Three

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk was drying the plates that he and his roommate had used as they ate cake. It was really weird as they had basically no relationship whatsoever, but he was worried about his roommate. After mentioning Jongup, Himchan had gone all weird. Not at all happy and careless as he had been before. It was like the name 'Jongup' had flicked a switch somewhere in his roommate's mind. This Jongup guy must have done something to the boy that made him like that.

On the other side he was quite ashamed of himself as well. Himchan had told him that he didn't eat anything but chips and chocolate, plus Yongguk was suspecting him of never leaving his bed at all. Ok maybe to go to the bathroom and get stuff to eat, but he was far out, no doubt about that. How otherwise could he have not seen the chocolate cake. Especially when it was eaten with such enthusiasm until Jongup was mentioned. Back to the point, his roommate wasn't living healthily and he had offered the guy cake. How stupid was that?

Maybe he should try to get his roommate to go out. Move. Come to one of his shows or something. Just move out and get some fresh air. Now that he thought about it, the smell in Himchan's room wasn't exactly the most pleasant thing in the world. That boy really needed fresh air and proper food. Not sleep so much as Yongguk expected he did. It was really unhealthy.

His thoughts returned to Jongup. Maybe he was the reason for the 'bad day' Himchan had. He just had to-

The doorbell rang, interrupting his thoughts. With a sigh he placed the last wet plate onto the cloth he'd been drying the things with and headed to the door.

“Speak of the devil,” he blurted out when he opened the door and saw who it was. Jongup.

“What?” Jongup asked, right eyebrow raised in question.

“Nothing, I was just thinking about who you were since you come by a lot lately,” Yongguk explained, adding a small twist to the truth.

“Oh. I've come by often, you've just been asleep according to Himchan,” Jongup told him. Yongguk nodded thoughtfully. So the two of them were friends. “Is he home? Or awake, because he always seems to be sleeping?” Jongup asked, interrupting Yongguk's calculations of what could've happened between the two.

“He went to sleep about ten minutes ago,” he told him truthfully. “He seemed really exhausted. Do you know what he's doing lately to be sleeping so often?” he continued to ask.

“I don't know. He's never been like this before. Are you sure he's asleep and not just laying awake in his bed?” Jongup questioned. Yongguk shrugged his shoulders.

“I think he's asleep,” he told the smaller guy in front of him. Jongup sighed.

“Can I come in and see if he's really awake? I really need to see him. I'm worried about him, he won't answer my texts or calls,” the guy asked. Yongguk couldn't find any way around that request. It would be impolite just to say no and smack the door in his face, not to say it would be untactful.

“Uhm, come in and we can go look together,” Yongguk suggested and stepped back. Jongup nodded thankfully and stepped in. After closing the door behind the guy, he made his way past him towards Himchan's room. When he stood in front of it he wondered what to do. He decided to knock before Jongup could get impatient. With a couple of knocks, he opened the door a crack and stuck his head in. “Himchan?” he asked. “This Jongup guy is here to see you, are you awake?” he asked quietly, in case his roommate was actually asleep. Silence resonated through the dark room. Quietly he took his head back and closed the door.

“He isn't awake?” Jongup asked.

“Nope. He's asleep. Or pretending to be. I don't intend on finding out which,” Yongguk told him a little too honestly. He should have left out the last part. They stood in a awkward silence for a couple of moments.

“I'm going to go check,” Jongup announced and took a step forward. Yongguk's arm shot out, blocking the way, automatically.

“No,” he told the smaller guy firmly. “If he is pretending, then he probably has a reason to do so and I have no intention of insulting his intentions and actions by letting others force themselves on to him,” he sternly warned Jongup. The boy looked like he would like to say something, but refrained.

“Fine. If you see him, tell him to text me, call me, contact me in any way. I'm worried about him. I'll be back every day until he talks to me,” Jongup said with his face folded in worried lines and a slight sourness in his voice. Yongguk nodded and the smaller guy turned around and headed out of the apartment, closing the door after him.

Left behind, Yongguk sighed.


 

So warm and snuggly it was. This was the life. Lying here, cuddling with his blankets. So comfortable. And the quiet apartment added to that warm safe feeling. He never wanted to leave. Never wanted this situation to change. Himchan turned over and buried himself deeper in his blankets. So comfortable. So nice. So-

A loud buzzing sound interrupted the thoughts of peace. A groan left the tired boy's lips. The buzzing went on. What was that sound?

It stopped for a break, but before he could sigh in relief, it started again. The buzzing sounded like it was coming from the hallway and it just kept going. Was it his roommate, trying to kill his ears? This was too loud for so early in the morning... or whatever time of the day it was. Point being, he had just woken up.

The buzzing sound stopped again and the sounds of something being rolled around in the living room could just be caught in the silence. What was his roommate doing? Or had someone broken into their apartment? Himchan immediately threw the blanket in his hand over his head. That would save him from robbers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter