Chapter 18- Deciding Not to...

Change of Heart

Chapter 18-
Deciding Not to...

Sungjong gave a small smile at the two bickering cuties during lunch while the others chatted amongst themselves.

"-his eyes scared me so much I jumped back and fell on Gyu hyung! That was the most terrifying moment of my life."

"What? Myung's eyes?"

"No, falling on Gyu hyung and having to see his face so close." Hoya shivered. "YAH!" Sunggyu slapped Hoya's shoulder and everyone laughed. Dongwoo's laugh resonated throughout the whole cafeteria. Woohyun turned his head to the right to check up on the maknae and found him giving a small sadistic smile at the couple who were bickering their way throughout lunch again. He gave Sungjong a pat on the shoulder and whispered in his ear.

"Hey, you okay? What happened?" Sungjong shook his head a little telling him to not ask now. He leaned into the tree's ear and said in a soft, yet broken way,"I'll tell you later."

Woohyun looked at him worriedly and sighed. Finally he nodded his head and mouthed 'after school'. 

 


 

"So, what happened?" Woohyun and Sungjong were at the back of the school's main building, sitting by the grass.

Sungjong sighed. "I decided that I shouldn't tell Noona anymore. She seems so happy bickering with hyung, and yesterday she told me I was her dongsaeng." *She only see's me as a dongsaeng.* "You hung out with her yesterday?" 

He nodded. "Yeah, I was going to tell her then, but I chickened out. We had fun though, and at the end of the day, I got friend zoned.." 

Woohyun laughed a little,"Aigoo, getting friend zoned hurts, huh? Don't worry, you're not alone. I know how it feels." He patted the area of his chest where his heart was. "You do? Since when?" Sungjong questioned.

"It was probably..." Woohyun thought for a moment,"3 years ago in our third year of middle school. I was crazy for my only girl best friend, and I just hid it from you guys, except Gyu hyung." Sungjong nodded for him to continue. "Well, I was going to finally confess to her one day when, she friend zoned me. Telling me 'I was the bestest friend she could ever have.' Then she said she'd tell me a secret. Guess what it was."

Sungjong shook his head. "Just continue."

"She told me Woryung confessed to her." Woohyun scoffed,"I had a feeling that she wouldn't end up with me since the start of that day, but... that bastard. I didn't know it would hurt so much.." His voice faded a little. He suddenly stood up. "Well that wasn't the point. The point was was that I know the feeling and I can relate. Jongiee, you okay?" He held out his hand. Sungjong took it and stood up. "Yeah I'm fine hyung, I just guess Noona isn't the one for me." He puffed out his cheeks and sighed. 

"Jongiee is so strong now!" Woohyun exclaimed and gave him a comforting hug. "It's okay Jongiee, you'll be fine. Hey, at least you're back at the loner's club with the rest of your hyungs but Yeol." He laughed.

*Thanks hyung..* Sungjong closed his eyes and embraced his hyung. A tear fell out his eye. *I hope hyung treats you well, noona.* He smiled.