Diary of Pregnancy

Yunri's Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seven months full of love, quarrel, and affection

Here is the journal. . . . . .

 

 

 

JUNE 25

Heavenly.

 

Yuri stretched out lazily in the cozy, warm bed that she and her husband had occupied hastily last night. She stifled a grin that threatened to split her face into two. People around her had sworn that her husband couldn’t get his hands off of her. That was so true, but she wouldn’t admit it easily since she enjoyed so much the compliments that delivered with envy pursed lips. She nestled close to the source of warm in the bed, cuddle into the crook of her husband’s strong arm, the very place where she belonged other than his heart.

 

“Got your self comfortable my dearest wife?” Her husband’s bed voice whispered just right above her head. God, how she loved to hear Yunho’s morning voice that always seemed to make her love him even more. Her heart swelled with love.

 

Too lazy to open her eyes, Yuri smiled as if he could see her and nodded faintly. “You made a perfect bed for me.” Her husband’s naughty fingers began to her bare arm lazily, causing her to shiver despite her self.

 

“I am?”

 

“Hmmm.”

 

“Hmmm what?” He persisted.

 

“That you are.”

 

He chuckled and the trill of his voice rang closely in her ear for Yuri had rest her head in his chest.

 

“Good to hear that. How’s our daughter?”

 

Yuri pursed her lips. “You mean our son? He’s okay.”

 

Yunho’s free hand reached for her tummy that now began to swell. She was nine weeks pregnant now. “I see that she is cozy. No more morning sickness?”

 

Her brows drew together in the middle into perfect line. “I swear whoever that named it “morning sickness” has no idea at all. It’s more like everyday sickness.” At Yunho’s stifled laugh, she scowled. “However, in my case it’s getting better. My baby boy is get along well nowadays”

 

Even after six weeks after the news of her pregnancy, they were always still arguing about the gender of the baby. Not that they would likely give up until it revealed. They both has refused to check the baby’s gender and happily declared that it would become a perfect surprise if the time had come. Yuri mused that another reason was that Yunho liked to banter with her about the baby’s gender. And she was hundred percent sure her husband would have that smug smile of him if the baby turned out a girl.

 

He even boasted about it with family members in the company. Her eight members would always choose Yunho’s side for he was their brother figure. What an adorable puppies her eight members had became when Yunho told them about her pregnancy. Their eyes would bulge with wonder. But it was okay. Changmin and Shinee members chose her side. Changmin had said that he would take the baby boy for vacation with him to Disneyland. Yunho had his face tight with disapproval. Not only because Changmin called his baby “a boy”, but also because he seemed wary to let Changmin nursing his baby.

 

“What are you thinking?” He inquired as his finger found that she had that frown in her forehead.

 

“I’ll love it to watch our boy grown up in the middle of our family. They are ecstatic every time I showed up at the building.” She teased.

 

“Who wouldn’t? You are the most desired pregnant woman in the world.” He kissed her forehead. “In case of our daughter, she will definitely adorable no one will able to ignore her.”

 

Yuri prayed every night that it would be a boy. “He will be charming like his father.”

 

“She will be the most beautiful girl like her mom.”

 

Her annoyance won. Yuri slapped his shoulder as she got into sitting position. “For a thousand times I told you already it’s a boy.”

 

He merely raised one eyebrow. Oh God, how Yuri hated her betrayal heart that always flutter at the sight of him. Sometimes, she just loved him so much she felt helpless but another time she would really love to have his neck in her hands. She thanked God that they hadn’t yet made to shop for baby’s necessities. It would surely be a long argument worth to wait.

 

“You are a bad company for a pregnant woman.” She stated distastefully, daring him to contradict. When Yunho didn’t, she continued. “The last thing you should do is make your emotional wife irked.”  With that she left the bed before she really strangled her beloved husband.

 

 

 

SEPTEMBER 29

03.00 PM

Disaster yet romantic.

 

Yuri didn’t have the slightest idea how the two words could match well to describe the situation between her and Yunho. They made it safely to baby’s shop with hands clasped and stolen kiss there and here. People were helplessly envy at the sight of them walking hand in hand. Yunho, who full with happiness, was throwing smiles at everyone who walked across them. Meanwhile, Yuri turned crimson every time people congratulate for her pregnancy.  Nevertheless, she smiled politely at them. Who would have thought the member of TVXQ and Girls’ Generation who happily married would walk in the street showing of affection to everyone?

 

Yunho had made home hastily after his concert in Japan. The president that understood the situation was with a big heart giving him a week off. Yuri, due to her swollen belly, had taken absence of her schedule with the girls until the baby born except for fans meeting. Of course she felt terribly sorry, but the girls had assured her it was okay. What could she do anyway with the swollen belly? Surely their fans would shock to the core if she showed up in the stage with mini skirt or hot pants and heels. Instead, she watched them from backstage when the girls had schedule in Korea. Yunho had banned her to leave aboard.

 

“I think this will do.” She held a cute blue layette for her husband to inspect.

 

At the time, her husband was busily checking on bootee for baby girls. Yuri rolled her eyes when his husband didn’t even glance at the soft fabric in her hand. One hand in her tummy, Yuri tried again. “Yunho, what do you think of this?”

 

This time he looked up with disapproval. “Choose the pink one, baby. Blue will not match for a girl.”

 

Hah! She thought. “I like blue.”

 

The corner of his lips twitched up. “I know you do.” He looked down to concentrate on the baby’s shoes again. “Fine then, choose one with more feminine layer. I think the hearts print will do just fine.”

 

Yuri huffed loudly, barely controlling her annoyance. Their friends suggested that they should buy two kinds, one for baby boy, one for baby girl. It wouldn’t work that way. They didn’t know Yunho well if they thought he would agree. He always got what he wanted. But Yuri wasn’t going to give up. She wouldn’t even come with Yunho if she wasn’t sure she would win.

 

“Oh look! This one has balls print.” She exclaimed cheerfully as she picked it up and practically shoved it at Yunho’s face. “Isn’t this adorable?”

 

Patiently, Yunho removed her hand out of his face. “It is.”

 

“But?” She prompted, sensing that it wasn’t end yet.

 

“I prefer hearts for our baby girl.” He reached for her and planted a kiss on the tip of her nose.

 

Yuri swore she heard sighs coming from the clerks. They had patiently waiting the couple as they walked around the shop and took a pick.

 

“But I like this one.” Yuri persistently held the blue balls layette. She was deliberately starring at him with those puppy’s eyes. Yuri knew that her husband holding back a sigh. She victoriously glanced around the shop to show off that she had won the argument. “So?”

 

“Alright. It will useful for our second born.”

 

Biting her bottom lip before the retort slip, Yuri swallowed. “Thank you. But I assure you it will be useful just when this one born.” She patted her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter