Chapter 26- Just the Beginning

Change of Heart

Chapter 26-

Just the Beginning

A year elapsed in a flash and it was time for graduation day. The ceremony was unfortunately held in the morning this year instead of the afternoon, so everyone was groggy and yawning in their formal attire and graduation gowns. 

Dongwoo yawned and leaned on Sunggyu's shoulder. "Agh, why does it have to be so early in the morning? Our graduation last year was in the afternoon." Sunggyu smiled at Dongwoo's cuteness and patted his head. "I feel you." 

"Oh! There they are!" Woohyun pointed out as he saw Minchae and Sungyeol along with the others following close behind. "Minchae-ah!" Woohyun smiled and ran towards the group of soon to be graduates.

Sunggyu, Dongwoo, and Woohyun had graduated last year while this year Minchae, Sungyeol, Hoya, Myungsoo, and Sungjong were graduating. "Oppa!" Minchae exclaimed and ran out of Sungyeol's arms, making him pout. Woohyun and Minchae have become closer and it annoys Sungyeol to the edge. "Kids! It's been a long time! I've missed you guys." Sunggyu yelled with Dongwoo still clinging onto him. 

"Psh, yeah right. I'm sure you've been out every night enjoying your freedom." Myungsoo stated, Hoya nodding his head in agreement. Sunggyu just scoffed. He started bickering with Myungsoo and Hoya while Woohyun chatted with Minchae, and Sungyeol trying to grab her attention. Sungjong pouted left out and walked over to the audience in search of his girl. 

"Jongie Oppa!" A girl squealed and ran over to him, making Sungjong smile. "Yeona!" He welcomed her into a loving embrace.

"Congratulations, Oppa! I'm going to miss you." She pouted. Yeona was the same age as Sungjong, but since Sungjong skipped a grade back in his earlier years, he was graduating with Sungyeol and the others while Yeona still had Senior Year to go. Sungjong smiled at her words,"Don't worry I'll come by every Friday and pick you up." 

"Promise?" She looked into his eyes. Sungjong gave her a peck on the lips. "Does that answer your question?" Yeona blushed a bit and smiled, nodding.

"I love you, Oppa."

"I love you too, Yeona."

Back with Woohyun and Minchae, they grew closer due to finding out that they had similar likings. "Did you watch last night's episode?" 

"Oh my gosh! It was such a twister! How could she do that to him?! I swear-"

It was kdramas. 

"Love, hey can we talk for a bit?" Sungyeol poked her shoulder. 

She shrugged him off,"Not right now, Yeollie." 

"I swear, I could have slapped him right there-"

"But love, it's important." He spoke with his chubby cheeks. Minchae sighed. "Fine. Woohyun, I'll catch up with you later." She smiled and followed Sungyeol.

Woohyun smirked once they left him alone. Pissing Sungyeol off was the best. *I've got to get myself a life.* He sighed, shaking his head.

"What is it that you want, Yeol?" Minchae asked with a stern and annoyed face as he took her to an empty and private space behind a building. Sungyeol just smiled sheepishly.

"Nothing really. I just wanted private time with my baby~" He slipped his arm around her waist. Minchae softened and sighed, hugging his waist. They stayed like that for a while.

"You know I hate it when Woohyun grabs your attention. You've been getting closer to him lately." Sungyeol said with jealousy. 

Minchae giggled. "You know I only look at you." 

"I know, but I have a feeling he's talking to you more to piss me off." Sungyeol's voice had a hint of mischief in it that Minchae noticed. 

"Don't tell me you planned something on him." She pulled back and looked at him questioningly. Sungyeol scratched the back of his neck. "Well~ Not really planned, more like set up?"  Minchae sighed. 

"What did you do this time?" Sungyeol just waved it off without worries. "Nothing harmful at least." 

Minchae laughed and wrapped her arms around him, "You and your pranks, Lee Sungyeol." 

"You know you love it." He said in a raspy voice, kissing her hair and smelling her shampoo he loved. Minchae scoffed.

"Grow up."

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I be proud to announce your Class of ----!" Sungyeol's father, the headmaster of the school, announced with a smile. "Congratulations, you guys made it." 

Everyone threw their caps in the air and yelled in celebration. 

"Smile, guys!" The cameraman yelled. "Hey, you! No bunny ears allowed!" Everyone laughed at the choding as Sungyeol pouted and put his hand away from behind Woohyun's head. He snapped the picture and everyone smiled. 

The whole gang was gathered chatting together in front of the school after the graduation ceremony when Sungyeol called for attention. "Guys! Can I have your attention? I have an announcement to make." Everyone in the gang quieted down. Yeona was in Sungjong's arms, smiling. She knew what was to come.

Sungyeol faced Minchae and fished something from his pocket. "Minchae-ah, I have to ask you something." 

He pulled out a little jewelry box and opened it for her to see. In the middle of the ring pillow, was a simple and elegant engraved silver band ring with a green gem in the middle. It was a promise ring.

"Will you, Choi Minchae, promise me that you'll marry me in the future?" He asked with his angelic smile as he leaned on one knee. 

Everyone around them cheered and whooped waiting for her response. Tears were already welling up in Minchae's eyes. 

Minchae took the box from him, closed it, and clutched it in her hand. She didn't want it to get dented. She thwacked the back of Sungyeol's head harshly before staring at him then tackling him in an embrace. "Ouch! Yah! I asked you something nice, and I get a hit in return?!"

"Pabo, you knew that I would say yes if you asked for a hand in marriage. Why did you have to give me a promise ring?" She muttered in his ear softly. A tear fell down her cheek.

Sungyeol's smiled widened as he wrapped his arms around her. "I just wanted everyone, including Woohyun, to know that you were mine. So I take that as a yes?" She nodded.

"Yes." She pulled back a little to capture his lips in a loving kiss. 

Everyone cheered and congratulated the two as they both kept in each other's embrace. It wasn't a proposal, but it was still something romantic. "Congratz, Unnie!" Yeona yelled from Sungjong's embrace. 

This was just the beginning to an undenying love. 

 


And just like that, I have finished Change of Heart, my very FIRST solo chaptered fic! Omg, I can't thank my 9 subscribers enough. Especially lovelyme23, Chae_Jessie, flyingpinkllamas, Jimmin, and choding_yeol27! Your supportive (and hilarious) comments are loved. Thanks for being some awesome readers!

WELL, I am planning another story! I have a plot, but a name and a main is needed still>.> 

I'll be shamelessly advertising the new fic here when I have it all sorted out hehe~ 

Check out my other story I've been writing lately:

Contentedness

Also my challenge:

∞ 100 INFINITE Fic Challenge ∞

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Thanks for reading and see you in my coming up story!~ (That is IF you choose to read it. Please do. ;A;)

-With love ~BVJL7 <3