The Marriage Trap

Yunri's Short Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

He raked his hands through his neat hair, combed it in reckless action that sent the dark lock tousled into wild mass. In these past weeks he couldn’t keep his mind off of his new wife. A forced marriage he was trapped into seemed starting to crawl into his skull. The wild nights of passion with his wife confirmed it. Not that he regretted it, never, but the guilty when he saw Yuri’s face glow in aftermath and unspoken love crushed him. He cursed his parents for this. How dared they trap him into a mess like this?

 

Two months ago he went home with tons of work rested peacefully in his shoulders only to find his apartment full with family and close acquaintance, Kwon family. He didn’t have time to interrogate his mom as the elders order him to sit and listen carefully. He spare suspicious glance at his sister, Jessica who sat across on the kitchen table and shrugged mischievously.  Beside her, sat his sister’s forever best friend, or so she said. Her soft and concern gaze made him shift in his seat.

 

The entire tense atmosphere verified his uneasiness. They played nasty game, sacrificing both of their children to get what they wanted. But Jessica’s glowing face betrayed the elders’ serious expressions. Yuri and he had set in business marriage so that both companies would unite. And the moment they told him, he hated his parents even more, and of course himself.

 

He had known Yuri for almost the entire of his life. He knew very well her nature. And he couldn’t just smash her soft heart and tossed it aside without killing his heart. He had developed some strange fondness for his sister’s childhood friend. He regarded her as his own younger sister. And how the hell he could marry her?

 

But it did happen month after. He stood there in altar, awkward and uneasy before then rapture and dumbstruck when he saw his bride walk down the aisle with bouquet of flowers in her hand. He heard Jessica’s scowl in mock disgust. He deserved it. He never cared about the wedding preparation as long as he would be there when the ceremony held. He never knew what his bride would wear, what would she looked in wedding dress, would she nervous like him or not. And he regretted it till now. He could surely do something at least to help her. But she just gave and gave without asking back. And she smiled sweetly as if this was marriage of love when her father handed over her to him.

 

Yunho groaned while burying his face in his hands.

 

“I know what that sound means.” Changmin slipped inside without him noticing with chuckles.

 

Yunho straightened his spine and glared at the young man. “Mind your own business.” He snarled.

 

His chuckles turned into merry laugh. “You may go home now hubby. I’ll take care of the rest.”

 

The idea of going home was tempting yet terrifying. He imagined Yuri sitting in the living room waiting for him to go home. She would prepare his bath and Yunho could never keep his hands off of her. And when he finally got his desire filled, they would cuddle in the living room, him eating his dinner, she would talk about her day, and he would listen intently while her hair with his free hand.

 

“Oh come on,” Changmin rolled his eyes dramatically. “I know you crave your wife. Go home and tell her precisely why you couldn’t keep your mind off of her.”

 

Yunho snapped from his thought and growled.

 

“No harm with loving back Yunho.” His words stunned him. Yunho blinked few times as he absorbed the words.

 

“What the hell do you know about loving?” He retorted when his sense back, crushing his friend’s words without mercy.

 

Yunho made a vow he would never marry and built a family jus only for the sake of company. If his family would need an heir, then they could get it from Jessica. He would only accept great that in the next morning he could walk away without regret and fear. His childhood experiences taught him lesson to never have his own family. But it was all ruined. And there was his warm and passionate and undemanding wife. His vow scattered and he couldn’t gather all the pieces back into place. She changed everything.

 

Changmin sighed. “I only hope you can realize before everything’s too late. Just to tell you, Yuri’s worth more than the world Yunho.”

 

Yunho’s gaze slit dangerously. “Are you in some secret c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter