Lord's smile vs angel's smile

PRINCEss [On Hiatus]

 

*The next day*

Taemin’s pov:

                I was standing by the window staring outside totally dreading what’s gonna happen to me in this weird school. Outside the classroom other students were staring at me with the strangest look on their faces. I let out a sigh and shrugged my shoulders.

Onew’s pov:

                I see Taemin-ssi standing by the window with a gloomy expression on his beautiful face so I decided to approach him and try to cheer him up.

                “It’s become such a huge thing hasn’t it?” I asked making small talk.

                “I heard from Key-hyung. You’re responsible too.” He said to me as he gave me the cutest angry face that I’ve ever seen.

                “Eh? Mianhae.” I looked at him in surprise and immediately felt guilty so I apologized. He just sighed. “By the way, where’s Key? Wasn’t he with you?” I asked when I noticed that Key wasn’t around.

“He said he had something to do and went off.” He said.

                “It must be that!” I said realizing what Key was doing.

                “That?” Taemin asked a bit confused at what I said.

                I notice the other students making a bit of a ruckus outside the classroom and knew that Key was coming so I said to Taemin, “Look.” As we both averted our attention to the door.

                The students parted to give way to Key, who is now dressed as a girl and was heading to our direction.

                “Yo, Taemin-ah. Good morning Onew-hyung.” he greeted with a smile playing around his lips as the other students stared at us.

                “Good morning.” I replied with a smile.

                “W-Why are you dressed up like that?” Taemin said taken aback by how Key looked.

                “This? Just doing my job. I was cheering for the sports club during their morning exercise for the game nearby. Yesterday, you saw Hongki-ah in the middle of his job, didn’t you? Though he seemed to be running away in the middle of it.” Key said nonchalantly to Taemin.

Taemin’s pov:

                You’rethe weird one looking so happy in this strange get-up. I thought to myself as I looked at Key sceptically.

                Suddenly the students that were standing outside came rushing in the room and kneeled down in front of Key and said, “Key-ssi, help me overcome the darkness of my school life.”, “Please bestow some vigour on this pitiful slave!” another one butted in. The rest just said, “Me too! Me too, please!” as they begged Key.

                “All right.” said Key and gives the begging crowd of students an angelic smile. “Good morning, everyone. Let’s go through this wonderful day together.” he continued with that same smile plastered on his face.

                “The smile of an angel! With that, we can go through our day!” the students said after Key gave them what they wanted.

                “Don’t tell me if I were to become a princess, I would have to do this too?” I mumbled as my head drooped down in dismay.

                “No. It’s not as if you must do this. In my case, I’m just making more service sessions. It’s what they wished for, so I just answered to their needs.” He turned to me as he said that and gave his angelic smile.

                “No way, I don’t want to do these kinds of things. Save me, Onew-hyung.” I turned to Onew and gave him my best aegyo.

Onew’s pov:

                Aaaw… He’s just too cute, Makes me wanna hug him and pinch those cheeks of his.Isaid mentally as I looked at Taemin.

                “It’ll be fine. It’s not as if you’re already chosen to be a princess. Besides, if you really don’t want to do it, then I’ll think of a way to help you.” I said as I try comforting him.

                “Onew-hyung! Somehow, whenever I see your face, I’m mysteriously calmed and comforted.” Taemin said as he held my hand in his. “How should I say this? It’s as if I’ve seen the Lord’s smile.” He described and gave me this thankful look.

                “Excuse me. I just gave you an angel’s smile. Didn’t that calm you down?” Key asked indignantly at Taemin.

                “It didn’t!” Taemin bluntly answered Key. “Onew-hyung, please bestow upon me your calming powers.” he bowed and hugged me.

                I was so shocked at what he did that I just stood still and stared at the top of his head which is resting at the hollow of my neck while both of his arms was slung across my shoulder and my neck. Key was also shocked at Taemin’s actions and was staring at us with wide eyes and with his hands clasped in front of him. The only thing that came out of my mouth was, “T-Taemin-ssi…”

                “He’s hugging Onew-nim.” the students outside started to say.

“Hugging Onew-nim?!” others followed suit.

“Is that alright?” some questioned with a worried look on their faces.

Apparently, Taemin heard the outburst of the students and realized what he just did, because he immediately removed his arms around my shoulder and stood at arms’ length away from me with a what-the-heck-did-I-just-do look on his face.

Taemin’s pov:

                Oh crap! I just remembered! Onew-hyung has his own secrets too. What has gotten into me that I suddenly just hugged him in front of all these people?! I mentally slapped myself and stood there feeling very awkward.

                “Either way, I’m going to change.” Key said like nothing happened then started to walk to the door.

                “You’d better make it quick or class might start without you!” Onew called after Key before he got out of the room.

                Key just replied with a “Yeah.” and ran to change into his uniform.

                “Our princess is going away. If only she could stay that way forever.” The other students said with a sad expression on their faces as they stare at Key’s retreating back

                What the hell is this excitement all about? Furrowing my brows in utter confusion and sighed heavily. “Besides that, how long will this continue? What a let-down. If they’re going to decide, then hurry up and do it.” I said out loud in exasperation.

                “The earliest will be after a few days.” Onew said in answer to my question.

                “Am I supposed to endure this until then?” I said bowing my head and shrugging my shoulders in frustration. I feel a massive headache coming just about now.