The Fate

Yunri's Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It is a beautiful morning for me. I close the door softly while putting wide idiotic grin over my oval face as I saw my best buddy already waiting for me with his new black Kawasaki bike. His face is covered by black matching helmet and just only showing his eyes which is now staring with mirth at me.

 

“Well, that is real news.” I glance appreciatively all over his appearance.

 

“Told yah. . . you like it?”

 

“Are you kidding me?” My eyes lit up.

 

“Hurry up, we’re late.” His voice is muffled but I catch his joyful pitch. 

 

I walk toward him still with my grin. “You know what? Somehow I doubt we’ll be late at all.”

 

His eyes gleam as he understood my meaning. And I hop behind him, straddling the seat and circle my arms around his waist before clutch at him as sticky as I could.

 

 “Ready?”

 

I nod and resting my chin in his broad shoulder, grinning all the way as he ride his bike over100 miles/hour. Yunho is my best pal since we were born –well, since I was born. He is one year older than me and we lived next door. This year is his senior year before he moves to university. Truly, I haven’t anticipated losing him this early. I would seriously miss his playfulness since we always tease each other mercilessly, even when we are with our dates, not that I have many dates anyway. My grip tightens as he speeds up the bike.  

 

 

 

 

 

7 years later. . . .

 

 

It is always beautiful morning for me – just only one thing, it’s not my lucky day. Mom keeps nagging me to go to a blind date she arrange for me. I mean what? I am 25 years old, independent, confidence and absolutely capable to find my own man. Yet she treats me like I’m 20 years old, timid, shy and lack of confidence. Not that I deny I used to like that, but come on. I grab my robe and walk toward my bathroom. I hope that I will bore my date to death and mom will stop.

 

20 minutes later, I sit comfortably at the coffee shop. Damn, I think I came too early. I straighten my sapphire chiffon mini dress when a man in suit enters the room. Not that I wish it will be him, anyway. And when he just walks ahead passing my table, unconsciously I let out a relief sigh. Not that the man less attractive, but I still need some space now with big sign read “MEN DO NOT CROSS”. I focus my eyes on my hands in the table and trying to swallow back a lump in my throat when a warm male hand clasps my shoulder gently.

 

Strange, that this hand feels so familiar yet also bring new sensation inside me. I take a deep shuddering breath before turn around. holy !

 

“What the hell are you doing here?!” I jump from my seat, disbelief that in front of me, my best pal stands with his free hand in his pocket pants. “Yunho!” I lunge my self to his chest and circle my arms around his neck. My belly lurches at our contact.

 

He chuckles deep and his arms sneak around me. I can’t believe I would meet him. We hug for seconds, or minutes, ! I don’t care for how long we stay in each other arms or how people starting to stare at us. I miss him so bad. His hand moves to my back as if to soothe the ache I feel deep inside.

 

“Miss me so bad, huh?” He whispers in my hair before planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

 

“You jerk!” My voice is barely a whisper against his chest. When I breathe, I can smell Yunho’s cologne. His smell is never change, just like the old Yunho I knew. I snuggle deeper to his chest.

 

“I’m sorry.” He murmurs. After a while he finally speaks again. “Listen, believe me I love you hugging me like this in front of everyone. But the old lady over there glares at us, and as much as I want to test her temper, it isn’t wise concerning her age.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter