Chapter 23

Sweet? Normal?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time you and Jongup got back to his friends, the first round already started and you could only see Jaehyo’s head over the crowd. Knowing them, they kept their choreo simple so that it wasn’t strenuous on their ‘perfect’ bodies and used their charisma to their advantage. Nothing new.

“Your friends are on Kana-ssi,” Youngjae pointed where the dance floor was.

“So I’ve heard,” you sighed with a roll of your eyes.

“Ehh?” Himchan looked at you closely and Jongup lightly pushed him away from you, “What happened? We left you alone for only a minute. What happened during that time?”

Youngjae was the first to answer him, “Anything can happen in a minute hyung.”

Himchan gave him a look, and then scoffed, “A minute is too short of a time for something to happen. That’s exactly sixty seconds!”

As Youngjae gave a sarcastic reply back Yongguk signaled the rest of you to move away from them and then pointed toward the packed area where a swarm of bodies crowded around the dance floor. He moved away from them and the rest of you followed them while Himchan and Youngjae argued. They wordlessly followed you all but still continued their exchanges of remarks. Yongguk found a spot with a fairly good view of the ongoing battle but you saw Seohyun through the crowd standing by herself. You stopped walking, effectively pulling Jongup to a spot as well.

“What Kana?” he had a puzzled look on his face as he looked at you then looked at the back of his friend’s figures as they kept moving.

“I want to stand by Seohyun unnie,” you pointed to where you saw her just as someone pushed into you from the side. The boy bowed his head in apology before moving away. Jongup was glaring at him and you tugged at his hands to bring his attention back to you. “You can stay with your friends but I want to spend more time with unnie.” You had to kind of raise your voice toward the end as the crowd broke out in a cheer and you sent a brief glance toward the center of the commotion before facing Jongup again.

“Okay, but come find me before it’s our turn to go on. Okay?” you nodded then reached up to peck his cheek before unlacing your fingers from his.

“I’ll see you then.” You both went your separate ways and you had to alter your course many times thanks to the packed bodies. Finally you saw Seohyun, “Unnie!” She didn’t turn to you but kept her eyes in front of her. You yelled out again, “Unnie!” this time you got her attention and she smiled at you before waving you toward her.

“Kana-ya!” she looked surprised before her face settled in its usual expression. “Where’s Jongup-ah?” she looked over your shoulder as if expecting him to pop up behind you.

You shrugged, “He’s with his friends.”

She only nodded before she smiled and pulled you closer to her, “This group is pretty good,” she stood on her tiptoes and then pointed to one side of the dance floor. You tried looking at where she pointed but didn’t get a good look but caught the messy top of someone’s head. “I don’t recognize this group so they must be new.”

You laughed and she sent a questioning look at you. “It’s just that there’s so many new groups lately that it makes me feel old.”

She laughed along with you before nodding in agreement, “I noticed that too.” You both lightheartedly laughed together before the DJ’s voice cut through the crowd as the music faded away.

“And that ends the first battle of the night with even more exciting ones to come!” There was a pause which the audience filled up with noise of their own. “And we have a winner! Block B!” You suddenly saw Jaehyo’s head over the crowd as he jumped in glee and P.O.’s hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter