the student council

PRINCEss [On Hiatus]

 

*During lunch break*

                “Sorry to bother you during your break. Are you Lee Taemin?” I looked up from my food to see this guy standing in front me talking to me.

                “Nae.” is all that I said in reply to his question.

                “There will be a confidential meeting between the committee members. Please go to the student council room after class.” he said to me.

                “N-Nae.” I said in reply.

                “Key-ssi too, please.” turning to Key who was sitting right next to me.

                “Nae.” Key said nonchalantly.

                “Well then, excuse me.” Was all he said before turning to walk out of the classroom door and disappeared off to somewhere.

                “They’ve come already? That was quick.” Key commented as he looked at the empty space that was once occupied by the student messenger.

                “Well, it will be okay as long as someone will be there with me.” letting out a gust of breath. “It’d be nice if they tell me that I don’t have to be a princess.”

                “You won’t have to.” Key said to me.

                “Maybe. After all…” I trailed off not finishing my sentence.

*After class in front of the Student Council Room*

Key’s pov:

                I was standing in front on the student council room with a reluctant Taemin beside me when I saw a figure walking towards us. As the figure got closer I immediately knew who it was, Hongki. He had this irritated look on his face.

                “As I thought, Hongki was asked to come too.” I said to Taemin who looked up to see Hongki and just said “Yeah…” to me in reply.

Taemin’s pov:

                I shouldn’t have chosen to come here. I said to myself as I stared at the door in front of me. But then I feel Key’s arm snake their way around mine with a smile on his face. I looked at Hongki and all I see is an irritated and I-really-don’t-want-to-come-here-but-I-have-no-choice look on his face.

                “Well, let’s go!” Key said happily as he knocked on the door. “Excuse me.” he said then opened it, dragging me inside with Hongki following us.

                “Welcome to the Student Council Room, Western Princess and Eastern Princess…” a voice said the moment we entered the room.

                I looked up to see who was talking and saw four handsome guys a few years older than me. Three of them were standing behind the couch which was occupied by the fourth guy. The one on the couch had his legs crossed with his hands resting on his knee and eyes that seem to see right through me.

                Key still had his arm wrapped around mine with this feline smile on his face as he looked at the people in front of us while Hongki just snapped his head to the right with his nose up in the air like a kid about to have a tantrum if he didn’t get what he wanted. I on the other hand just stood there mesmerized.

                “…as well as the new princess candidate, Lee Taemin.” he continued.

                I just stared and said “Nae.”

                “I’m the president of the Student Council, Kim Heechul.” the one sitting on the couch said as he looked at me with those piercing feline like eyes of his and gave me a tight lipped smile.

Taemin’s pov:

                “I’m very sorry to take up your precious time after school. They already know me, but for Taemin-ssi, let me introduce myself. I’m the President, Kim Heechul.” he introduced himself again as he kept his gaze on us.

                “This is the Vice President, Siwon…” he motioned to the one standing on his left as that person bowed. I couldn’t help but stare at all of them.

It feels like… still staring.

                “Secretary, Nichkhun. Treasurer, Seulong.” Both of them bowed to us as Heechul continued to introduce them.

They’re all… still staring at all of them.

                 “These are the main members of the Student Council.” Heechul spread his arms indicating all the members.

…good-looking! STILL staring at them.

I turn to Key who was sitting right next to me and whispered. “Are the members of the student council of this school chosen by their look?” while keeping my eyes glued on the SC members.

“Are you an idiot? How can we choose SC members just by their looks?” replied Key who was a bit taken aback by my question.

“If we selected SC members like that, we wouldn’t be an elite school.” Hongki joined in.

“But… You have this weird Princess System here, so it’s possible too. When you see these good-looking SC members, no wonder you think that.” I tried reasoning out.

Apparently, I wasn’t whispering quietly enough because the SC members heard our whispered conversation. They just stared at me and then laughed.

“You’re funny, Taemin-ssi. I appreciate the compliment you’re giving the SC members. As they’ve explained, there is no such rule to select by looks. But, I was selected President because of my looks.” Heechul said after he stopped laughing but upon hearing him say that I was dumbfounded and I’m not the only one who had that reaction.

“What are you talking about, Heechul?” Siwon said with an I-can’t-believe-you-just-said-that lok on his face.

“That’s not possible!” Nhickhun said in Heechul’s defence.

“We all know you are competent!” Seulong said as Heechul just laughs it all off ignoring s’ sudden outcry.

“But the others are also good-looking and outstanding at their work.” Heechul said confidently like there was nothing to it.

All I could think of at that very moment was: This guy is pretty sleek.