Twenty one

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Curiosity was killing him. He wanted, no needed to know what Jongup had been doing at their apartment earlier. Thoughts of Himchan and Jongup getting back together were swimming in his mind, though he tried to tell himself that it didn't matter. As long as Himchan was happy.

But that didn't stop him from wanting to know. And until now, Himchan had dodged around the question. Was it something he was ashamed of? Maybe he really was going back to Jongup, but didn't know how to say it? But how should he lead in on the subject again? He had already done it twice, he couldn't do it a third time. That would make it seem like he was desperate. Which he was, but he was trying not to be.

Back at the apartment, Himchan went back into his room, while Yongguk paced around. He didn’t know what to do. He needed to ask somehow. But how? Why was this so hard?

“You’re pacing,” Himchan’s voice said and he the spot to find his friend standing in the doorway.

“Yeah,” Yongguk nodded.

“Why?” the other asked. Oh no. He couldn’t lie.

“I’ve got something on my mind that won’t go away,” he told him.

“What is it?”

“Well, you never actually answered what Jongup was doing here earlier or the conclusions made. I really didn’t want to ask or push, but I’m really curious,” Yongguk told his friend.

That earned a small distant smile from the other. “We made peace with each other. Or I made peace with him. He said he wanted to continue being friends and I told him I’d think about it, but I wouldn’t be bitter,” Himchan told him. Relief rushed through Yongguk’s veins and he could feel himself relax.

“And you’re okay?” he asked his friend after a moment. That was what was most important.

“I don’t know,” Himchan shrugged. “I’m better than before, but I don’t know if I’m quite okay yet.”

“Things like that take time.”

The other nodded. “I think I’m comfortable around you,” he said quietly, like he was afraid of saying it. Yongguk couldn’t help the wide smile that spread on his face. This was a sign of progress. This meant that Himchan was a step closer to being okay.

“I’m honored,” Yongguk told his friend, because he truly was. It seemed to be the right thing to say, because the other smiled a half smile, that seemed to lighten his bearing.

“I’m going to sleep. Stop pacing,” Himchan ordered with a smile.

Yongguk saluted. “Yes sir,” he said in his most serious voice, that ended up being full of smiles instead. His friend chuckled and retreated into his room, while Yongguk was left there, with the widest smile on his lips. He needed to work now. He could feel his fingers itch to compose.

 

Himchan woke up slowly. The trip to the café had been exhausting, but somehow good. Admitting to Yongguk that he might just be comfortable around him had been scary. Yet Yongguk hadn’t laughed. He had simply looked happy and surprised. His words had been serious too. Not just a joke.

With Yongguk’s smile on his mind, he found his computer and started writing. He needed to finish this story and right now felt like a good time to write. It was as if the words flowed from his mind and onto the page. The feeling was incredibly freeing. Throughout this whole process with Jongup and Yongguk helping, it had been a way to cope and get his feelings out.

Now it was a way to get closure. To get the last of this out of his system.

He paused, fingers hovering over the keyboard. Yongguk had done a lot for him. He should thank him somehow. But how?

He would figure it out later. First he needed to finish this story. And edit it. Maybe he could..?

No. First he needed to find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter