The Lost Heart

Yunri's Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The rain was getting thick and Yuri could only stare at the road with the last piece of love she have. Now, she was clutched it tight on her chest, as if the wind would blown it away if she bare it to the world. “This won’t be over on us Yul. You have to trust me. Wait for me on the station.” The voice of a man she had loved since summer two years ago kept her warm in the chilly night. The only problem was, it was getting late, and their train departed an hour ago and storm came and Yunho didn’t show up. Lots of problem.

 

Yuri would not let that happen. There would be plenty of reasons for Yunho’s lateness, and she would forgive him. She would even forget that her bone had frozen and her flesh had turned blue-cold while she was waiting for him. She would frogive him if only he came, which he was never did. She must to face the reality. A cruel reality she would ever remember in her life. She came home, face white-ashen and broken heart and high fever. For seven years, she nurtured her broken heart with anger and loathing.

 

And now she met that man again. The whole of anger and loathing she had developed for years shattered in her feet. Humiliating was thick in the air as they stared one another, but unable to break away. She would be grateful to be everywhere except for this hell of her work place where Yunho turned out to be the new boss. Yuri lifted her chin high while gazed steadily at him.

 

“Welcome Mr. Jung.” Her tone was crisp, business-all-like. She only hoped that he would not say to anyone in the building they know each other. She couldn’t take anymore of pain if everyone trying to dig their past.

 

The man nodded, still staring at her with masked expression. Yoona, stood behind her, shot razor-sharp glare at her. “Stop it!” She mouthed.

 

She ignored her. “I am Kwon Yuri and I will be your right hand.”

 

He nodded again and rudely cut everyone by walking ahead into his office without backward glance.

 

“I'd say 'dashing ' ” Tiffany muttered beside her, but Yuri had already found her way to the restroom where she could vomit everything she had inside, including her heart.

 

Days changed weeks, and surprisingly Yuri survived. Seeing that everyday she had to face him both in office and in cafeteria, she must to feel proud she able to put that expressionless face. Yuri always checked her emotion and temper in place. And that way, Yunho would not be able to hurt her for the second time.  

 

The bulb flicked, followed by the familiar beep sound. Yuri turned to her intercom. “Come to my office now.” Then it was ended by another beep without waiting for her answer.

 

“A charming bastard.” Tiffany muttered. With small smile for her, Yuri rose from her chair and headed to the boss’s office. Her heart was in .

 

“What the hell is this?!” The pile of files fled in every direction after being slapped against the wooden table. “I told you to get this one right!”

 

Feel like being slapped in the cheek, Yuri suppressed a wince. “It is right, Sir.” She said with calmness.

 

His head snapped up to her, eyes burning to hers. “Do this over again with no any mistakes.”

 

She took a deep breath and forced mountains of patients. “I will not. It is exactly what our partner want.” Did he ever think that it cost every of energy within her to talk to him?

 

“ with them! You are paid to hear everything what I say, aren’t you?!” He growled.

 

Yuri’s fingers were shaking and she clenched her hands into fists. Now, it felt like being punched in the gut. Tears stung her eyes but she held back mercilessly. She would not cry in front of him, never!

 

“I quit.”

 

With that she stormed out of his office straight to her table to collect her purse and walked out of the office without any intention of getting back there. The only thing she didn’t see was, Yunho looked like just strike by lightning.

 

It didn’t need too long for her to find another work place. She accepted as the new secretary in new building few block away from her old work place. Her new place was nothing compared to the old one, but the last thing she would do was working under the same roof with him. She adapted her self pretty fast for newcomer while slowly day by day forgetting about him.

 

“Hurry, or else we’re going to miss this introduction.” One of her fellow secretary pulled her wrist down to the hall.

 

Yuri giggled. “It’s not like he will sad we’re not there.”

 

Sunny roll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter