Chapter 6

Sweet? Normal?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once you made it to Jongup’s group of friends, they stared at you knowingly. You tugged at the ends of your hair nervously. Your boyfriend gave a sheepish smile and scratched the back of his head. Then he apologized for not coming sooner not forgetting to also apologize for his and your abrupt departure.

“My Jongupie is turning into a man,” Himchan cried into Yongguk’s shoulder ignoring what Jongup just said. Yongguk played along with his act and patted his back while slowly shaking his head in what was supposed to be in a disappointing way but his smile was very noticeable.

Youngjae joined in on their banter, “Not my precious and innocent dongsaeng,” he put his head in his hands supposedly covering his sobbing.

Zelo looked at Youngjae with an affronted look, insulted by his choice of words.

“He’s not so innocent anymore Youngjae-ah,” Daehyun said while waggling his eyebrows making Youngjae laugh. “How long have they been missing,” he emphasized the last word.

“According to my watch,” Youngjae continued on with the teasing, “It’s been more than fifteen minutes since we last saw him and his girlfriend.”

“Aww hyung,” Jongup pouted at his joking members as they laughed at him.

However, you had enough of their teasing, “And what have you guys been doing during those fifteen minutes? Obviously not spending time with any girls.” To prove your point you looked around the place you guys occupied, which was in fact, girl-free excluding you.

At your words they immediately shut up and Zelo laughed at his hyungs.

Yongguk cleared his throat, “Leave Jongup-ah alone you guys.” Himchan looked a little sheepish but his smile didn’t leave his lips. Daehyun avoided eye contact and was looking at the crowd instead.

The atmosphere got awkward with some music hovering over the silence. You noticed that you guys were standing a little away from the crowd that still surrounded the dancers who were now breaking up as the music winded down.

“Now we have the last competition of the night,” the DJ paused and gestured in your group’s direction, “A somewhat new crew and a newbie will duke it out so make some noise!” He pointed to a different group of guys. The crowd cheered in response.

“That’s our cue guys,” Yongguk spoke up. He cracked his knuckles in an intimidating manner.

You turned to your boyfriend who looked nervous and retied the sleeves around his waist so they wouldn’t get loose during their battle. Himchan fixed up his clothes on his own with a pout on his face showing that he saw your action toward your boyfriend.

Zelo pulled a bandana out from his baggy jumpsuit’s pocket and tied it around his neck.

Daehyun nervously ran a hand through his hair making some of it to stand up. Himchan noticed it and walked over to him to try and fix it.

“Aish hyung, stop it,” Daehyun tried to push Himchan away from him.

Youngjae looked like he was pumping himself up, muttering under his breath.

Yongguk motioned for the others to follow him and Daehyun tailed him, still batting Himchan’s hands away from his hair.

Zelo quietly followed his hyungs and as he passed you he gave you a sweet smile. You smiled back lifting up a hand, “Fighting!” He returned the sentiment and continued walking. You did the same to Youngjae as he quickened his pace to make it through the sea of bodies.

Once he left, you quickly pecked your boyfriend’s cheek and leaned up on your tiptoes so you could reach his ear, “Good luck yeobo.” He smiled at your encouragement and walked away.

“And here they are!” the DJ announced as you elbowed your way to the front of the audience so you could observe Jongup’s da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter