cheering duties

PRINCEss [On Hiatus]

 

*Outside on the school field for their cheering duties*

                “Everyone!” Taemin called out to the sports clube members who were training on the school field with a smile.

                As soon as they heard Taemin they all stopped and cheered in excitement at the sight of the PRINCEsses.

                “We’re all cheering for you!” waving energetically and smiling.

                “For the local preliminaries, please do your best, okay?” Key said smiling and waving as well while Hongki just stood there reluctantly waving and smiling along with the other two.

*Inside the school on the stairs*

                “Seriously, I didn’t think It’d have that much effect.” Taemin said slumping on one of the steps. “We’ve been to all of the clubs who are training outdoors, right?” lifting his head to look at Key who was standing beside him on the steps.

                “Yeah, only the clubs who are indoors are left.” Key replied looking at the list of clubs in his hands while Taemin just hung his head low and sighs.

                “Even then…for indoor, there’s the basketball and volleyball team in the gym, Taekwondo and Judo dojos, music, choir, chess, academic club rooms, dance studio and drama club in the theater.” Taemin said ticking down the places indoor.

                “And the indoor swimming pool too. There’s also several other different clubs.” Key said continuing to look at the list.

                “No way! There’s no way I want to do that.” Hongki silently mumbles to himself as the other two continue with their conversation.

                “…there’s also the art club…” Key said further lengthening the list of indoor clubs they needed to cheer.

                “I definitely don’t want to cheer outside anymore!” Hongki continued to silently protest.

*Earlier that day*

                “So, as I’ve said…” Heechul looked at the three with a serious and scary look on his face. “Everyday, the princesses will cheer for every club leading to the local preliminary competitions.”

                “Eh?!” the three responded with shock apparent in the tone of their voice.

                “Everyday?!” Taemin said in disbelief.

                “Every club?!” Hongki asked hoping that he heard wrong.

                “Volleyball, basketball, soccer, baseball, tennis, track and field, taekwondo, judo, swimming—9 sports club. Music, choir, drama, chess, art, dance, academic—7 other clubs. 16 clubs in total.” Heechul listed down all the school clubs.

                “16?!” all three yelled in horror at so many clubs to be cheered per day.

                “Please refer to this guidebook for more detailed instructions.” leaning towards them and handing a thick blue book to them.

                “Detailed instructions?” Key said looking at the book in his hands with curiosity,

                “Yes. In here, it clearly states where and how to praise our outstanding competitors. In order to boost morale, you must give effective support, encouragement and motivation.” Heechul simply replied.

                “Um, did the president do the same thing before?” Taemin asked though he had a concrete idea on what the answer is.

                “Of course!” Heechul said with utter confidence radiating from every part of his body. “I was cheering like an actress! And because of that, our competitors went on not only to the regional competitions, but the national competitions as well.” standing up from his sit a bit boastful of his accomplishments.

                “Really?!” Hongki asked horrified. “Does that mean we’ll have to dress like that outside of school?!” scared at just the thought of going out of school dressed as a girl.

                “I suspected as much.” Taemin said rubbing his chin with his right hand deep in thought.

                “No way! I definitely don’t want to do that!” Hongki protested.

                “This appearance is only acceptable because we’re in a closed environment…” Key said thoughtfully ignoring Hongki’s protests.

                “I definitely don’t want to!” Hongki protested louder.

                “It’s alright. Most local preliminary competitions overlap in schedule, so it’s impossible for you to be able to be at every game. So, to be fair to everybody, you won’t be required to cheer.” Heechul informed them.

                “Really?” Hongki said getting his hopes up only to be crushed down immediately after.

                “But…If they win in the preliminary round, then you’ll have to go and cheer for them. In other words, if they want to receive cheers from the princesses, they have to win!” Heechul said.

                “So…so if they win the preliminaries…” Hongki said slowly not wanting to hear the answer.

                “Well, consider it a reward for the winners.” Heechul nonchalantly said to them.

                “May I ask, has the president…?” Taemin asked just to be polite.

                “I told you already. I’ve been to the national finals.” Heechul replied confidently shocking the three.

                “It was so beautiful!” Siwon exclaimed remembering Heechul’s princess years.

                “Even now, I still can’t forget that vivid image.” Nichkhun gushed out.

                “Even competitors from other schools were attracted.” Seulong said with a faraway look in his eyes.

*End*

                “So, what are we going to do if we have to go cheering in public?” Taemin asked Key.

                “If president says so, then we can’t escape.” Key stated the obvious fact.

                “Don’t do it! We just won’t go to cheer.” Hongki stubbornly said.

                “That’s not possible.” Key argued.

                “Why?” Hongki retorted back.

*Flashback*

                “If one person deserts, the benefits for all princesses will be withdrawn. And that’s that.” Heechul said leaving no room for arguments.

*End*

                “If you run off, we’ll suffer for it as well.” Key said with both hands on his hips like a diva.

                “But I never wanted to do it and I don’t want any benefits!” Hongki said stubbornly arguing with Key.

                “There’s no point saying things like that now. You’ve already had your announcement ceremony.” Key firmly said with his hands still on his hips.

                “So then I have to go outside the school looking like this?” pointing to his princess look. “There’s no way! I can’t!” Hongki said shaking his head furiously.

                “Stop behaving like such a child!” Key scolded Hongki like he was Hongki’s umma.

                “What was that, Key?! You keep picking on me all the time!” Hongki said getting mad.

                “That’s because you’re so selfish, Hongki.” Key said bluntly.

                “Key…” Taemin said trying to stop them from arguing any further.

                “Selfish?! What are you talking about?!” Hongki continued to argue.

                “It’s okay. If he really doesn’t want to, don’t force him.” Taemin said timidly not looking at Key’s eyes.

                “What do you mean I’m selfish…” Hongki asked again.

                “Taemin…” Key said ignoring Hongki.

                “Key I want to ask this before… You must really hate me right?!” Hongki asked seriously.

                “Yeah.” Key replied with an equally serious face without any hesitation. Hongki’s mouth fell open with shock.

“I lied.” Key continued softening his facial expression.

“Eh?!” Hongki said snapping out of his shocked state.

“Okay, stop talking nonsense. Let’s go and try on the next clothes.” Ignoring Hongki’s complaints and started to walk away going to the Home Economics Room.

“K-Key, I really hate you!” Hongki shouted after Key with tears forming in his eyes.