Chapter 5- "Bonding"

Change of Heart

Chapter 5-
"Bonding"

"Okay class, today we are switching up the seats! These seats will be your temporary seats until I want to change them. We are going to raffle off the number of seats just like last time, got it?" 

"Deh!!" The class responded.

"Okay, gather your belongings and gather in a single file line in order to raffle your seating number." Mrs. Jung ordered as everyone followed suit.

After raffling off all the seats, Mrs. Jung started calling up the names for the first couple seats. "5!"

"Chae! What number did you get?!" Chanmi excitedly asked.

"Number 24, you?" Minchae answered back.

"Awww, number 18. Darn, I was hoping you for my seat partner." She pouted.


"YOU?!" Both of them pointed at each other and exclaimed.

"Mrs. Jung! May I request a seating change?" Minchae yelled across the class while raising her hand.

"You may not. Get along with your seatmate, you'll be with him for a couple months, if not possible the rest of the year."  

Both of their jaws dropped.

*Are you kidding me?!* Sungyeol thought.


"Woah, what's got the little choding's buttons today?" Dongwoo laughed. Sungyeol wouldn't speak.

"Hyung got seated next to Minchae noona today." Sungjong explained. "Stop being a sour puss about it! She's a really nice girl when you get to know her!" He slapped his hyung's shoulder.

"Nice?! She is as rude as a ! How dare you fraternize with the enemy." Sungyeol pointed his finger at him in a scolding manner. 

Everyone shook their heads. "Sungyeol, you're overreacting." Woohyun stated. 

"No. She is the enemy. She is not to be friends with. Got it, maknae?!" 

Sungjong just shook his head in response. *Hyung's really weird.* 


"Hi Minchae noona!" Sungjong jumped from behind.

"Hi... Sungjong-ssi..?" She asked confused. 

"Noona! Let's be friends!" 

"Friends? Wouldn't your 'hyung' be mad at you?" She said carefully.

"Pshh, who cares what Yeol hyung says, I want to be friends with you! Ever since I've first seen you I've wanted to be beeeesst friends with you!" Sungjong couldn't stop jumping.

Minchae laughed. "Okay, Sungjong-ssi."

"No formalities noona! Just call me Sungjong!" The latter nodded in response.

Sungjong kept sparking a new topic as they walked through the halls afterschool. 

Thus started a new friendship.