bait

PRINCEss [On Hiatus]

 

*On the school hallway*

                “We don’t know when that guy is going to show up. Be careful!” Taemin said as the walk throught the school hallway to do their princess duties.

                “Yeah.” Hongki replied with his voice laced with nervousness.

                They were too caught up with their own thoughts that they were caught off guard when the other students suddenly popped out of nowhere.

                “Princesses! Hang in there with your work, please!” the students shouted scaring the hell out of the princesses especially Hongki who immediately went rigid at their sudden appearance.

                “All right! It’s great that I’m here for remedial class!”

                “Yeah! It’s awesome to be able to see the princesses in the summer!”

                “P-Please do your best with your studies!” Taemin said recovering from the shock.

                “Nae!!” the students replied before going on their way to their classes.

                “What’s up with this?” Key whispered to the secret communication devices that they were all wearing.

                “Mianhae, mianhae. But we can’t control the behaviour of the regular students.” Siwon replied through the device as he watched the princesses from the other building through his binoculars.

                “Oh, come on…” Taemin said under his breath.

                “We’ll be more careful next time.” Siwon said apologetically.

                After that little incident, the princesses continued their cheering duties while keeping their senses alert for any unusual things. Fortunately nothing happened even after they did their work.

*After school hours*

                “He still hasn’t shown up.” Taemin huffed as they sat themselves on the bench near the soccer field.

                “Is there really a suspicious guy at all?” Hongki questioned raising his brows.

                “You saw all that, didn’t you?” Taemin asked referring to all the roses in the Home Economics room.

                “That’s right, but…” Hongki said with a hint of doubt in his voice.

                *Click. Click. Click* The princesses all stood up from the bench when they heard the sound and turned to the direction of it. The man stood up and went out of his hiding place behind the bush holding his camera.

“That guy!” Taemin said as he looked at the guy.

                “We finally meet!” the guy said excitedly.

“Get him!” Heechul yelled as he pointed to the man and the rest of the SC members ran to the man and tackled him and pinned him face down on the ground.

                “Is everyone okay?” Onew said rushing to the princesses’ side.

                “Hey, you’d better behave!” Siwon said as he held the man down.

                “You…do want to be idols?” the guy asked as he tried to free himself while looking at the princesses.

                “Hey.” Nichkhun said as he also held the man down.

                “Huh? Idols?” Taemin said taken aback by what the man said.

                “Here. I’m so pleased to meet you.” The guy said as he was released, straightened out and dusted off his clothes while giving Heechul a calling card.

                “Entertainment Productions?” Heechul read from the card.

                “Yeh. I went to the baseball game by chance and saw these three lovely girls. I want them to come to our company and make their debut. So I came to investigate about them. But, I still couldn’t find out anything. You were there cheering for this school, weren’t you?” he said as he held out a picture of the princesses cheering at the game. “I thought there may have been some connection, no, scratch that, of course there was!” the continued.

                “Ah! A photo like this was taken too?!” Hongki yelled as he saw the picture of them in princess costume cheering.

                “It’s okay. Nobody will recognize you in that wig.” Taein whispered to Hongki reassuringly.

                “Oh, honestly?” Hongki asked calming down a bit.

                “Trust me!” Taemin answered confidently.

                “I’d like it if you’d give us an explanation about the flowers as well.” Heechul said seriously.

                “Flowers? I don’t know anything about that.” The man said sincerely confused at the question.

                “Eh?” all of them said in unison confused.

                “I only waited outside of the school for you to come out. I didn’t do anything else.” The guy explained.

                “Th-Then who sent the flowers?” Key asked breaking the silence.

                “Yahoo!” Jokwon shouted to them running into view and startling all of them. “You’re here princesses!” he said waving his hand in the air like a mad man and running in front of them. “Here you go!” he said handing Taemin a bouquet of yellow roses.

                “This is…” Taemin said looking at the bouquet in his hands.

                “Here…here!” Jokwon said as he gave the other two their boiuquets, pink for Key and peach for Hongki, and stood back to survey the princesses as they held onto the bouquets.

                “J-Jokwon-sunbae, what’s this…” Taemin said still not understanding the situation.

                “It’s here! It’s here! It’s here!” Jokwon said having an epiphany. “It’s certainly not possible to rely purely on imagination! Seeing the real princesses with the roses gives me inspiration for the first time!” he said speed talking.

                “Jokwon-ssi, could it be that these flowers have something to do with the new costumes?” Heechul asked.

                “Of course! This time, the costume is based on the images of roses! Therefore, I wanted to see the visual effect created by combining the costumes and flowers together, but it still didn’t work. So I sent the flowers to the dorm, but you didn’t get them. I had to go and buy more.” Jokwon explained giving light to the mystery.

                “Look what you did? Causing this ruckus.” Key said hanging his head.

                “Serously!” Hongki said finally feeling relief.

                “Right! Now that I have the image, I can start designing right away!” he said and started running away.

                “But it’s good that we know the truth now, isn’t it?” Onew asked trying to lighten the tense atmosphere.

                “That’s right.” Key agreed feeling a weight lifted up from his shoulders.

                “Princesses, thank you for your work. We’ll take care of the rest.”Heechul said to them walking right next to the talent scout who had a confused look on his face.

                “That’s great, Hongki!” Taemin cheered.

                “Huh?” Hongki asked confused.

                “You can now have a date with your girlfriend without trouble, right?” Taemin continued.

                “Yeah! Thanks!” Hongki said with a relieved smile.

                “Um…excuse me, what do you mean ‘have a date with your girlfriend’?” the talent agent asked tilting his head in confusion.

                “Ah, we…” Taemin tried to explain but was lost for words. Thankfully, Heechul stepped in.

                “Come now, let’s discuss the details over there.” Heechul said with a look the princesses know oh so well. “There are still a lot of things I’d like to ask you.” Signalling to Siwon and Nichkhun.

                Both of then grabbed the talent agent in each arm and lifted him up to carry him to the Student Council Room as Heechul directed.

                “This way please.” Nichkhun said as they carried the guy away.

                “J-Just a minute! You…You’re definitely going to be top idols! Hey! Think about it! Hey!” the talent agent shouted to the princesses as he was carried away.

*Next day outside the train station*

                Key and Taemin hid themselves behind a bush near the exit as they followed Hongki who was going to have a date with his girlfriend. Hongki was running excitedly to a girl with long brown wavy hair who was waiting not that far away from where Taemin and Key were hiding. Unfortunately the girl was facing away from them and the only thing they could see is her back.

                “Awww…He’s got such a happy look on his face.” Taemin cooed as he watched Hongki interact with his girlfriend.

                “Hey, let’s get closer so we can see what his girlfriend looks like.” Key said nudging Taemin on his side. 

                “Yeah.” Taemin replied and they were about to stand up when this two guys suddenly came and blocked their way.

                “Ladies!” the two guys called out to them.

                “Hey, are you free at the moment?” the guy wearing a baseball cap asked.

                “What are you doing around here?” the other one asked not bothering to wait for their answer to the first question.

                “Why don’t you go with us to karaoke?” baseball cap guy asked wiggling his brows at them flirtingly.

                “Not again.” Taemin said under his breath as he sighed.

                “Have we been cursed?” Key asked hanging his head.

                “Ah! They’re gone!” Taemin shouted when he looked where Hongki and his girlfriend was a moment ago.

                “Hey, ladies!” the two guys called again to get their attention.

                “Say, do you want to check out that store?” baseball cap guy asked completely unaware of Taemin and Key’s murderous stare.

                “What have you guys done?!” Key and Taemin said with venom coting every word complete with death glares.

                “Now we’ve lost them.” Key said slowly advancing on the two idiots.

                “You better take responsibility!” Taemin said joining Key.

                “AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!” the two guys screamed in fright.

                Meanwhile Hongki and his girlfriend Eunhye were walking on the side walk a few yards from where Key and Taemin were catching up with each other animatedly with smiles on their faces.

                Not far away you can hear the siren of an ambulance speeding away…