Chapter 13

Sweet? Normal?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So are they going to meet at your dance studio?” you asked.

Jongup just shrugged, “I guess so.” He hadn’t really talked that much since the two of you had left his house after saying your goodbyes to his mother. You were both just walking along the road like you always did but you weren’t really touching at all. You figured he was in a bad mood since you basically forced him to take you with him. You let him have his space now but you guessed he would start to get possessive once you got there.

Your shoulders brushed each other at that moment. That contact cleared your head a little. His silence made you feel a little unwanted at the moment and his lack of affection toward you only increased the feelings inside you. You made up your mind to get out of the situation  and quickly came up with a plan. “I can’t believe I completely forgot,” you exclaimed freezing, widening your eyes in realization and looked at your boyfriend who also came to a stop. “We have a lab report due in a few days.” You hoped he would believe acting.

He looked at you for a few seconds, contemplating what you just said, “Really?”

An annoyed expression came across your face, “You don’t remember?”

Jongup turned away from you, “I don’t recall one?”

You shook your head at him, “Well I do, so I think I’ll just go home then.” You started walking backwards away from him muttering loud enough for him to hear you, “Pabo Kana, I can’t believe you forgot.” You hit yourself on the head theatrically. You thought maybe you were taking your act a little too far and really hit your head hard.

“But what about coming to my practice?” He took a few steps back to you, grabbing the hand that was about to hit yourself again. 

You lowered the hand he held, “I’ll just come another time,” your answer was simple.

“Really? After all of your threats to make me take you there today?” he questioned. “You’re giving up?”

“School work is just as important,” you asserted. “Besides, I don’t think I’m doing too well in that class at the moment. So I should do it now while I still have a lot of time to make sure it’s perfect.” You thought of the odd conversation you two were having. Well it wasn’t really odd but you weren’t really lying to him. A lab report was due this week but you already finished it a few days ago. You hoped you hadn’t told him this small detail.

Your boyfriend took a glance over his shoulder where his friends must have been waiting, “Well then,” he scratched his head, “Do you want to say hi to my hyungs and Zelo before you leave?”

At his question you gave a small smile, “Not right now, they’re probably tired of me by now.”

Your comment caught him by surprise, “They’re not tired of you!” you leaned back a little at his raised voice. “They ask about you nowadays,” he said in a more subdued voice letting out an apologetic smile.

“And how do you answer?” you tilted your head to the side but your bangs covered one of your eyes. You focused on the offending hair and tried to blow them away, taking your attention away from the conversation.

He chuckled and reached up to push your hair away for you, “I just say you’re doing fine,” he let his hand linger close to your face before trailing a finger down your forehead to your chin. “Then one of my hyungs makes some kind of erted comment,” his cheeks tinged pink, “And me, Yongguk hyung, or Zelo-ah hit who ever said it.”

“Wait,” you looked at him in the eyes as he took a step closer to you but his eyes were following the path his fingers made. “You actually hit one of your hyungs?” you asked, reveling in the feeling his hands on your face evict inside of you. “My Jongie is turning into a bad boy,” his cheeks only got darker in color.

“I didn’t hit them hard,” his voice was quiet, “Only enough so they don’t say anything more.”

You pinched his cheeks and he didn’t bother pulling away, “Well then you should go now then. You’ll tell your friends I said hi to them won’t you?” You released his cheeks and got on your toes to kiss each of them where you had squeezed the skin. Jongup’s returning smile warmed you up as he leaned down to peck your cheeks too.

“I will Kana.” He looked over his shoulder and suddenly reached into his pocket pulling out his phone most likely checking for any messages from his friends. You liked being in his presence so you decided to stay with him a little while longer.

Seeing the wallpaper on his phone made you smile as you remembered when you had taken that particular photo. In the picture, you were wrapped up in each other’s arms in a cheesy pose with the whole cliché background that consisted of the setting sun. You made him keep that picture even though you knew it embarrassed him at times so as a result, he rarely takes out his phone when there are people around.

The two of you stood there as he searched through his phone and you let the wind blow your hair around. “Jongup-ah!” a voice shouted across the street. Your hair got in your way as you tried to see who was calling for your boyfriend. Jongup must have noticed your struggles since you felt his hand smooth down your hair and tuck them behind your ears. “Yah! Quit showing off your relationship!” the voice sounded familiar and you looked over in the direction it was coming from. It was Sehun with Tao bes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter