Chapter 13- Effort

Change of Heart

Chapter 13-
Effort

It was finally the next day where Sungyeol was worried as heck wondering if she would forgive him, or at least let him talk. He breathed in and out as he walked through the crowded school halls. After calming down on his way to class, he stopped. *Wait. Why am I so worried for this girl?* He thought for a moment before he shook his head and continued walking to class. 

He finally reached the door and saw her sitting at her desk seat reading a book. His eyes widened and he quickly hid behind the wall. *Why is she so early today?!* He shook his head and took a deep breath. *Calm down, Yeol. You got this.* He pumped his fist in the air and walked into the classroom. Slowly and quietly, he sat in his seat and took out his materials needed for the class.

*C'mon! Apologize already!* He thought frantically. He panicked and accidentally knocked down some of his books from his desk to the floor, bumping his elbow into her arm in the process. He cringed upon hearing his books fall and bumping into her arm. *Smooth, Yeol.* He bitterly smiled noticing the whole class stare at his awkwardness.

"Ah, m-mian." He mumbled to her. Sungyeol quickly picked up his stuff from the floor and returned his posture. After staying quiet for a good 10 minutes thinking when he should apologize, he finally mustered up his courage. *Alright! Let's do this.*

"Min-" 

*RIIINGGGG!!* The school bell cut him off.

"Morning class, how's your projects going? Due date is next week! I'm expecting no missing essays. Now-" The teacher rambled on and on for all Sungyeol cares.  He inwardly sighed at his perfect missed chance. 

*Aiishh, pabo! Pabo!* He scolded himself.

*There's always lunch. Lunch.*


 

"Yo! Yeol!" Dongwoo exclaimed as he put his free arm over his dongsaeng's shoulder. "Did you achieve your mission yet?"

"Not yet, I was going to right now, but I can't find her."

"Oh hyung! If you're looking for Noona, you just missed her. She's at the library right now." Sungjong said as he passed by the two.

"Ah! Thanks Jongiee!" Sungyeol patted his shoulder before darting off. *I've got to do it now with all this confidence in me or else I probably won't ever be brave enough to try again.* 


 

"I think it was to help Sanghoon with math homework though... should I have told him that?" Sungjong blinked at the dino.

"Ehh, he'll be fine." Dongwoo swatted the matter away. "It's not like he likes her or anything anyway." 

"Yeah..." Sungjong laughed a bit then nodded. *I hope.*

Sungyeol walked into the school library and started searching every aisle. *Aish, where is she?! I checked every aisle and she's not here.* He ruffled his hair in frustration. *Maybe... she's at the tables or chairs doing homework.* His face brightened upon his quick thinking.

Immediately he darted to the table area. After a good 10 minutes of searching, he found her. *Ah! There she is!* She had a workbook open with a pencil out. He started walking faster with his confidence growing at each of his steps. 

...That was until he saw her with someone else. *Sanghoon...* Sungyeol sighed.

*Perfect chance... gone.* His confidence immediately faded as he stared at them being pretty close. Frowning, he walked away glumly- heading back to the cafeteria.

Everyone was laughing at the table as he walked towards them. "Hahahaha! Hyung, you're such an idiot! How could you do that to a girl?!" Hoya exclaimed as everyone laughed. 

"Oh! Yeol!" Dongwoo pointed out at the boy with his head down coming their way slowly. Everyone stopped laughing and walked over to him.

"Yah, what's wrong? Did she not forgive you?" Woohyun asked carefully. The latter shook his head. 

"She was busy helping someone else. *Sanghoon.* My perfect chance was gone." He sighed. 

"Well don't think too much about it, she's just busy. It's not like you're confessing to her or anything." Sunggyu commented. 

"But the thing was was that I had so much confidence that time, hyung. You didn't know how much I could have done it then. I kept thinking to myself I couldn't try again if I failed that time... and I did. I failed. Again." He said sadly. Everyone just stayed silent again, thinking of words to say.

 

"...For the first time in a long while, I actually genuinely feel terrible for what i've done." He whispered, but everyone heard clearly. Their eyes widened. "I don't know what it is, it could be because it's a girl, or it's because it's that girl in particular. I don't know, but I truly and deeply feel sorry and regretful for what i've done." A tear fell down his face and onto his lap.

"...and I want to change this right now. I need to apologize." He wiped his tears.

 


HOOOLLLLLYY SHIZZCAKES what did I just write LOL I cud be crying right now cuz those last lines are just asdfghjkl; LOL

Anyways, thank you lovelyme23 for making this LOVELY poster for my story! I will definitely be using this now and then as my poster<3 I love it! Thank you so much! I appreciate it<3- BVJL7

Subscribe & Comment!