Four

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk smiled to himself. For a week now, he'd been talking with Himchan every morning when he came back from the studio. He had made them dinner every morning and they'd talk while eating. After eating though, his roommate would seem exhausted and lay down to sleep immediately when he left. It was still quite worrying, but Himchan seemed happier than he was before. It was like the gray cloud above his head had stopped raining down on him.

Stopping up in front of the door to their apartment, he fished his bundle of keys and many keychains out of his jacket pocket. A small chuckle slipped past his lips when he thought of writing a song about Himchan and that gray cloud of his. It would be a song that would be slightly cute and slightly sad. He would write about a little gray cloud, following a person around, always raining down on that person. There should be a happy ending though. Yongguk liked happy endings, though he usually didn't write about it. Though this time there should be one. The person would find an umbrella. His song for Himchan would have a happy ending.

Stopping up in the middle of the hallway, he thought about Himchan's situation. Didn't the guy have work? School? Something? Anything that should be able to get his roommate out of his bed. He would ask Himchan when he finished dinner. Continuing on down the hallway he looked at his phone to see what time it was. 3:50AM. His roommate would probably be awake by now. Though he pretended not to see, Himchan would go to the bathroom around 4AM while he would be cooking. For some reason, it didn't feel like the guy wanted to talk to anyone outside of his bed. He almost ran through the living room to get to the bathroom.

Yongguk opened a cabinet in the kitchen and took out two packs of ramyun. He varied their dinner. Every other day it would be that chicken in the crumb things with peas and carrots. All other days it would be ramyun with peas and carrots. The day before yesterday, he had tried making scrambled eggs, but he had failed miserably and almost set the kitchen on fire. He would have to ask his mom if she could teach him how to make it next time she came to visit. Though hopefully, Himchan would be cooking his own food again at that time, so he could steal from that again.

Staring at the pot with water, waiting for it to boil he wondered why he was even taking care of Himchan this way. Sure he was a nice person and they'd been living together for a long time, but they'd never actually talked as such. Yet here he was, cooking dinner for him. Was it even his business?

“What the are you thinking about man?” he asked himself out loud. Of course he should take care of the guy. He clearly had some problem and Yongguk was worried if his roommate would even survive if he wasn't there to stuff some proper food down his throat and make actual conversation with the guy. Not to mention restocking his supply of chips and chocolates. That last one probably wasn't the best idea, but he couldn't help but accept after hearing the exhausted and begging voice Himchan had used. It was at the end of their conversation each morning, which left his roommate tired. Plus, they were friends now.

It really was as if the guy couldn't handle being social anymore. What could that Jongup guy have done to have such an effect on his roommate? The guy was also coming by every evening, asking for Himchan, ever concerned. He seemed genuinely worried.


 

Himchan slowly let his foot creep out of his blankets’ warmth and quickly pulled it back. It was cold. With a bit of a struggle, his head appeared at the top of the bed. Groaning he fought his way out of the blankets entangled with his limbs, cold air hitting his skin. Freezing, he hurried out his door and to the bathroom. He could hear Yongguk messing around in the kitchen, but that didn’t matter right now. Right now he just needed to relieve himself.

Sighing in relief when he finished, he flushed the toilet and went over to wash his hands. The sight of himself in the mirror shocked him. His hair was disheveled and oily and his skin too pale to healthy. He looked sick in short. The water ran on from the faucet. Despite all his sleep, there were bags under his eyes. It made his eyes look weird. He didn’t look good at all.

Absentmindedly he washed his hands, staring at himself and what he had become. He looked like he belonged in a hospital. It was shocking how much he had changed in three weeks. How would he look if he continued to do this? He turned off the faucet and dried his hands, tearing his eyes from his reflection. Himchan sniffed at himself and scrunched his face. That wasn’t a nice smell. Heck he couldn’t remember when he last took a sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter