Chapter 4- It's On

Change of Heart

Chapter 4-
It's On

"Hey Minchae." 

"Hi Chanmi. Anything new?" Minchae asked.

"Actually, yeah. Everyone is talking about you because you talked back to the headmaster's son. You've become like the talk of the school!" Chanmi exclaimed.

"What? Is that a bad thing?" 

"Sort of both. The guys like your fierce and brave attitude while the girls are jealous that Sungyeol is giving you all his attention."

"So I have a hoard of angry fangirls ready to murder me and a bunch of boys ready to worship me? Great. Just what I needed in life." She lazily pumped her fist in the air. Chanmi just laughed and patted Minchae's shoulder.

 


The bell rang signaling the warning bell for the start of class. In the classroom, Sungyeol was chatting at his desk with Myungsoo and Sungjong. "Hyung, do you really think that you should be really targeting her for your pranks? Isn't that a little harsh?" Sungjong cautiously asked as he stared at a desk across the room.

"Yeah hyung, c'mon I mean she's a girl. Not to mention the transfer student. You're making her first experiences in Woolim High hell." Myungsoo backed. 

"She was the one that sparked my hatred towards her. She's officially my enemy and I will win against her no matter what." The other two just shook their heads. This boy was being crazy and they couldn't do anything about it. 

All of a sudden Minchae stormed over to Sungyeol's desk. "What is the meaning of this?!" She yelled as she pointed at her desk.

"What?" Sungyeol asked innocently. "Oh that? I just thought your desk needed a liiiiittle makeover." He smiled smugly. 

"Well gee, thanks." Minchae said dreadingly.  

"You do know how many post-its you just wasted, right?" Sungjong asked from behind their conversation.

"Oh I know, that's why I put little messages on all of them." He replied, smirking. "I would never waste paper."

Minchae grew curious and picked a yellow post-it up from her colorful post-it covered desk. Her eyes widened upon reading what was written.

"LEE SUNGYEOL!" Minchae fumed with anger.


"Settle down class! Settle down!" Mrs. Jung guided as she walked into the classroom. "So today in class we will have a little arithematic competition. Girls against boys! Winning gender recieves a free homework pass."

Instantly after the teacher said that, Sungyeol and Minchae glared at each other's souls. *Oh it's on, Lee Sungyeol. I'm not letting you beat me.* 

"You will pick a number from this box and that is the order in your group of when you will go up to answer the math problem. Got it?"

"Deh!" Everyone answered. All the girls picked from a pink box, while the boys had a blue one. 

"What number did you get, Minchae?" Chanmi asked. 

"14." She answered back.

"Looks like we'll be competing with each other. What a coincidence." Sungyeol smirked as he showed her his strip of paper that wrote the number 14. Minchae smirked back. *Lucky me. I get to whoop his in front of the whole class.*

"Just wait and see, my team will win."

"Oh let's see about that. I'm not backing down." Minchae stated upon finding a new source of energy after hearing that statement. 

"Okay! First ones up!" Mrs. Jung called as she wrote the question on the blackboard on each side. "We will start off with middle school math to see how well you can remember."

As the competition continued on, the competitiveness between Sungyeol and Minchae grew. Everyone could see the tension in the air. Every question they did was correct. Over 30 minutes into the game and not one single wrong answer from the both of them. The girls and boys both had an even score of 47. "Okay class, this is the last problem! Number 14 come up, this question's worth over 3 points. It is a Algebra II problem." Mrs. Jung explained. "This will be the tie breaker of the game."

Sungyeol and Minchae glared at each other as they walked up to the front of the class. *C'mon Minchae, you got this. Fighting!*

After some hard thinking, both of them struggled but finally found an answer to the problem. "Done!" Both of them exclaimed at the same time only resulting in a glare contest. 

"Okay, break it up you two. Let's see who is correct." The class was filled with tension, waiting to know who was the winner. 

"The game has ended and the winner is... it's a tie! Good job class! You did well!"

"WHAT?!!" Both Sungyeol and Minchae exclaimed in protest.

"Mrs. Jung, we both had different answers though!" It was now after class and Sungyeol and Minchae were still bothered by the results.

"That is true, but this question wasn't very specific if you didn't notice, thus resulting in this question to have various answers. You both got one of those answers. Good job! You two are my best pupils in class. Keep it up!" Mrs. Jung praised as she walked out of the classroom.

Sungyeol and Minchae looked each other with 'Are you kidding me?' looks. 

"This isn't over." Sungyeol said as he walked off.