Eighteen

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk looked at Himchan straighten himself and walk out the door. He looked determinate but also a bit scared. An admiration for the other boy filled his chest as he stepped out behind him and locked the door. Turning around to look at his friend, he found a longing look on his face as he looked at the now locked door.

“Let's go,” Yongguk said softly, to which Himchan nodded and turned around to walk out the apartment block. There wasn't a lot of people on the street, mostly just cars zooming by.

“Which store should we go to?” Himchan asked.

“Let's take the closest one,” Yongguk suggested. It was better start out slow. The grocery store that was closest, was also a smaller store, so it wouldn't be overly crowded like the larger ones. His friend nodded and started walking, with him right by his side.

Looking at his friend's shoulders, he noticed they were pretty tense and hunched up slightly. He needed to get Himchan to relax a little.

“Hey, when we get home, will you listen to some of my music?” Yongguk asked. Himchan looked at him in surprise.

“I'd like your opinion on some of the songs I've composed,” he continued.

“Sure, but I don't know that much about music,” Himchan answered.

“It's fine, one doesn't need to know about music to like or not like something. Or to tell if it's too messy or is missing something. You just have to like music,” Yongguk replied.

“I'd like that then,” the other smiled and Yongguk saw most of the tenseness fade away. With a smile, he launched into telling about his music style. Which turned into a longer conversation on the different genres and what they liked.

Suddenly they were inside the store and Himchan stopped up with an ashen look on his face. One look at the crowd of people and Yongguk turned around to block the view.


 

He couldn't breathe. He couldn't breathe. There were too many people. Too many. His ears started ringing and his head turned light. They were only just inside the doors. This was pathetic.

“Himchan,” a deep voice cut through the ringing in his ears. It was Yongguk. He would probably leave after seeing this. It was so pathetic.

“Himchan, look at me,” Yongguk's voice repeated. Himchan's eyes had lost their focus.

“Look at me Himchan. I'm here,” Yongguk said and he fought to get back his focus and looked up from their shoes to Yongguk's face.

“It's going to be alright. I'm right here,” the other repeated once again. He looked at his friend's lips move, saying it was going to be alright again and again. A warm hand touched his arm and it was a strange comfort. The ringing went down.

“It's fine. It's fine. It's going to be alright, don't worry, I'm right here,” his friend told him, his voice becoming clearer and clearer. Himchan now noticed a lump in his throat and tears in his eyes. Gods, this was so pathetic! But Yongguk didn't leave. He was still there, saying 'it's alright' repeatedly.

Wiping his tears away from his eyes, Himchan breathed heavily and shakily a couple of times before looking his friend in the eye. His friend. His friend who didn't just leave.

“You okay? Feeling better?” Yongguk asked, to which he nodded. “Do you want to continue?”

“Yeah, let's do this,” Himchan replied quietly, but didn't move out of the spot. He wasn't sure he could do this by himself.

“Let's go then,” his friend nodded and seemed to read his mind, because he took his hand and led him on. The other took a basket from beside the door and the doors closed behind them. Holding on firmly to his friend's hand they made their way through the aisles. There were many people shopping at this time. Maybe they should have gone earlier. While most people were still at work.

“We need some eggs next,” Yongguk interrupted his thoughts. “You like eggs don't you?”

Himchan nodded. “I like to boil them and eat them with salt,” he replied as he moved away for a stranger passing by.

“Well we should buy a large pack then. Maybe you'll stop eating so much chocolate and chips then,” the other joked and he felt a smile tug on his lips.

“Never,” he grinned slightly, feeling himself a bit a more at ease. Yongguk kept talking as they made their way through the store, collecting everything they needed to last a while. When they reached the cashier, Himchan paid on his own insistence. He didn't look the cashier in the eye and waved his card when the price was told. Actually he didn't look at the cashier at all and he didn't listen to what was said, he just looked at the screen telling him.

When he got his card back from the machine, he quickly put it in his wallet and hurried over to Yongguk. His friend was packing the bags, so he quickly helped him, took two bags and got the hell out of there.


 

Yongguk followed Himchan quickly, who looked almost like he was on a mad sprint to get o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter