Victim of Love

Yunri's Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Fate doesn't give them the easy way

But they are stronger

 

 

Yunho was watching her. Every damn second he never wasted it. Every breath he took, he took it for her. His heart ached for her. His eyes cried for her. But none of it seemed can heal the ugly scar that had been planted deep in her soul. It was his fault, he decided. If only he could do better to protect her. He had betrayed her trust. He had failed his own promise. What left now was only wound that he had believed would never be healed.  He could never be able to face her anymore.

 

“She’s doing great nowadays.” Changmin patted his shoulder reassuringly. “Those kids are miracle for her.”

 

“I see.” Yunho acknowledged bitterly. He was surely remembered the day when Yuri mentioned about their future children to him, not only once in fact. Now, the chance was out of his reach. Every time he saw Yuri with kids, he would always dream about Yuri with his kids for nights. He couldn’t decide whether it was sweet dream or nightmare.

 

“Why don’t you go see her? She asked about you every single day.”

 

Yunho shook his head. It took all his willpower to not break in front of his best friend. “She’s doing well without me. She doesn’t need me in her life.” His shaking voice betrayed his masked control.

 

“For thousand times I’ll tell you, what had happened is not your ing fault.” Changmin’s grip tightened on his shoulder. “Yuri never blames you. No one blames you. You took all of this really hard.”

 

Yunho’s head hung low. He couldn’t either look at Yuri or Changmin. “How could I take all of it easily, huh? I failed her. I’d rather die if I hurt her again. That’s why I ran away.”

 

“This is what you mean about run away? You always come every ing day, Yunho. For God’s sake, this is almost a year. Yuri needs you.”

 

His heart thumped hard upon hearing that. Damn it all! He also needed Yuri. More that he needed to breathe. “What if it happens again?” Yunho was shaking when he said that.

 

Changmin rubbed his eyes frustratingly. “Then it means you kill her twice if you just go away. She’s still hoping that you will come back someday. Don’t let that hope die just because you are afraid of future.”

 

Unable to hear anymore of his talk, Yunho turned away. “Take care of her.”

 

“What now? You won’t come back tomorrow?” Changmin asked mockingly. “We all know you can’t. So stop fooling your self and hurt her even more.”

 

Changmin was right. He would always come back to where Yuri is. Yuri was magnet that would always attract him. She was the center of his universe. No matter how busy he was, there would be always time to come by just to see her. Part of him ached to surrender this stubborn act of him, half-part was still afraid of possibilities. She was so important for him.   

 

“Damn you! Don’t tell me what to do.” With that, Yunho left the hospital.

 

On way to his house, Yunho was crying and smiling at the same time. He was crying for losing the only woman he would ever love. He was smiling because today he saw her smiling around the kids. The smile that used to she gave only for him. It was killing him and salving his wound at the same time, such a poisonous combination.

 

 

 

 

“Will you come home with me?” Yuri wrapped her arms around his waist tightly. They had been dating for six months but Yunho never once suggesting about sleep over. Swallowing her embarrassment, Yuri bravely asked him. She was grown up woman now and she loved him so much. “Please, I don’t feel like sleep alone tonight.”

 

Yunho chuckled lightly as he planted sweet kiss on top of her head. His arms naturally circled around her as if to shelter her. “Are you just suggesting us to sleep together?”

 

“Can you be more obtuse?” She grumbled against his chest.

 

He could feel she was pouting in his arms. “Oh sweetheart, I’ve been imagine about that for six months.”

 

Yuri blushed. Thanks for their position, he couldn’t witness it. He would if he knew. “I heard ‘but’ in that statement.”She snuggled closer, torn between relief for his gentleman behavior and disappointed with his refusal. The air around them was sweet as if God blessed them tonight.

 

“I have to go tomorrow. Early in the morning.” 

 

Yuri lifted her head, disapproval clearly in her face. “And you told me about that tonight?” She scowled at him.

 

Yunho gently tugged back the strand of wild hair behind her ear. “It’s just Japan. I’ll be back even before you notice I leave.”

 

“Why don’t you take me with you? I can take a week off if you want. Seriously, there’s nothing I can do in office anyway.” Her voice was thick with hope.

 

Sadly, he must reject because tomorrow departure was for job. It can be said that Yunho was lying about his job to her. He was working for government intelligent. It is not wise to brag about it unless they would marry. And they were far away from that. Besides, their meeting was because of his job.

 

“I can’t sweetheart. My boss will angry.” He said remorsefully. Truly, he wanted to take her everywhere he goes. “Beside it’s not good to take a day off even though you work for your father’s company.” He kissed the tip of her nose lightly. “I’m so sorry. I promise I will make it up for you.”

 

She sighed heavily. “You’re right. I make a fool of my self in front of you by suggesting that.”

 

Yuri was five years his junior. But sometimes, she was ahead of him. She offered him what he was afraid to ask. She was an open-minded woman and easy to be loved.

 

“Don’t be sorry for what you just suggesting. I like that. No, I love that. It’s my loss for rejecting the offer.”He smiled ruefully. “Keep making that offer in the future and I promise you will be pleased.”

 

Yuri slapped his arm playfully. The color in her cheeks was high due to chilly night and blush. “You are even worse than what I thought.”

 

“And what did you think about me anyway?” He asked teasingly. God, he loved to see her shy smile, her bright eyes, her straight nose, her soft-plump lips. Everything about her is just perfect.

 

“So what time you will leave?”

 

His smile grew wider. “What’s with the distraction? Are you just suddenly shy?”

 

Yuri hid her face in his neck. “Stop it! It’s public place.”Her warm breath on his neck tickled him. “Tell me what time you will leave. I will take you to the airport.”

 

“Oh baby I’ll miss you so much.” He tightened his arms.

 

In the past six months he never imagined he would fall so hard. Unfortunately, it was all started with lie. Yunho was in mission. He was undercover agent whom sent by government to investigate illegal smuggling did by Yuri’s father. The only way to get close was by dating the enemy’s daughter. There was a time when Yuri was in danger. Agency could be so impatient and they wanted to interrogate her no matter how often he said that she was clean. Yuri was innocent. She truly didn’t know her father’s illegal business.

 

Yunho planned to tell her the truth when everything was over. But everyday was getting hard to prove the truth. Now that her father knew someone dating his daughter, he was on guard. They had met once over dinner that Yuri suggested. By the look on his face, he really despised Yunho and hoped to rid of him. It wouldn’t be easy now. He would never leave Yuri, not when strangers kept coming to Kwon House. So, he told her to move out. Gladly, she accepted the idea without getting curious. She also told him that sometime her father’s guests looked at her strangely.

 

“Will you be okay without me?” Yunho asked worriedly. “Maybe you really should come with me.”

 

“You are such a bipolar.” Yuri kissed his jaw. “I have Yoona, remember? She’s judo master.”

 

Something inside him insisted that he must stay or take her with him. The kind of feeling that told us something bad would happen. Yunho frowned. “But she’s not living with you. She’s a floor above.”  

 

Her hand rubbed his back reassuringly. “I’ll sleep over if that can put you at ease.” Yuri’s hand slipped behind his neck and pulled his head down. “But next time you leave, you really have to take me. Promise?”Her sweet breath fanned his cheek.

 

“I promise.” He smiled. “Now why don’t you kiss me? I’m dying here.”

 

Yuri grinned before stood on her tip toes. His kiss always managed to take her breath away when they pull out. “Drive me home now. I’ll take every second I can get t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter