice that Key has noticed but stayed quiet since he didn’t want to pry.

                “Taemin…” Hongki said in admiration.

                “As I said, it’s like the old saying: ’When in Rome, do as the Romans do.’” Taemin said smiling and trying to lighten up the mood. “Instead of other forcing it upon you, it’s easier for you to want to do it yourself, right? You should try it Hongki, you’ll be happier.” turning to Hongki with a small smile on his face.

                “If I could do that, I wouldn’t be trying so hard!” Hongki exclaimed in frustration.

                “I don’t know whether to say you’re honest or just plain useless.” Taemin said as he takes a sip of his warm milk.

                “Mianhaeyo.” Hongki responded in a defeated tone.