The Break Up

Yunri's Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re ing crazy if you think you will do this!” I scream at the top of lung when Yunho’s arm slid around my waist to yank me back. “I hate you!” I spat.

 

“Baby, please. You must listen to me.” His eyes look miserable and exhausted.

 

“You told me we’re done with this !” I dig my nails into his arm and my heart wrenches when I see Yunho wince in pain, but he don’t let go my waist.

 

“That’s why I asked your permission.” He says calmly with his pleading look. He anchors his arms around me and pulls me in tight embrace while his face buries in my neck.

 

“I don’t need a ing liar boyfriend!” I continue to yell while struggle to break free. “You didn’t ask for my permission. You practically told me your decision!”

 

I feel like struggle against a grip of steel. Tears leak down my cheeks and the drops fall to Yunho’s forehead. He surprises and looks up to find me weeping uncontrollably. “You’re crazy if you think I can watch you’re beaten again in the ring.”

 

“I won’t let him beat me Yuri. Think of it, I can buy you a car with the money, and pay for our tuition.”

 

“That is not the point!” I shove him hard on the shoulders with my balled fists. “And I don’t need the money if it means your face covered with blood. You don’t understand, do you? You will never understand!”

 

He do not budge an inch, instead he lift one hand to cup my cheek. “Don’t cry. You break my heart.” His face crumples in anguish.

 

“You break my heart.” I use the opportunity of his only one hand in my waist to slip away and hastily make my escape. “I’m going to stay with your family until you can make up your mind.”

 

That is the only place where I can escape from Yunho. Not even my parents’ home will save me from him much less if I go back to my dorm. I storm out of his apartment and torn between relieve and disappointed when he do not try to get me back. His family will keep Yunho at distance. I don’t even bring any of clothes and I won’t mind to use one of his brothers’ t-shirt to sleep till Yoona brings me the rest of my clothes tomorrow.

 

I’m so disoriented at dinner to even notice that everyone try to talk to me until I feel Ilwon’s hand, Yunho’s dad, on my shoulder. I look up with burning eyes caused by unfulfilled cry.

 

“Boys, leave your sis alone.” He says warningly to all of Yunho’s brothers. “I’ll be on my study if you need to talk.” He stands from his chair with paternal smile that tempt me to burst into cry. “Eat your meal baby girl. You need all energy you could muster to confront Yunho.” He pats my head and leaves the table.

 

I smile apologetically at the pity stares Yunho’s brothers throw at me. “I’m fine guys. I just need some space to think and I’m sorry if I use all of you as my defense.”

 

“No trouble at all sis. Yunho’s a !” Jiwon, by three years older from Yunho, smiles reassuringly at me. “We all know you can’t be safe from him anywhere except here.”

 

“What’s his problem this time?” Insuk asks me concernedly. 

 

I contemplate for a while whether to tell him or not, but after all the problems I threw at them I know I can’t hide it. “He’s going back to the ring, a week from now on, Tuesday night at Grand.”

 

I cringe when Yonghwa’s face crumpled. He is two years older than Yunho and was my brother’s best friend. “That ing bastard! What did he think he does?” He snarls.

 

I keep looking at my plate, steadying my breaths with effort.

 

“Yong, calm down.” Insuk warns. As the older brother, everything he says will be listened.

 

“Sorry Yul. I just carried away.” Sat by my side, he reaches for my hand and squeezes it gently. “I’ll talk to him if you want.”

 

I look up and smile to all of them. “You don’t have to do anything. I bring so much trouble for you all in one day.”

 

“Fine. You can always tell us if you ever need anything.”  Yonghwa squeezes my hand again.

 

By some miracle, I manage to finish my meal despite the lack of appetite. I can’t bring Jiwon down after the trouble for Jiwon to cook dinner knowing I would sleep over. I tell the gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter