Chapter 7

Sweet? Normal?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After grabbing your things from the place you checked them in, you and Jongup walked under the streetlights. Like always you walked on the sidewalk and he was on the road. You decided to start talking, “Your friends are very…” you paused as Jongup took your hand as you two walked away from the pounding music. “Interesting,” you finished. You passed the bus stop you usually took but knew there was another one not too far from here.

He laughed, “That’s one way to describe them.” Once his laughter died down, he continued, “It took me a while to get used to them, especially Daehyun hyung and Youngjae hyung.”

“So where are you in the group?” he gave you a puzzled look. “I mean by age.”

His eyes showed his understanding, “Yongguk hyung and Himchan hyung are both the same age but Yongguk hyung is the oldest by three weeks. Daehyun hyung is the next oldest followed by Youngjae hyung and then me. Zelo-ah is the maknae as you saw tonight.”

You nodded. All of Jongup’s friends looked out for one another but they seem to especially baby Zelo. “You guys haven’t been together long and you already seem more than friends,” you started off serious but you wanted to see him flustered. “Should I be worried Jongie?” you asked slyly.

His eyes snapped to you from the sign he was reading just a few seconds ago, “Yah!” As a result of his yell a dog started to bark in the distance.

“Wae? Why so defensive?” you widened your eyes, “So it’s true?”

“Of course not!” by then you guys had stopped walking. You now stood in the small space between two of the streetlights.

You started to laugh at his reaction, “I’m just kidding Jongie,” you said as you started to walk again with the dog’s barking coming to an end.

“That’s not funny Kana,” he said as he let you walk with his hand still in yours but he stood in place. He let you get as far as his arms could allow with your hands still connected. You looked behind you as you tugged his hand. When he didn’t move you tilted your head in confusion silently asking him about his behavior. You looked into his eyes and you became worried you took your teasing too far. He was in the darkness but you could make out his features despite the dim lighting. He seemed to be thinking and you made your way back to him so you could get a closer look.

You now stood directly in front of him, “What’s wrong?” you whispered, apprehension in your voice.

He shrugged and started to walk. This time it was you who stood in place.

He looked back at you and sighed, “I just thought about all of those guys back at the club.”

“What guys?”

“The one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter