Chapter 5

Sweet? Normal?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay then, let's start off with some girls." the cheers of a lot of guys followed this announcement. "We have some newcomers so let’s give them a warm welcome,” the DJ began as he gestured to a particular group who wore rather revealing outfits. The crowd cheered around you but Jongup’s friends cheered the loudest. “Next we have some familiar faces who will be facing them.” More cheers, louder than before. They had much more modest clothes on.

You remembered this group as you used to dance against them. You wondered if they got any better than they used to be.  This led you to think of your old team. You frowned at the thought and pushed it as far back into your mind as you could.

As the DJ started up the music you watched as the noobs started out. They weren’t really synchronized and a few were behind the beat. It seemed that the only thing going for these girls were their clothes used as a crowd pleaser, mainly for the guys.

You side-eyed your boyfriend’s friends. Daehyun and Himchan in particular were cheering them on while Yongguk, Zelo, and Youngjae were observing them though the interest in their eyes was obvious.

Jongup merely watched them with no emotion on his face and you smiled. You wrapped your arm around his waist and he looked down at you.

He copied your move and he leaned down to kiss your cheek.

“Yah Jongup-ah!” At his name he looked to his right where Himchan stood. He kept looking between the still dancing girls and back, "Are you showing off now?"

Jongup was about to reply but the music came to a gradual stop and the DJ's voice came on, “Okay, okay, it’s time for the next group. Make some noise!”

The group you remembered made their way to the side as the next group made their way on. As the music started up, you noticed the beat became heavier. These girls were more in sync than the other and their choreography much more difficult. While the other girls seemed to do more posing, these girls danced. You cheered them on.

In the end, the second group came out victorious while the other group mainly pouted. You rolled your eyes at their behavior.

“Damn that was a nice battle,” Daehyun said.

Youngjae disagreed, “The first group didn't even dance.”

“Youngjae-ah’s right, the second group did way better,” Yongguk nodded. “The first one didn’t know what they were doing. No contest.”

“You’re such a Daehyun hyung,” Zelo stepped beside Himchan, “I don’t think you even notice them dancing.”

Daehyun took a step forward, “Oh yeah?”

Himchan snapped his hand out, “Leave the maknae alone, besides he’s right.”

“Why do you two always baby him,” Daehyun pointed to Yongguk and Himchan, “You take the whole mama and papa bear thing too far.”

“You’re not cute like him are you?” Himchan asked he made a face at Daehyun. “When you get a new face come see me again.”

“I’ll have you know, tha-, “ Daehyun got cut off by the DJ.

He called out, “Let’s keep it going with our next face-off,” you were about to tune him out but you saw the group who was going to be dancing next. You recognized them immediately.

You poked Jongup in his ribs and when you had his attention you leaned forward so you could reach his ear, “You didn’t tell me they came back.”

He looked at the group and he shrugged, “I barely saw them at the last competition. I didn’t know they were officially back.”

“Hey, what are you two talking about?” Youngjae interrupted. You were a little irritated but you kept calm.

Jongup answered for you two, “Nothing hyung. We just saw some people we used to know.”

“Kana ssi knows people here?” Yongguk asked. The other guys were now looking at you.

Jongup beamed, “Yes hyung, this is where we met.”

“Really?” Zelo was interested, “Then does that mean you dance Kana ssi?”

“I used to,” you answered but you had to yell since the music started to pick up. You looked at the group that caught your attention. It was a boy group but you knew a few of its members and they were very good. One of the guys happened to look up in your direction and caught your eyes. The side of his mouth lifted slightly before he looked away. You scoffed.

Yongguk looked at you and looked at the group showing he caught your little interaction. He raised an eyebrow at you questioning what happened.

“I used to hang out with them," you shrugged your shoulders. You watched as your old friends made a fuss in the middle of the dance floor pulling off ridiculous poses.

“Jongup had some competition,” Daehyun laughed bringing your attention back to them.

“There's no competition,” you flatly answered making Jongup smiled broadly from his position beside you.

The remixed song started and you were curious about how they would do. The guys were very fluid in their movements and it matched the song. You were impressed by the way the choreography followed the music as the beat got faster. They ended in a loud round of cheering that mainly composed of girls screaming. The screaming only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter