Her Muse

Yunri's Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Her muse is actually there all along.

She just hasn't realized it, yet.

 

 

Just like any other artist, a painter is also need a muse. But what will happen when their muse decided to walk away. Sadly, it happens to Kwon Yuri. The well-known painter who just happens to lost her muse, her boyfriend and her best friend, Kim Jaejoong. The beautiful man decided he had enough of his figure being exposed by the painter he had dated for two years. So he broke up with her, saying that he had given a chance to be actor and wanted to start a new life.

 

Yuri is too shock to even confront him. She stands still watching him packing his things from their share wardrobe.

 

“It’s not about you, Yul. It’s me. You know me. I’m ambitious. I can’t just be your model for your entire life.”

 

Yuri bit her lip. She can’t believe he said that. All of her paintings about him are not about dead soul in the canvas. They are showing her love for him, they way she saw him as a love in her life.

 

“Nevertheless, I’m so grateful to you. You've given me a chance.”

 

Something sharp stabs her chest over and over it hurt so bad to breathe. Has he never loved her they way she loves him? Yuri’s hands tremble on her sides. She itches to throw something in his head so he will wake up and realize that she is his future.

 

“Yul, you are talented. There will be no problem in the future for you to find other models. Everyone wants to be painted by you.”

 

He smiles at her, the kind of smile that he thought can heal her broken heart and she instantly hate him. But she stands still, eyes show nothing, face mask of vanity. She is so shattered she doesn’t know what to do.

 

“We will still be friends, won’t we?” He finishes shoving all his clothes to his big trunk and stares worriedly at her. He walks toward her with the smile he knew can instantly melt her. But instead she wants to throw up at him.

 

“I can’t just walk away without knowing we can’t be friends.” His hands cup Yuri’s cheeks. “Talk to me, baby.”

 

Tears prickle her eyes and she grits her teeth. “Go away.”

 

“Yul, I’m so sorry it doesn’t work. I try, believe me.”

 

She feels like being slapped in her face. Her cheeks burn by his touch and she shoves his chest and put a safe distance between them. “Go” She hisses.

 

“You will be fine. You are a strong woman.” He keeps continuing his ‘caring’ speech. “You will find someone else to be your muse.”

 

Breathe seems too impossible, Yuri lean into the wall. Her eyes never leave him. She can’t force herself to curse him. Her love for this man prevents her from hurting Jaejoong. Stupid heart, she thought.

 

“Alright, I think I should go now. I’m sorry if we end up like this. I hate hurting you Yul, you know that.”

 

You just did. She swallows bitterly.

 

He picks all his stuff and walks to the door. “Thanks for letting me stay here. I owe you so much. Be happy for me.”

 

First tear slides down her cheek. She will soon explode if he keeps talking.

 

“I’ll call you when I finally find a place.” Jaejoong holds the door knob.

 

“Don’t call me,” She whispers.

 

Jeajoong sighs heavily. “Anything you want. I guess good bye Yul” He opens the door.

 

“I need to ask you something.” She talks through her tight throat. Jaejoong stops and wait her patiently.

 

“Did you ever once love me?” She stares at him through her shimmering tears.

 

He stares at her for a moment. “Yes, I did. I still do Yul.”

 

Her heart is really broken. “Good bye.”

 

 

 

**********************************************

 

 

After he left, Yuri collects all of his paintings and burn them into ashes. She doesn’t need a hypocrite. Sometime at night she thought about it. She knows deep down this is her fault. She was too obsessed with Jaejoong. She becomes jealous when he hung out with his friends. It’s because she’s possessive type and Jae is hate to be controlled. He was dreaming of freedom. That was why he always refused when Yuri started to talk about marriage.

 

She cries again for the next two months. All her paintings have been abandoned for six months. The collectors have been calling her all the time, asking about their orders. And she can’t trust her self to paint because she will end up with burning the canvas. Painting is half of her soul. Strange, how could she lose her desire to paint for the first time? Her life is in absolute mess. Thankfully Jaejoong have a brain to not calling her.

 

“Get up now lazy .” Tiffany nudges her shoulder a bit strong.

 

Yuri groans her sleep being intrude. She was just having a dream about painting again.

 

“We need to take you somewhere. No wonder it’s hard to move on. Look at this mess.” Her eyes wander in disgust before shot a dirty look at Yuri tangled in sheet.

 

“I’ll go pack your clothes. All you need to do is take a bath and go grab something to eat, or we can have you eat at the first restaurant we can find since all of your food rotten in the fridge.” She pulls at her arm to sit her up. “Open your eyes or I’ll do it by force.”

 

Through groan, her eyes snap open before glaring. “You’re the worst friend ever.”

 

“You can thank me later.” Tiffany smiles sweetly before in a flash her eyes become hard. “Bath! Now!”

 

“I hate you.” Yuri swings her legs to the floor, surprised that her legs work still work properly. She walks to the bathroom reluctantly, still glaring at her friend.

 

“I love you baby.”

 

Tiffany really must to drag her stupid, idiot, snooty, broken-heart best friend inside her pink-all-over car and fastens her seat-belt to the point of Yuri molded into one with the leather seat.

 

“I can’t even breathing properly.” She whimpers.

 

“You’re tensed. Try to relax babe.”

 

Yuri wriggles her body, trying to find comfort position which is nearly impossible to find. “Where are you taking me?”

 

Tiff keeps focusing her eyes on the road. “Somewhere peaceful.”

 

Yuri’s lungs work really hard under the pressure of the seat belt. “Give me a clue.”

 

“Not a chance. You’ll try to run away.” Tiff reaches for her glasses. “Now, relax and take a nap. I’ll wake you to grab brunch.”

 

“Please.” Yuri has run out of another approach.

 

Tiff sighs dramatically. “Look, I’m doing you a favor now. All you have to do is just listen to my instructions and be a good girl. You may thank me later when you definitely get your senses back.”

 

Yuri frowns at her. Tears threaten to burst.

 

“Yuri, baby, you lived like a pig for six months. You abandoned your job, your friends and your family. I want my cheerful baby girl come back. I want you to find a reason to paint again. Painting is half of your soul, isn’t it?”

 

Yuri turns her head away from her. She hates that Tiff was right. She can’t live like this for the rest of her life. Jaejoong was everything for her once, but it doesn’t mean he will be always everything for her. Maybe they just not meant for each other. Maybe Jaejoong was only a scrape of color in her life. Maybe someday she will find her true muse.

 

“Don’t cry now. You’ve been wasting your tears for six months. I wonder why your eyes isn’t as dry as a desert.”

 

Yuri wakes up half an hour later when Tiff shakes her arm softly. “Let’s get you gain your weight. You look like a walking stick.”

 

Tiff is really into the task. She orders chicken salad, steak, apple tart, and milk shake with who knows how much calories in it. Yuri gapes at the sight in front of her. Even though the smell is really inviting, she won’t be able to shove these meals into her tummy. Not that she worry about calories. Yet, it’s been long time she really eat true meals.

 

“I don’t want these delicious meals being wasted, got that?” Tiff takes a sip of her cappuccino.

 

“You sick. You feed me like I am some starving monster.”

 

Tiff shrugs before focusing into her vogue magazine.

 

Yuri manages to clean the steak and apple tart, but the rest seems impossible. She will choke if forcing the food down with milk shake. “Give me your mineral water.”

 

Tiff raises one of her very nicely shape brows. Well yeah, Tiff is a model. She is pretty famous her self.

 

“I can’t possibly gulp down the food with milk shake, can I? Or you must be crazy if you think I can.”

 

To Yuri’s annoyance, her friend laughs merrily, attracting very unnecessary attentions from men in the restaurant. She is very aware that they both become the hotspot in the restaurant. But since Tiff is really nonchalant and she is very distracted with her own problems, they barely aware of the admiration stare.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

Tiff flips her magazine with what Yuri call graceful. Well, she is model anyway. Her every move is really worth of photo-shot.

 

“You done? Don’t want to sit for a while?”

 

“Nope.” Yuri glances around with frown in her face. “We’ve better make our escape now before it’s too late.”

 

Tiff laughs when she catching her meaning. “Good idea girl.”

 

Inside the car, Yuri dozes off after five minutes struggle to stay awake. She feels so tired suddenly, and the meals Tiff gave her are also working in making her relax.

 

“Hey,” Tiff shakes her arm softly. “We’re here. Wake up sleepy head.”

 

What Yuri had in her mind completely different from what she saw. She shakes her head several times before gaping at Tiffany. “Where are we? Don’t tell me you are isolating me.” Frantically, she searches for her phone.

 

“Seriously Yul? Do you really forget this place?”

 

Yuri freezes i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter