Chapter 18

Sweet? Normal?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kana! Kana! Kana!” a weirdly high pitch deep voice echoed around in your room. You looked up from the homework you were trying to finish for the past hour. It was Friday and you wanted to get all of your homework out of the way since the next round of the dance competition was this weekend. You picked up your phone with a smile as you listened to your new ringtone. It took a lot of kisses and aegyo to get Jongup to record this one but you succeeded in the end.

You answered the call as soon as you saw the name on the screen, “Yoboseyo?”

“Kana, did you want me to pick you up like last time?” your boyfriend’s voice asked across the line.

“Mmmmm yes.” You twirled your pencil around while staring at the problem you were on.

“It starts at nine so I’ll come by around 8:30. Okay?”

You nodded forgetting you were on the phone with him. “Oh, okay then. Sounds good.” You stared intently at the problem trying to recall how to solve it.

“…Are you okay Kana?”

His voice sounded a little worried and brought your attention back to your conversation with him. “Huh? Oh no, sorry I’m just trying to finish my homework.” You leaned back in your chair, cracking your back in the process. “Oww.”

“Kana! What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, nothing, it’s fine.” You stood up and leaned against your bed. You heard some thumping sounds in the background. “What’s going on?”

“I can’t find my shoes!” you pulled the phone away from your ear at his yelling.

“Jongie?” You could still some rustling on the other end. “Jongie?” you tried again but he didn’t answer. “Oppaaaaa!” you practically screamed into the phone.

“Wae? Did something happen? What’s wrong? Aish where’s my shoe?”

“Yah, Moon Jongup I’m okay. My back just cracked okay?”

It was quiet before you heard him sigh. “Sorry I was worried there for a moment.”

“Really though it’s all right.” A silence crept up as you heard his breathing slow down and it made you smile because it how much he cared about you. “So what are you going to do today?”

“Uhh Yongguk hyung called in a last minute practice to make sure everything is perfect.” His breathing was back to normal. “How about you?”

“I’m almost done with my homework so after that I think I’m going to just stay home and do nothing.” You looked around your room and then out your window which was above your desk.

You heard him laugh a little, “That’s the most unproductive thing I’ve heard you say.”

“At least I’m getting some work in,” you replied.

“Then did you want to come with me to practice? I think it would be good if you could look over our choreo before tomorrow.” He sounded a little hopeful.

“I want to be surprised tomorrow though,” you sat back in your chair and avoided looking at your homework.

“Fine then, can I come over now?”

“I thought you said you had practice?”

“That’s until 7 this evening and it’s 12 now.”

You looked at the clock and thought about it for a moment, “Only if you bring your homework.”

“Wae?” you heard his whining voice.

“What do you mean wae? And besides my mom is here today so you have to have a reason to come over.”

It was silent on the other end. “Arasso I’ll come over with my homework then.”

“I’ll be waiting then,” you looked out the window again.

“You won’t have to wait long.” In the background you could hear him moving around. “Okay then, I’m leaving now.”

“Moon Jongup where are you going?” you heard his mom ask.

When Jongup answered it was a little muffled so you could t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter