Twenty

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“See you,” Jongup said with a wave when the two released each other from the hug, and then the guy left. Himchan sighed heavily as he closed the door and took a few seconds to stand in silence as Yongguk watched. He couldn't make himself say anything to his roommate to alert him of his presence.

The thoughts whirled around in his mind. Was Jongup and Himchan getting back together? Had Himchan forgiven everything, despite the unrealistic and dumb story Jongup had come up with? Why had Jongup been here? Where they just going to be friends? Or was that hopeful thinking on Yongguk's half?

“Holy sh-!” Himchan exclaimed in surprise when he turned around, bringing Yongguk out of his whirlwind of questions. “How long have you been standing there?”

“Not long,” Yongguk answered fleetingly. He didn't know how to answer. He wanted to answer 'long enough' but that would come across bitter. Being bitter wasn't the appropriate response to this, as he had no clue as to what was going on.

“What was Jongup doing here?” he asked, trying to keep the bitterness out of his voice and almost succeeding.

Himchan raised an eyebrow, probably at his tone. “I was working out some things with him.”

“Ah okay. Uhm,” Yongguk nodded and scratched the back of his neck. “Have you eaten breakfast, or do you want to join me for some?” he asked, trying to keep his curiosity and sourness out of his tone. His friend smiled at that.

“I have eaten breakfast, but I could do with a second helping,” Himchan grinned.

“Great, should I cook or?” he smiled back widely.

“Actually,” his friend started slowly. “I was wondering if we could go out?”

“Go out?” Yongguk repeated dumbly as the words echoed in his head. Go out. Go out? Like go out? As in date each other? Where did this come from? Did Himchan have feelings for him? But...

“Yeah, there's this cafe I used to visit, that I thought we could go to. They serve breakfast no matter what time of day,” Himchan explained. “I thought maybe we could go visit that cafe?”

Oh. It wasn't go out as in dating. It was just go out as in go outside. Why did he think of that? Of course it wasn't that!

“Yongguk?” his friend interrupted his thoughts, looking like he was missing a reply.

“Oh! Yeah, that sounds great! I'll just go shower and put on some clean clothes,” Yongguk smiled sheepishly. His friend nodded and he turned around to go back into his room to find some clean clothes he could wear.

A short search, a note to do the laundry soon and a brisk shower later, the two of them were on their way out. Himchan hid in his jacket on their way there. The cold was biting now that it was winter, so Yongguk copied him.

They turned down a smaller street with less people rushing home. They were halfway down the street when Himchan turned and Yongguk saw the cafe. He followed Himchan inside, the soft tinkle of a bell sounded as they entered.

“Hello and welcome t-” a boy with a small apron tied around his waist greeted them before stopping cold. “You're alive!” he exclaimed with a sudden power and rushed over to them. Yongguk saw Himchan shying away and he moved to stand a little bit in front of him, to protect him.

“We thought you were dead!” the boy continued, talking to Himchan with an excited look on his face. The boy's hair was silver and skin slightly tan in comparison to Himchan's pale skin.

“Uhm, do you know him?” Yongguk asked his friend, who had basically buried himself inside his jacket. Himchan shook his head.

“Hey, how can you say that. I've been serving you for four years now!” the boy in front of them basically pouted, before grinning widely again. “I guess I can forgive you. You barely ever look up from your computer or acknowledge anyone's existence besides that small dude.”

“Uhh,” Yongguk started, but was cut off by the boy.

“No grudge against it though. Anyways, we thought you were dead since you suddenly stopped coming. Well I did, boss said you probably just had moved,” the boy rambled on. “Did you move? Are you back for a visit?”

“He didn't move. He's been busy,” Yongguk answered for Himchan, in hopes the boy would back off a bit.

The boy nodded. “Oh with what?” he asked, before putting a hand up. “Wait don't tell me, you'll kill my dreams. Anyways, take a seat and I'll be right over. There's extra service for our favorite customers. Boss is glaring at me right now, so I gotta go,” he told them before moving on towards a woman who was, indeed, glaring at him.

“Let's sit down,” Himchan suggested and Yongguk nodded. That silver haired guy, was really talkative.


 

Himchan walked over to his usual table, that was empty as always. It was in the corner of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter