Wanted

Yunri's Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Both came from wrecked childhood

and only love that could heal it.

 

 

For a long moment Yuri just sat down lost in her thoughts. What happened in the last 12 hours was really drained her strength. Her grandpa, the only relative she owned, had ordered her to go back. She had no choice. The man had dictated her life since she was only five. The parentless girl had no other choice other than to do what her grandpa asked her to. For once, she thought she was safe when the old man sent her off to Europe for school. But now she realized it was just the beginning. The old man had prepared her for this. Yuri swallowed tightly. No, it’s not a time to give up. When she was so close to her dream, she wouldn’t give up. She would fight back.

 

It was raining when her grandpa called, saying that it was time for her to come back. She was unable to hide her fear the first time she stepped inside the house. It was so cold and unfamiliar for her. She was shaking badly as her grandpa opened his arms for her. With force, she walked into his arms stiffly. Tears threatened to spill over, but Yuri gritted her teeth.

 

“You have someone to meet this evening. Go prepare your self. I’ve prepared a car waiting for you outside.”

 

Swallowing bitter and pain, Yuri nodded. Did the man have no feeling at all? They just met for the first time in fifteen years and he was already eager to rid of her. If he couldn’t stand the sight of her, why would he bother to call her home? It was a mystery she couldn’t solve up until now.

 

“Alright.”

 

The bell from above the door rang, a sign that someone had come. Yuri looked up from her hands. There stood her enemy. went dry at the sight of him, so arrogant, selfish and cold. If her grandpa thought she would marry this man, she would choose death. Brown eyes assessed her. It was intelligent she saw there mask with confidence and arrogance. Well he should prepare for his death, Yuri thought. She would bring the hell herself for him.

 

 

 

Yunho sighed heavily. Hell! He thought. He would win her heart if this meant the end of his life. He had worked so hard to win the contract. What would marriage mean if this would bring him to the top? Call him bastard, he didn’t care. All he had wanted was being on top. He checked his watch. 18.30. It was time for him to go inside. A cruel smile lifted the corner of his lips. This would teach the girl, no, his future wife of who was in charge. He was taking a time to walk inside, throwing smile over here and there for women who passed his way. Marriage couldn’t stop him from seeing other women. He would make sure his future wife knew that rule. 

 

He had once seen her picture, a picture that had taken without her knowing. Her brown hair fluttered in the air. She had a lovely smile plastered on her luscious lips. He had straight to conclusion that she was beautiful and calm, yet shine with intelligent and modest, typical of miss prim and proper. He wouldn’t mind. With her education report, she would be an equal partner for him in few occasions. One or two children would be enough for making her busy in home and satisfied with her life. What would be hard was to compromise her. She was no fool. Well at least, he had his infamous charm.

 

The moment he opened the door, he had a hard time to control his breath. God, she was beautiful in person. But her hard cold stare had splashed ice water to cool whatever it was his interest about her. He stared back, assessed her carefully. Pride was glowing inside him at the thought of her being his wife. He would conquer this Miss prim and proper.

 

Yunho strode forward, his eyes gleamed under the lights. “Yuri?” The pretty angel blinked. She was taken a back by the casualness he used. But then she smiled.

 

“Please have a seat.” She gestured at the seat across her. “What would you like to drink? Let me guess, um Vodka? Whiskey?”

 

“Coffee would be fine.” He supplied. “I’m Yunho.” Yunho saw her effort to compose her self. He waited as Yuri ordered the coffee for him before smiled at her. Even if she knew what was the smile for she pretended not to.

 

“So?  What this is about?” She opened politely. “A Bargain? A Contract? I’m not that cheap.”

 

“I know this will be hard.” Yunho feigned a sigh.

 

“If you want to have him sign the agreement, you should have married him, not me. I am a victim here.” She began bitterly. “Did it ever occur to you, that I have another dreams?”

 

Yunho straightened at the venom tone in her voice. His amusement faded as he stared at the girl in front of him. Forget about her age, she was mature, mature by cruelty and tyranny of her grandfather. Suddenly he felt too ashamed to continue. As for Yuri, she wouldn’t waste time. Each second was too precious to be waste with this man. He had no respect at all. All he ever thought was him self.

 

When the man kept silent, Yuri continued. “I’ve made a plan for my life. I don’t want to be dictated by him anymore. Fifteen years I had wasted for him. Now, this is all will be about me.”

 

“You knew about my history, do you? I lost my parents and he’s all I got. He took the chance to exploit me. I love him, but I can’t let him do this. Not if this is about the rest of my life.” Yuri struggled to keep the tears in place. The last weapon she would use was her tears, but not now. No when she still had a chance to negotiate and save her dignity. “I can’t marry you and you don’t want to marry me.”

 

Yunho frowned at her words. “You can’t?” His coffee arrived. He smiled briefly at the waitress. “Why do you think I don’t want?”

 

“I’ve vowed in front of my parents’ graves, I’ll marry to someone I love.” Forgetting about humiliation, Yuri continued. “I know this sounds cheesy. But for a girl like me it’s important. We all know who you are. You can’t be faithful Yunho.” Seeing his wounded eyes, she added “Maybe if you can, it’s not to a girl like me.”

 

His frown went deeper. “What is it with a girl like you?”

 

Biting back a sigh, Yuri explained patiently. “First, I’m not your type. A man like you will never come to the like of me. Second, I am too young. Correction, we are too young. I want other things to do before settling down. Third, our marriage will be disaster.” There, it should make him think twice, Yuri prayed.

 

If this was under common circumstance, Yunho would laugh out loud. But this girl had made it between death and life. And the determination in her eyes made him shrink back. He couldn’t help but to admire her spirit. “What will your grandpa say about this?”

 

“He’s my problem. I assure you, you will get the agreement without being tied down with me.” That is another problem, Yuri thought. But she would deal with it later. Now, the important thing was to convince this man. “I need your cooperation”

 

Yunho shifted in his chair. Her lovely pleading face was torment for his soul. One side of him wanted to help her end her misery, the other one had intrigued by her. “Listen Yuri, I need this contract with your grandpa. I can’t just believe to you without any prove.”

 

“If I give you what you want, will you let me go?” She asked hesitantly, torn between relief and troubled.

 

One thing Yunho was so sure, her grandpa wouldn’t give it to her. He had made it clear the contract would be a package with Yuri. But he wouldn’t tell it to her. “I’m not suppose to take a risk.” He began carefully. “But if you can get me the contract before the date, I will cooperate with you. We will annul the marriage.”

 

She slumped in her chair with b eyes. “Thank you. Thank you so much.”

 

Overwhelming by the urge to hug her, Yunho gripped his cup tighter. Regret slowly ate him. In a month, her gratitude would change into hatred. Well, he deserved that. What was it about her that could make him like this? At first, he was so confident to conquer her, the next he became putty in her hands. Yunho regarded her carefully. Was it about her eyes? Was it about her guts? Was it because he wanted to make her happy? No, definitely it was not the last.

 

Before Yunho could offer her for meal, she spoke. “I’m sorry I can’t have dinner with you. I really need to go.” She said regretfully he couldn’t refuse her. “Thank you so much for listening. I’ll do my best to convince grandpa.”

 

Her smile was so bright when she left him. He was still looking at her back when the reality came around his sense. Oh God, now what? He was in trouble for letting the girl play with his soul.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Of course when Yuri delivered the news to her grandpa, he was so furious. She left the part about her bargain with Yunho. It would give her grandpa a fit. The last thing she needed right now was to kill another part of her family. She had been drowning into guilty for years about her parents’ death. Even if she knew it wasn’t her fault, she couldn’t help to feel it. She was to blame for her parents’ death. Yuri struggled to keep her composure.

 

“This talk never exists. Do you understand me, Yuri?”

 

Once again by some power her grandpa possessed, Yuri nodded her head. She couldn’t say no in front of him.

 

“Good. I expect more f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter