Chapter 9- Annoying

Change of Heart

Chapter 9-
Annoying

"Nooooo, I don't want to go to the library today! I want to hang out with youuuu~" Minchae whined. "That jerk Sungyeol. The project isn't due until 3 weeks from now! We don't have to work on it today!" The latter laughed. 

"Oh c'mon noona! There's many other times for us to hang out! Maybe this weekend or something." He smiled. "Plus think about it this way. The sooner you start it, the sooner you get to not see hyung!" 

"Hmm, I guess so.." She sighed sadly. "Well I guess I've got to run, don't want chipmunk cheeks yelling at me. I'll talk to you after my hours of hell, bye Jongiee!" She waved and ran off leaving the little boy laughing to himself while shaking his head. *Noona is so funny.*


Minchae sighed looking at the piece of paper in her hands that read 'Western Music.' *Western Music? What can we write about that?* She laid her head on the table and looked to her left. She gasped. *What a jerk! Calls me out to do the project with him and he falls asleep?! We literally just got here!*

"Yah, Lee Sungyeol." She shook him. He didn't even seem to budge. "Yah! Lee Sungyeol!" She hissed this time. After many tries, she got pissed.

"YAH! Chipmunk cheeks!" She hissed loud in his ear and kicked his shin. 

"AH!" Sungyeol woke up falling out of his chair. Minchae gaped, nearly bursting into laughter. 

"Yah, are you okay?" She asked, but didn't help him up. 

"Quiet you two! This is a library!" The librarian had walked over to them from her desk and scolded them in an angry manner. The latter both bowed and apologized.

Once the librarian left, Minchae slapped his arm. "Yah! We just got here over 20 minutes ago and you're already falling asleep?!" 

"Well I can't help it, it's so boring and quiet in the library." He shrugged. 

"Well too bad, you're supposed to be helping me research about Western Music- not napping." 

"Fine. Did you gather any useful websites or books yet?"

"No. I've been trying to wake you up the whole time, but you're such a heavy sleeper! Are you always like that?"

"Only in libraries." He cheesily smiled. She rolled her eyes and walked away.

"No, really! I'm actually a light sleeper!" Sungyeol chased after her.


"Okay, so let's look in these books for anything interesting to write about. Good thing I'm pretty sufficient in English!" Minchae pumped her fist in the air and started reading. Sungyeol just rolled his eyes and covered his face with a fat book.

"Oh! I got it! We should write about genres of Western Music and some artists in each category!" Minchae slammed her book shut upon thinking of a great idea. "Chipmunk cheeks, what do you think?" There was no response from across the table. 

"Sungyeol?" She stood up from her chair looking over his book only to see him fast asleep again. *Not again! At this rate, I'd be doing all the work!* Minchae pushed the book towards him, smacking him right in the face. 

"Woah, what?" He woke up dazed with an aching face. "Yah! Wake me up like a normal person for once!" He rubbed his red nose. 

"Well I tried that over an hour ago and that didn't seem to work." She rolled her eyes. "Anyways, I have an idea for the essay. We should talk about Western Music genres and some artists within each category. Good?" 

"Sure why not. Makes the essay longer." He snickered. 

"Great! Let's get some different books then."


"Almost got it." Minchae whispered to herself as she tried to grab a book from the very top shelf. She reached high on her tippy toes on a stool and was so close to grabbing the book. All of a sudden a long arm reached out and grabbed it for her. Minchae turned around only to see Sungyeol's face. *Chipmunk cheeks?!* Her eyes widened and she lost her balance. 

"W-woah." She said as she fell forward right into his chest. Her cheeks pinked a bit. Sungyeol caught her and had his arms wrapped around her shoulders.  

"Yah pabo kissy face, that was dangerous. I'm tall, you could've called me for help." He thwacked the back of her head and let her go. If anyone were to pass by that aisle of the library, they would've instantly thought that they were a couple. 

Minchae swiftly stole the book away from his grasp. "T-thanks.." she murmured and she looked away.

"Yeah yeah, now let's hurry up. I want to go home." He said as he started walking back to their spot. Along the way to their desk, he started a 'conversation.' 

"Did you see your face when I caught you?" He snickered. "It was so pink!" 

Minchae's cheeks pinked and she whacked his back shoulder. "Shut up. It's a natural reaction." 

"Pshh, yeah right. I bet you're falling in love with the charming 'ol me." He posed a bit and flipped his nonexistent long hair. 

"Yeah right, in your dreams. Who would fall in love with someone with chipmunk cheeks?" She scoffed.

"Uhh, pretty much every girl in school including you." 

Minchae gaped. *Yeah right, you ! Ugh! He's so annoying!*


So sleepy!~ Hehe I stayed up late just to finish this update like I promised my friend^^; Well it's 2AM now, night! /yawn -BVJL7

Subscribe & Comment!