Chapter 20

Sweet? Normal?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You walked hand in hand to the entrance. There was a feeling excitement in you that continued to grow inside you and you there was a noticeable spring in your step. The bus ride and what happened at the bus stop had put you in a good mood.

Jongup smiled at you and you kicked a rock. Other people were making their way to the same destination as you two from different directions. You looked up at the sky and noticed the darker tinge at one side. “It’s almost time.” Jongup continued walking and you blindly followed him as you still looked up.

The bouncer quickly let you two by with a nod and like before, you checked in your stuff as you idly chatted to the familiar lady. She frowned when Jongup didn’t let her take his jacket and you explained it was a part of his stage wear. She nodded in understanding and both of you were on your way. It was a little warm inside and Jongup slipped off his jacket. Despite the humid air, you took his jacket and put it on. He automatically began to help you put it on but his hands wandered. You slapped his hand but it remained where it was at.

“It’s a little different today,” you remarked to your boyfriend trying to change where his mind was drifting off to. You weren’t lying though as you took in the flashing lights  that seemed brighter and the walls were covered with a fresh layer of spray paint.

He looked around, “Really? I can’t tell.” His hand slipped around your waist while the other pulled his jacket closer around your body.

You bumped your shoulder into his playfully and tried to look for his friends but caught a pair of eyes. “Seohyun unnie?” you couldn’t help but exclaim in shock. A similar shocked expression was on her face and the next thing you know; you two were hugging each other.

“Kana! It’s been so long!” she said into your ear and you blew away the strands of her hair that were in your face.

“It’s good to see you too unnie,” you both pulled back from each other. You felt Jongup’s presence behind you and he reclaimed your hand.

“Awww you two are still so cute,” she gushed to you as she smiled widely.

“Seohyun noona,” Jongup bowed to her as he returned her smile with one of his shy ones.

“Ehhh, what did I say about bowing to me last time I saw you?” She playfully glared at him but bowed back to him nonetheless.

Your “He can’t help it,” coincided with Jongup’s “I can’t help it.” You both smiled at each other

“Kyaa!” Seohyun squealed with her smile still on full beam. “I need to get a boyfriend too.” Just then someone pushed slightly pushed you from behind. The guy bowed to you in apology and Jongup pulled you closer to him. Somehow you three had either drifted toward the dance floor or the crowd had expanded. “Let’s go move to the back tables,” she suggested and you nodded.

You followed her form first but Jongup quickly passed you and took the lead. When you almost broke through the crowd, you stumbled over a pair of feet and you quickly bowed to the person. Jongup continued to pull you along behind him and saw Seohyun looking around for an empty table.

“There’s a table over there,” she was on her tiptoes as she pointed to the table in question.

Jongup’s phone went off and your recorded voice started its nauseating repeats. He smiled at your annoyed expression and then gestured for you two to go, “I’ll be there in a moment,” he gave your hand a squeeze before he let go and pulled out his phone.

“We’ll be over there,” Seohyun threaded her arm into yours and tugged you to the table.

You looked over your shoulder just in time to catch him answer, “Yongguk hyung?” You faced forward and took a seat in the booth while Seohyun took one of the chairs.

She smiled at you, “I’m so happy to see you Kana. Meeting you here is just like old times.” Her smile faltered and you understood, remembering what happened when you last saw each other.

“Have you been coming here since then?” you thought it was best to change the subject and stole a peek where Jongup was at. Jongup disappeared and you frowned.

“I come here sometimes,” you looked back at her and she looked over her shoulder to see what was distracting you.

“I’m sorry unnie, I was just wondering where Jongup-ah went.”

She smiled at you mischievously, “Still overprotective aren’t we?”

You returned her smile, “You know me so well.”

She laughed and you joined in feeling at ease. She was by far your favorite unnie and was one of the few girls you got along with.

“So um,” she started off tentatively and your smile faded away, “Have you heard from any of the others?” you minutely shook your head and she nodded in understanding. “Yeah me too.”

“They might be coming here though, but I haven’t seen any of them except for you tonight.”

“Oh?” you saw Yongguk first with everyone else behind him. Jongup made his way over to your side as you stood up and Seohyun looked over her shoulder to where your attention was directed at again. She stood up and bowed her head.

“An-annyonghaseyo,” you looked at Himchan weirdly. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly as he stared at your unnie. Yongguk was also looking at him with a frown on his face.

“Annyonghaseyo,” Youngjae bowed to your unnie and smiled at her. Zelo and Daehyun followed suit as they greeted her.

“Nae, annyonghaseyo. Seohyun imnida.” Seohyun bowed to each person in your small group except you and Jongup. After that you all stood there for a few seconds, “Ummm, please have a seat.” Seohyun held out her hands to the open chairs.

“Ah, nae,” Yongguk was the first to move and took the seat closest to him.

You scooted to the middle in the booth and Jongup followed. Seohyun went to the other side of you at the edge. Once everyone had sat down, Yongguk took the lead, “Bang Yongguk imnida.” Yongguk bowed to her, cool and collected.

“Jung Daehyun imnida.” They all formally introduced themselves but you noticed the way Himchan looked at her. It could be described as pure reverence. Yongguk closed his open mouth but Himchan didn’t bother looking at him keeping his eyes on her. Thankfully Seohyun didn’t notice and smiled at them all friendly as ever.

“So…” Their heads snapped to you and you stopped talking. You were shocked at the way they all l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter