Chapter 8

Sweet? Normal?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a new day and Jongup was still snoring lightly on his bed. There was a slight buzzing noise on his bed stand. It stopped after a while as Jongup continued to sleep but it started to vibrate once more. He shifted on his bed and he grasped his phone and brought it to his ear. “Yoboseyo?” he mumbled.

“Yah! Are you still sleeping Jongup-ah? What do you mean yoboseyo?” a voice shouted from the other end.

Jongup’s eyes snapped open as he sat up straight in his bed, “Youngjae hyung? Why are you calling?”

There was some grappling as his hyung did not answer right away, “Yoboseyo? Jongup-ah,” a different much quieter voice answered. “Did you forget we were going to play soccer this morning?” Someone was being quite loud in the background.

Realization flashed across Jongup’s face as his eyes lit up before worry etched in, “Ahh, I’m sorry hyung. I slept through my alarm,” he said sheepishly getting up from his bed.

Yongguk assured him, “Don’t worry. We’re just waiting for you so we can split the teams equally.”

“I’ll be there in ten minutes hyung,” Jongup started to grab his clothes from inside one of his drawers.

“Take your time Jongup-ah okay? I’ll tell the others you’ll be here in a while.”

As his hyung said this, Jongup reached within his closet to grab his cleats and stuffed them in a bag. “Okay. Bye hyung,” he waited until his hyung hung up before he also threw his phone in the bag. He quickly changed and was stuffing his feet into his shoes as he headed to the kitchen.

“What are you doing up so early?” his mother asked surprised. She looked at the clock, “At seven in the morning and on a Sunday?”

He quickly sat down at the table and placed his bag down beside his foot. “I’m going to play soccer with my friends.” He grabbed his chopsticks and first placed kimchi on his plate before aiming for other side dishes.

“What’s the rush Jongup-ah?” his mother placed the rice on the table just as her son reached for it. “Is it Kana-ah?”

Jongup blushed at his mother’s last question, “Omma! I’m serious, my hyungs are waiting for me.”

His mom smiled at him, “Arasso, arasso.” He stuffed as much food as he could in his mouth and finished within a few minutes. “You’re going to get a stomach ache later you know and who are you going to whine to? Me? Or Kana-ah?” The last part she smiled knowingly. Jongup coughed a little. “So is that what you’re planning on doing to grab my future daughter-in-law’s attention? My scheming son,” she laughed.

“Omma!” he whined.

“Oh, you know I’m just joking my Jongup-ah,” she waved him away. “You better leave now if your friends are waiting for you.”

He headed to the refrigerator with his bag around his shoulder and grabbed a bottle of water from inside it. He then waved to his mother from the back door. He jogged to the field he and his friends used to play soccer in. Jongup arrived just in time to see Himchan kick the ball out into the field. His hyung turned to Zelo and watched as the maknae ran after the ball and kicked it back to Himchan. Yongguk was holding his phone and glancing around every once in a while.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter