Nine

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Himchan ran. He spun around and ran as fast as his legs could keep up with. 'Himchan, Himchan' two voices chanted in the background, calling for him. One was the voice of his roommate, the other of Jongup. He didn't care. He just ran away from them. He couldn't face Jongup. Not now. Not here. Not ever. Taking a turn he almost fell over his own feet, but soon stumbled on, running away from the two people who were now running after him.

Where should he go? He couldn't go home, Jongup knew where he lived. No, he would have to run some where else?

“Himchan!” Jongup's voice called for him. It was closer. Damn it.

That's it! He would go to the park he used to frequent. He knew it like the back of his hand. Gaining an extra spurt of energy from somewhere, he sped on down the road and across the street, barely dodging a car. A few seconds later, he was at the park and ran on into it.

“Himchan wait!” Jongup's voice called again. Himchan ran on further into the park, until he found the bench he'd been looking for. Hurriedly he stepped up onto it, grabbed the branch that hung over it and swung his leg up on the branch. With a grunt of effort, he got himself up on the branch and proceeded to slowly climb further up the tree in the dark.

He had climbed this tree an endless number of times, using it when the park was too crowded for him. Up where the branches grew thin, it was peaceful. In this darkness however, he didn't dare to climb up too high.

“Himchan!” Jongup's voice sounded from beneath him. Footsteps slowed to a stop underneath his tree. Worry rushed through Himchan and he held his breath in order not to make a single sound. Jongup couldn't know about his tree. He had never told him about it. No one knew of his hideout. “Himchan!” Jongup called out again before running on.

As the footsteps faded away, another pair closed in. This person was running in silence.

“I should go to the gym more often,” the person mumbled breathlessly, the deep voice identifying him as Yongguk. Himchan waited for him to go away as well.

When he could hear nothing but the faint call of his name every once in a while, he carefully started climbing down. Reaching the last branch, he crouched before jumping down. For a couple of seconds he listened to the world around him for people, but he couldn't hear anyone. With that he made a small jump before running out of the park.

Not long after he was out of the park, he had to slow down to a walk. He was sweating buckets and he could barely breathe. Most of all, he just wanted to stop and lie down somewhere, but he couldn't. Not yet.

Walking as fast as he could, he made his way towards his apartment. Luckily it wasn't long from the park. Breathing heavily, he made his way up the stairs. Reaching the door to the apartment, he searched his pockets for his keys. The longer it took, the more he p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter