My Lady Boss

Yunri's Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“How’s thing going?” Yuri plops down beside Yunho on the spectator bench. She is completely aware of the glares just right from behind her. Let those models think they can burn a hole in her head. She comes to observe the match since her star, which is now sitting beside her, got a minor accident. She believes that her team can win the game but things like this sometimes can wreck her nerves. She turns around to flash her megawatt smile to Yunho’s loyal fans. “Enjoy the game ladies.”

 

Yunho snorts beside her.

 

“What?” She quips. “At least I’m paying attention to them.”

 

She understands that sometime Yunho needs time to be alone. He’s not all shallow. Only, she can’t stop teasing him. It’s one of her ways to get his attention. She likes having him as a company. Behind all of his dashing charms, is hiding a man that can be relied on. It has proven so many times when she was in a difficult situation.

 

“I see.” He raises one eyebrow. As a player, it’s pretty devastating for him that he can’t join his team to play in the field. But if he forces himself, it’ll worsen his injury which is lead to unending speech from the owner of the club, Kwon Yuri. The girl has taken over the football club since her father condition getting worse last year. Due to not having any male heir, the business fell upon the only heiress. Unexpectedly, the young girl succeeds to manage the club. The team is getting better and the finance is stable. “So far we are safe boss.”

 

“Stop calling me boss.” Yuri shoots a glare at him. She looks around and finding something amiss. “Where is the Tigress?”

 

“The Tigress?” Yunho asks flatly. He knows perfectly well who she meant. But he’s not going to take the bait. For months, he wondered what has gone wrong between Yuri and his new girlfriend. They surely never met before since Yuri lived in Europe to finish her study and just recently came back. But between the girls, they always threw vicious comments to each other behind their pretty smiles.

 

It was getting scary after few first weeks until he finally decided to not bring Uee to the club again. That wasn’t the only problem. Uee would get sullen for days after she met Yuri. And it wasn’t a thing he fancy the most. He only dates models for a reason. They are more simple compare than other women with different occupation. They mostly date for a pleasure. Call him a bastard but it’s true. No deep feeling, deep commitment attached. That’s exactly what he needs when his career is at stake.

 

Uee would be there when he came home with stress. She would not deny him in the bed. She wouldn’t give any nonsense about his career. That was exactly the Uee he knew before she met Kwon Yuri. Not that he intends to be forever use the benefit. At some point he will settle down. That’s when he finally meets his ‘only one’, which is unpredictable. He believes that because his parents are the exact example of true love. 

 

And right when Uee became more and more demanding about their relationship, he decided it is the best if they go separate ways. It’s done between them last week. He can’t take anymore of her whines. Now about his beautiful boss, he doesn’t have any idea what to do about her. She’s smart and bright and has the prettiest mouth he had ever seen whether she uses it to speak or pouting. He has this strong desire to silence her with his mouth when she got bossy over him.

 

“Oh come on,” Yuri rolls her eyes. “I gather she has already come back to her habitat.” A mischievous smile plays on her lips.

 

Yunho has to fists his hands before he makes fool of himself by grabbing her and kissing her senseless. The young lady is the combination of intelligent wild flower and a warm chocolate. She can be very likeable but also full of spirit no one can stop her even her own father. Now that her father is getting well, he wonders how many days left Yuri will stay.

 

“What are you thinking?” She playfully nudges him in the ribs and hearing hisses behind her. “Missing your wild Tigress already?”

 

“Careful young lady,” He all but growls.

 

“Alright, alright,” She put her hands in the air. “Chill out. I’m just guessing.” She grins while leans closer. “Hey guess what, you can choose one of these girls to be taken home.” 

 

“Yuri.” He breathes. What is this girl thinking actually? While he calms down from unexpected desire either to really kiss her or to strangle her head, Yuri laughs out loud. “If you won’t stop bothering me young lady, I’ll swear to you there are consequences you must to face. Pretty soon.” He closes his eyes.

 

This girl is a mixture of temptation and illness. Once she got to you, you can’t think properly, you can’t breathe normally, and you have no idea what to do about it. It feels so good to be stopped but it’s hurt to be stayed. Maybe that’s the reason why Yuri is always alarming the bell inside his head. But carelessly, he crushed that bell because his greed of her.

 

Her laugh beside him is a pure torture. It sounds like a heavenly song in his ears. He is getting oblivious to all but her. Yuri fills his senses like a water satisfy plant in the desert. He can’t have her. That’s why the more he tries to avoid her, the more Yuri is tempting for him. At least he still can see her smile, can feel her sitting close beside him, and can pull out that merry laugh within her.

 

“And what is that? Kick my out of the stadium? You won’t dare.”

 

“That’s not even close.” He glares at her. “Why can’t you play a nice girl every time you are with me?”

 

She purses her lips thoughtfully. Her dainty finger is tapping at her temple. By God, he is even jealous to that finger because it can touch her perfect skin.

 

“I think it’s because you are a bad guy. Let’s say we're even.” She states proudly. “It’s only fair if you meet your match, isn’t it? Poor those girls.”

 

Yunho can only stare at her incredulously. “Is that why you always became a royal pain in my ?”

 

Her perfect white teeth gleam. Her eyes shine brightly. She looks utterly perfect for Yunho’s breath catches in his throat.

 

“That’s one of many reasons. Don’t be so flattered about it.” She pats his shoulder playfully. “So, I assume that you’re fine here. Time for me to go.” She starts to stand up. “Be a good boy and I’ll make sure you can play for the next match.” She winks. “I’ll see you around ladies.” She waves her hand as she walks away.

 

One think he never realizes, Yuri always walks away with his heart in her hands.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

For the next days, Yunho really plays his role as a good boy. He obeys what his doctor says. Not only because he misses the field so much, Yunho also wants badly to please the lady boss. Everything she says is like a spell for him. He knows that she’ll be watching him either when him practice or getting his therapy.

 

“Hello champions.” She barges into the crowded cafeteria. Upon her presence, all the players get noisy, all demands for the beautiful lady boss’s attention. And as always, Yuri rewards their effort by flashing her megawatt smile that can make his stomach flutters.

 

“I’ll be honored to have you sit beside me Miss Kwon.” One of the players inquires.

 

Yuri only grins. “I’ll be happy to oblige.”

 

She takes her tray and starts filling it with meals. Another thing Yunho loves about her, she appreciates food. She loves to eat as much as she loves to work out.

 

When she plops down beside him, many eyebrows rise. He just shrugs while smirking. “My lucky day.”

 

“Don’t you worry that I may have a speech for you?”

 

This is raising laughs from the table, but Yunho only shrugs.

 

“That kind of thing won’t happen in front of many people. You respect my dignity so much to crush it in front of people.” He remarks.

 

She nods thoughtfully. “True. You know me so well Mr. Jung.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter