Twenty two

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Himchan had been writing. A lot. It was like his fingers were on fire as they flew over the keyboard. There were going to be so many mistakes later, but right now he didn’t care. He just needed to write. His awake hours were mostly filled with it.

Yongguk and him had set a good rhythm. They would wake up at almost the same time in the evening and eat breakfast together in almost silence. Depending on when Yongguk had to go to work, they either went for a small walk or Himchan went straight to his computer and wrote. If they had gone for a walk, he usually went to sleep for a couple of hours afterwards and then began his writing.

When Yongguk came home, they would eat dinner together, that meal being more filled with chatter than breakfast. After doing the dishes, they would watch something on the small television in the living room. It usually didn’t get further than half a movie, before both of them were falling asleep. Which led to the one most awake nudging the other off to bed and turning off the television, before heading off to bed himself. Next day the cycle would repeat and it was really very comfortable in a way that made Himchan uncomfortable at first. But now it was like he could do this for the rest of his life.

Which led to two weeks later on Yongguk’s day off.

“I am so glad to see you two again, you should come more often,” Daehyun told them as they sat down at a table in the café. “I mean I missed your face when you didn’t come for so long, and I really like seeing you around,” he told Himchan, before talking to the both of them again. “You two have such a calm aura around you, and I really like that. When I mention auras my neighbor always tells me I’m a hurricane then, because I never shut up, and then proceeds to tell me to shut up. Again. But I don’t mind. He’s all sorts of wonderful,” the boy said with a dreamy look on his face.

Yongguk let out a small chuckle on the other side of the table and even Himchan couldn’t help but smile a little bit.

“But what are your names and what can I get you? Cake as last time? I hope you don’t find it creepy that I remembered your order. I have really good memory though. Especially when it comes to my favorite customers!” Daehyun rambled on with a bright smile on his face.

“I’m going to regret this, but what cake would you recommend?” Yongguk asked.

Daehyun smiled like he had been handed all of his dreams on a platter. “Well, there’s the cake you ate a couple of weeks ago, that is brilliant, but you already know that. There is also our special cheesecake, with its crumbly crust and soft cream cheese and blueberry swirl filling, that comes together to make a perfect harmony of heaven. Then there is our new addition, which dream cake. A Danish cake with a soft and spongy cake that bathes your tongue in dreams. The topping is made of a brilliant mixture of caramel and coconut, that will leave your entire being craving more of this sweet dream. Then there’s our apfelstrudel, that I don’t know if I’m saying it right. I also can’t remember if it’s from Austria or Germany. Either way it’s forking delicious. It’s made of a sweet layered pastry with a filling made of apples and other wonderful ingredients, that makes your mouth water and your stomach satisfied,” the boy told them, seemingly tasting each cake as he spoke about them. “Side effects include massive cravings for more,” he then added with a smile.

“I’ll take the apfelstrudel,” Himchan told him. It all sounded delicious, but the last one was one he’d thought about trying for a long time.

“I think I’ll take the dream cake,” Yongguk said.

“Excellent choices! And coffee like last time?” Daehyun asked and the both of them nodded. “Okay, I’ll be back in a few!”

“I think I’m going to go crazy if it takes too long,” Yongguk admitted when the waiter left.

“Me too. I need cake, desperately,” Himchan agreed.

“Let’s talk about something else, or it’s just going to get worse,” his friend suggested.

“What should we talk about then? All I can think of is cake,” he asked.

Yongguk stayed quiet for a few seconds, before groaning desperately. “Me too. All I can think of is how that dream cake is going to taste. I love the spongier cakes. They aren’t that dry,” he said dreamily.

“Oh yeah and the way he described it, like it was made of dreams,” Himchan groaned along, thinking of the way it would taste.

“I should never have asked him,” Yongguk let his head fall down onto the table.

“I agree,” he smiled at his friend’s pitiful cry. It was kind of funny, but at the same time he wanted to eat that cake. His mouth was in water and he had an incredible craving for eating.

“You’re going to have to let me taste the cake,” he told his friend.

“Only if you give me some of that apfel… what was it called again?”

Himchan thought for a moment before nodding. “Deal,” he agreed.

“Here’s your coffee and cake,” Daehyun interrupted them at that moment and placed cake and coffee in front of them. “I hope you enjoy them, as much as I do.”

“Thank you,” Yongguk thanked him, while Himchan nodded.

“I never got your names

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter