Chapter 22

Sweet? Normal?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongup pulled you along and you did your best to not stumble over any feet. You knew the dance floor was packed but you didn’t think it was this packed. The two of you stuck close to the edge of the mingling bodies and you slapped away reaching hands.

He was passing the exit when you pulled him to a stop. He looked at you confused, “What is it Kana?”

“Let’s go outside, it’s too crowded in here.” Your boyfriend looked around once before nodding.

Smiling at him, you gave your clasped hands a squeeze before you were the one pulling him along.

The earlier conversation repeated in your head and you laughed. Jongup walked a little faster until he was next to you. He let go of your hand and placed his arm around your shoulder. “Remembering the whole ‘best man’ thing?” he teased you.

You only nodded in reply before you laughed again. When you calmed down you wrapped one arm around his waist, “Your friends are so weird.”

“Like yours aren’t. Especially Sehun hyung and Tao hyung.”

“They’re not my friends,” you rolled your eyes at him.

“Sure they’re not. They’re more your friends than they’re mine.” He scoffed.

You pinched his waist and he glared at you. “You be quiet.” Once outside, you took in a deep breath of the cool air, much different than the musty one that filled the rooms inside the building.  You both walked away from the structure. You felt the warmth of his body so close to you and you shivered a little. He tightened his hold on you and you did the same. By that time you both made found a small bench to sit at. With your arms wrapped around each other, you sat down without letting go.

He chuckled and you knew he was also thinking about the conversation. After a while of just sitting there together, you broke the silence, “It was nice to see Seohyun unnie.”

Jongup rested his head on yours, “Yeah, it was. I think she was probably one of my most favorite members of your group.”

You laughed, “Probably?”

“Fine, she was definitely my favorite,” he paused, “After you of course.” You shook your head at his cheesiness. “Ya, stop moving your head,” he lifted his head up until you stopped and he put his head back on top of yours again.

You gently ran your fingers along his waist and thought about his words, “Didn’t you like the rest of them?”

He nuzzled his head along yours, “They were okay when they weren’t always getting you mad.” You hit his chest with the hand that wasn’t around him. He laughed, “What? It’s true.”

Flashbacks of the beginning of your relationship with him came up. One of the most memorable was when you introduced him to your unnies at that time. You could picture each of your six unnies including Seohyun and their reactions. A sense of nostalgia filled you and you sighed. “Are you ever going to tell me what cause you guys to break up?” he asked after a while.

“Later,” was your automatic answer.

“I’ve heard that one,” he muttered and you sat up properly to shoot a look at him. He only shrugged his shoulders, “I’m not going to take it back.” You glared at him, “What? You’ve been saying that since it happened. Which is about six months ago. It’ll help you move on if you talk about it.”

You didn’t say anything and let your glare do all of the talking. He met your glare with an indifferent look. “I’m just saying that I’m getting tired of you holding your feelings back.”

You couldn’t stay quiet, “I will tell you just not now…” your sentence drifted off.

“Later,” he finished your sentence. His arm remained around you and you felt it was more to keep you warm than anything since it was a little chilly outside.

“Ugh,” you groaned, “I hate it when we fight,” you slumped back into him.

Jongup put his other arm around you. It was an awkward hug but it made you feel better by a large margin. “I wouldn’t call it a fight but a,” he thought about it for a second, “a disagreement.”

“Well I hate it when we disagree.” You smiled into his chest where he couldn’t see you. He was just so cute at times.

He continued obliviously, “I do too. But you know,” he pulled back a little to see your face and you wiped the smile away just in time so he didn’t catch you, “Our disagreements don’t always last long.”

“Yeah, I noticed that too.” You nodded, and you let silence take over before smiling, “My head is beginning to hurt now,” you looked at him pouting while placing your free hand on his knee.

Your boyfriend rolled his eyes at you before leaning forward to kiss your temple. His sweet gesture made your fingers curl into a fist as you clenched his shirt. You felt a blush settle on your cheeks and you gave his knee a squeeze with your other hand. He kissed his way down the side of your face and you turned your face when he reached your lips. Your lips brushed against his before you applied more pressure. He sighed and you lightly nipped at his bottom lip. He took in a deep breath and you only had enough time to do the same before he took over.

After exchanging multiple kisses, you pulled back a little to catch your breath feeling your supply of oxygen disappear as the minutes passed. “Oppa,” you whispered as soon as you breathed in the cool air. He cupped your cheek and brought your lips back to his and he showed you how happy he was to hear your term of endearment. You did your best to keep it rated pg-13 and you succeeded when you pulled back before the kiss turned any deeper. “Oppa,” he tried to pull your face back to him but you shook your head. “Oppa, we have to go back or they might send out Zelo again.” He didn’t seem to hear you as he kissed your jaw. Another fit of shivers traveled throughout your body and you were about to give up and let him continue.

This had been your plan to get him outside so you could make out a little since it had been a while since you two had some time alone but you knew you two had been out long enough. You dug your fingers into his knee to get his attention but nothing happened. Your resolve was slipping away as his kisses continued when an idea popped up in your head.

This time you pulled your arm from its place around him and ran it through his hair but you were careful to not mess it up. When you secured a grip, you pulled a little so you could anchor his lips back to yours and you pecked his lips a couple of times. He had pulled you closer to him in the process and when you leaned back he tightened his hold.  “Jongie,” you sweetly cooed at him. His eyes had a drowsy look to them as he slowly opened them. “We have to go now,” he took a deep breath and his hold on you loosened.

“Okay, okay, okay,” he muttered to himself. You let him have his moment to cool down and when he got to his feet, he pulled you up along with him with his arm remaining around you.

The way back to the hidden club was quiet except your footsteps on the cracked concrete. His breathing was deep and steady and you tried to disengage his grip on your shoulder so you could hold hands instead. He refused your attempts and you kept trying.

“Wae Kana?” he asked as his fingers dug into the skin but not to the point it hurt.

“We’re walking crooked,” you whined to him. Even though you two had been dating for over a year, you still had yet to master walking properly when you were in such a position.

“I don’t care,” he somehow grabbed your arm that was squished between his side and yours to wrap it around his waist.

“Yah,” you muttered and fought against him. He secured your current position with both of his hands all the way until you reached the front entrance. The bouncer stood there smoking and he shook his head at you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter