Chapter 8- Project?!

Change of Heart

Chapter 8-
Project?!

"Okay class as you've probably heard we are starting a new project today." Mr. Song announced. Everyone in the class groaned. "Quiet. It is a research essay and you will be partnered into pairs. Once you are paired up, one of you will pick out of this box to find out what you and your partner will be researching about. Since this project is truly to help enhance your researching skills, the topics in this box are random." Whispers started emitting throughout the classroom.

"Quiet!" The teacher slapped his hand on the desk. "Keep this up and you won't be able to choose partners!"

"Geez, what's up with Mr. Song today? It's like someone put a crab in his pants." Minchae rolled her eyes. 

"Pshh, more like someone put a crab in his shirt." Sungyeol smirked. Minchae's eyes widened. 

"You did that?! How could you?! More like.. how did you.." she muttered the ending. The latter laughed in response. 

"Relax. I didn't put a crab in his shirt. I was joking." Minchae sighed. 

"More like in his office desk." He snickered. She slapped his shoulder in response. 

"THAT'S IT. No more picking partners choice for this class!"  Mr. Song exclaimed pissed as ever. Everyone quieted down in an instant. The teacher cleared his throat. "Now, as I was saying this project is 50% of your grade. It is really important so do well."

Everyone groaned again. "No complaining class! Or else detention for all of you. Since you are my first class with no choice of picking partners, I have just decided your partners will be those whom you are sharing your desks with as of this moment." 

Sungyeol and Minchae's eyes widened. "WHAT?!" They both rose up from their seats, slamming their palms onto the desk in unison. 

"Is there a problem, Miss Choi, Mr. Lee Sungyeol?" Once the teacher turned his face to Sungyeol, his face changed from questionable to menacing glare. 

"N-no Songsaengnim." Minchae muttered sitting back down. Seeing Sungyeol still up glaring at the teacher, she tugged on his arm and hissed, "Sit down!" 

*Sitting next to him in class is enough, but a project?! Life hates me!*


It was now lunch at the Infinite table. "Noona! Want to hang out with me at the mall after school today?" Sungjong was jumping around like a little boy. Minchae laughed. 

"Sure, I don't have much to do after school today anyways."

"Uhh, yeah you do." Sungyeol interrupted. Everyone had confused looks.

"Woah, Yeollie finally falling for her looks?" Woohyun raised his eyebrows up and down and patted his shoulder. "It's okay, you're not alone. I know how you feel." He said, putting his hand over his chest. 

Sungyeol slapped his hyung's face in rejection. "Eww hell no." He made a grimace in disgust. "We were assigned as partners in the research project. And we better start working on it as soon as possible. It's perfect since you said you're not doing anything today."

Minchae groaned. *This .* She rolled her eyes. "Sorry Sungjong, I guess since chipmunk cheeks wants to work on the project today, I can't come. Maybe next time?" 

Sungjong just shrugged it off. "Sure Noona, it's okay." He smiled. 

"Good. Meet me at the library after school today." Sungyeol grinned in delight, glad he ruined her plans with Sungjong. 

"Wait. What's up with the chipmunk cheeks, kissy face?!" Another argument erupted and everyone around them laughed at their cuteness.