That Man

Yunri's Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

He's everything women want in men.

-Yuri

 

 

 

The night I saw him, I couldn’t forget the killer desire in his eyes when he beat his opponent mercilessly, completely a different stare when they observed one another earlier. His stare was thick with keen interest and amusement and intimidating, while his opponent, smug and arrogant and dirty look. He took his opponent down in less than two minutes, made a fear crawled into my skin as I stared in horror at the lifeless body in the cold floor with blood smeared everywhere.

Then his cold eyes drifted around the crowd before stop at me. Holy cow, I forgot how to breath. His deep brown hair wet with sweat clung to his forehead before he shoved it behind. There was slash in the corner of his lip and the upper of his left eyebrow, the rest of his body was still intact and, oh God, perfect. His torso molded in his white covered blood sleeveless t-shirt. It was definitely containing a lot of hard muscles. I remembered when my eyes wander to his face, his eyes softened a shade. I in my breath. He flashed me a ghost smile that made my body tingle. Then he was gone into the crowd and darkness and I couldn’t stop my self from thinking about him.

So, here I am standing in the same club I was thirteen days ago in hope I can meet him once more. I’d do anything to get that ghost of smile from him again, anything. I saw his fight three days ago, but not that smile since he went right away. My brother thought that I went with him so that I can get free alcohol. He didn’t know the truth and I don’t need him to know the truth. He will slice me into pieces before lock me in cookies jar.

“Yuri, come on.” He tugs at my jacket sleeve. “Remember to always cling into me.”

“Okay boss.”

 I follow right behind his heel into the club through narrow hall. His hand holds my wrist securely while with my free hand I hold onto his shoulder. I will safe if I keep cling around him. He has some reputation in this forbidden club. Thank God, he didn’t bring his girl. The witch likes to put me in danger.

The familiar darkness of the club with its loud music and crowd and smell of alcohol mix with smell of sweat greets us. I look around gingerly. I swallow and try to not nervous. Even after visiting this club for two weeks, I still feel nervous. Once we are on wide space, Ji drags me to his side and sneaks his arm around my waist. This way is to keep me safe.

“Are you thirsty?” He almost shouts into my ear since the music is impossibly deafening.

I shake my head. “No, not yet. Later.” I shout back.

“So what do you want?” He looks at me amusedly.

Great! He thought I came here for drink and now that I refused it. “How about watching the fight?”

His brows rise in surprise, making me annoyed. “My baby sister likes to watch the fight? That’s your truly reason keep following me here? What a surprise!”

I nod. “I just – like it. It’s different.”

He rolls his eyes with small smile tugging his lips. “Of course it is different. It’s more brutal.”

I shake my head at him. “It’s more passionate.”

He laughs at me then scowling as he face one of his friend that wink at me. He shoves him with one hand away from us. “Yeah baby, we talk about lot of money involved.”

I stare at him, unsure what to say and just manage to blink.

“So, stay cling to me. Tell me if you want something. I want you to safe, okay?”

I nod and kiss his cheek. “The fight.” I point at the ring and he grins.

“My little baby is so eager to watch huh?”

I grip his waist and pull him with me. Ji shoves people out of our way. He determines to get a very nice spot for his little sister which is on the front row right under the ring.

I in my breath. It’s him. He looks so manly. Bandage circles around his hands.

“Watch your hand or I’ll break it.” Ji’s sharp voice isn’t bothering me from staring at him.

Then Ji moves behind me while his hands rest on my waist, probably to keep men from groping my rear. And it is effective, apparently.

“Ji?” I tilt my head aside. “Who’s that guy?” I nudge my chin at his direction.

His brows rise again in surprise. “He’s the best fighter in our town. Jung Yunho.” He says carefully, and then h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter