Beautiful Stranger

Yunri's Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Funny how things happen,

In one look, they know that they're meant for each other

 

 

 

 

Yuri sat down quietly on the seat she had chosen the moment she climbed in the bus. It was going to be along way to home yet she didn’t mind. Besides, celebrating her parents’ anniversary was a tradition in her family. Yuri roamed her eyes and smiled quietly as she realized that the bus almost looked empty. At last she could find some solace before spending a week with her siblings. They had surely loud and noisy mouths more than one could imagine. She scooted over on the seat near the window and dumped her bag into the empty seat beside her in case someone had bad intention toward her. She knew well enough for a girl like her to travel alone was enough to attract villains. Eyeing the bus keenly, she tried to find a comfortable position.

 

Just as the bus about to pull out, someone entered. But Yuri quickly looked away. She didn’t want to appear as if she was interested. But as the man come approaching her way, she shifted her head a little enough to warn him off not to mess with her. Her cold polite stare was unwavering despite her fluttering stomach. Boy, but he was too handsome for her comfort. As he walked right under the dim light of the bus, just two rows away from her seat, his eyes fastened on her. He stopped dead in his track. His body swayed slightly in the moving bus. They looked at each other, both mesmerized by what they saw.

 

She was the first to break the contact. Yuri cleared as she looked away. She could feel he was smiling. Damn! She thought. She didn’t intend staring at him that way.

 

“Well, hello you too.” He walked pass her seat and plopped himself at the seat right behind her. “Don’t mind me lady. I’ll behave.” His whisper was just right behind her ear.

 

Yuri snorted but didn’t need the feel to retort back. So, she was searching for her iPod and plunging the earphones into her ears. Quickly, she found her eyes became heavy as the bus swayed and Celine Dion’s voice sang smoothly in her ears. She fell into dreamless sleep. Her body protested when the ache began to come. Yuri shifted in her seat, slumping a little till her head disappeared from sight. She was falling again into sleep.

 

At first she rather heard someone speaking close to her ear. But then she thought it was only a dream. Once again the voice came. A man’s voice. Her body stiffened with her eyes still closing. A pat on her shoulder and she bolted from the seat. Her head hit the bag place above her, pretty hard. Yuri winced as she rubbed her head.

 

“!” The man muttered. “I didn’t mean to scare you. Let me see.” His hand reached for her head.

 

At first, she was disoriented. She was just awoke from sleep anyway and the next her head hit something hard. Yuri writhed as his hand touched the lump in her head.

 

“I’m so sorry.” He was withdrawing his hand back as Yuri opened her eyes. “I promise I’ll tend to your wound.”

 

“You’d better be or I swear I’ll hit your head so we are even.” She muttered sullenly. “What was that for?”

 

He grinned and boy, Yuri stunned by the smile that could lit up his entire face. “The bus is about to stop. I thought you might need to use bathroom and get some drink or snack.”

 

She nodded to accept his explanation. “Okay.” Then she slumped back in the seat before made a fool of her self.

 

“Am I forgiven then?”

 

Yuri tilted her head aside and the man was resting his arms on the back of her seat as he leaned forward. She frowned in hope that he would sit back. His face was too clear and too handsome before her.

 

“Only if you will sit back and treat my head the way you should” She quipped “Later, I mean”

 

He grinned again. “We’ll see.” Then to her astonishment, he touched the wound in her head gently as rueful smile planted on his lips. “Once again I’m sorry.”

 

“That’s okay.” She said softly much to her surprise.

 

“Can I take a seat beside you?” He pointed toward the seat beside her with his chin which was occupied with her traveler bag.

 

“You may as well become my pillow now. I can’t lay my injured side into the window.” She smiled wryly.

 

“I’m Yunho.” He said as he moved out her bag into the bag place above their seat. When he plopped down beside her, he grinned again. “Rest your head here. I will be your temporary pillow as long as you need me.” He patted his wide shoulder proudly.

 

“Good.” Yuri leaned her uninjured side head. “Call me Yuri.”

 

“But don’t drift off sleep again. We’re close upon the next stop.”

 

“Okay.” She mumbled sleepily. Maybe when she could get her senses back, she would punch him and tell him to back off. Maybe her head was really dysfunctional when she let him sat down beside her. But she didn’t give a damn. There was a time when everything wrong feels so good. Besides she was so sick of carefulness. And when Yunho was being presented before her, she just couldn’t refuse. She was tired and in some odd way, she trusted him.

 

Nevertheless, Yuri dozed off. He let her to sleep since she looked so exhausted. She was surely having a cute way to warn him off earlier. Maybe she just didn’t realize that it was pure because of her that attracted people’s attention. Her smooth tanned skin, her pointed nose, her long black hair and her brown eyes were just perfect. It wasn’t that he had some bad intentions toward her. It was simply because he wanted to know her, a traveling friend.

 

Yuri felt her shoulder being shaken. She squinting her eyes a little. “Hey, I thought you’d be gone.”

 

“Do you except me to?”

 

He didn’t look offended, so Yuri continued. “Maybe.” She lifted up her head. “How much time do we have here?”

 

“Thirty minutes and we’re already wasting seven minutes.”

 

Yunho didn’t pretend to look okay when he rolled his arm which upon her head been resting. Yuri smiled. “Nice temporary pillow. Thanks.” She beamed. “Now, I really need to use bathroom.”

 

“Can I get anything for you?” He asked as they climbed down the bus.

 

Yuri stretched her stiff arms and she whimpered. “Something to relax my muscles would be nice. And mineral water.”

 

“On my way princess. Meet me in the bench. I’ll do something to reduce the swollen in your head.”

 

Yuri grinned. “I count on you, doctor.”

 

Minutes later, he was did a magic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter