One

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Himchan closed the front door behind him and leaned back onto it. A hopeless sigh escaped his dry lips. He dropped his keys and let his head fall back onto the door with a light thud, closing the almost almond shaped eyes.

He refused to cry.

With another sigh, he bent his legs and lid down onto the floor. His already tight pants, hugged his thighs uncomfortably close, but he couldn’t care less. A hand went through his coal black hair.

He refused to cry.

Hugging his legs, pulling them closer at the action, he closed his eyes and saw everything again.
Himchan had been out on a walk to clear his mind when he had seen them. Jongup, his boyfriend with the everlasting sweet smile, walking with his tall friend Zelo. He had always thought the tall boy to be slightly annoying because he always turned up. But he was Jongup’s best friend and really sweet and funny, so Himchan didn’t mind that much. It was only the lack of being alone with his boyfriend every once in a while.

He refused to cry.

He had been on his way over to greet the two of them, when he had frozen in his tracks. Zelo had kissed Jongup. The shorter boy had frozen as well, shock evident on his face. But as the tall boy had said something, his face had softened up and those lips had smiled softly and lovingly. And then he had leaned in to kiss the tall boy.

He refused to cry.

The two had stood there, blushing and smiling, as Himchan’s heart broke. Then Jongup’s expression had faltered. ‘Himchan’ his lips seemed to say. For a while he had thought that his boyfriend had seen him, but none of the two had gone nor even glanced in his direction. Instead they had talked until a smile showed up on both their faces. A nod and the boy who’d told Himchan that he loved him just yesterday kissed the tall boy again.

He refused to cry.

A part of Himchan had wanted to go up and confront the two about it. Ask what was going on? Why they were kissing when Jongup was supposed to be his boyfriend? His angel. His muse.

He refused to cry.

But he had chosen the coward’s way out. Himchan had the spot and hurried back to his apartment.

He refused to cry.

This wasn’t supposed to happen. Jongup was the most trustworthy person on this planet. Yet he had kissed someone else while being his boyfriend. That was cheating. Jongup didn’t cheat. What had happened? What had happened to the promise of staying honest?

He refused to cry.

No. This just proved what he already knew. No one could be trusted. Not even the sweetest person in the world. The person who had promised never to lie, to stay honest and trustworthy no matter what.
Lying down, Himchan curled into a ball. His back pressed up against the cold door.

He wasn’t going to cry.

 

Yongguk fumbled with his key chain, trying to find the right key in between his bundle of endless key chains. He had 12 useless adornments attached to the three keys he needed. But those key chains were special, so he kept them. Finally finding the key, he inserted it into the lock and turned the handle with a sigh.

He couldn't open the door.

He tried again. The handle turned easily, but it was like something was blocking the door. Could his roommate be doing something? No, he usually wasn't awake at this hour. Putting his shoulder to the door, he pushed with all his weight. Slowly the door moved forward, sliding whatever was up against it with it. When the crack was big enough, he slithered in sideways, pulling in his stomach as if it would make him uptake less room.

Looking down onto the floor, he found what was blocking the door. It was his roommate. Closing the door again, he looked speculatively at the boy on the floor. He was sleeping. What was he doing sleeping on the floor in front of the door? Yongguk's conscience told him he couldn't let him sleep there. But it had been a long night and he was tired. Shaking his head at his own thoughts, he sighed before bending down to collect his roommate.

A short groan of strain escaped him as he lifted the boy. He was heavier than he thought. Walking down the hallway to the second door on the left, he turned into the small living room and turned left again, walking through the open door to his roommate's dim room. It was a mess of papers everywhere. There was a small path from the door to the bed and a small circle around the chair at the desk that was cleared. Yongguk walked down the path and set his roommate on the bed with another groan of strain.

He looked at the sleeping figure for a couple of seconds wondering once again why he was sleeping in front of the door. With a shake of his head, he went out of the room again. Yongguk walked back to the hallway, past the bathroom and kitchen, into his own bedroom. Unlike his roommate's room, it was quite clean. Sure he had a corner filled with dirty clothes and his table was a mess, but otherwise it was clean.

Kicking off his shoes, he proceeded to take his clothes off. It had been a long night and it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter