Epilogue part One

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The soft tinkle of a bell rang as Himchan pushed open the door to the café. Daehyun looked up from wiping the counter and sent him a smile.

“I’ll be there in a second,” he told Himchan and proceeded wiping with extra vigor. Finding his usual spot, Himchan sat down and sighed. It felt like he didn’t have much time until he had to be home again, but in reality there was still three hours at his disposal.

“What’s up?” Daehyun asked as he sat down across from him. “Where’s Yongguk? Will he be joining us? Also, do you want the usual?”

Himchan nodded. “Yeah the usual please, but no. Yongguk won’t be coming today,” he answered. Daehyun gave him a questioning look. “He needs to prepare,” Himchan explained without going into further detail.

“Okay,” Daehyun nodded and stood up. “Be right back.”

Himchan’s leg shook restlessly as he waited for Daehyun to come back. It didn’t take long before he was back with a cup of coffee and a piece of cake with two forks.

“Two forks?” Himchan asked with a raised eyebrow.

“You get discounts all the time and this cake is delicious!” Daehyun grinned and took a piece of cake with one of the forks. “You couldn’t possibly think I don’t need fuel to get through the day! I mean, with Yongguk’s performance tonight and the fact that I’ve been working all day, I need sugar. I’ll be getting some coffee later on as well. I don’t want to fall asleep suddenly, though it would be quite a feat to fall asleep in a room full of screaming people and loud music,” the other babbled for excuses, but Himchan knew that he simply wanted cake.

“Yeah, sure,” he snorted, but let the other take another piece of cake. Grabbing his own fork, he copied his friend.

“You look restless,” Daehyun commented around his cake. “Stuck again?”

“No,” Himchan shook his head. “Well, yes, but not on a story, more like on a problem.”

“Ooh, what problem? With Yongguk? No, that can’t be, you guys are best friends and never argue,” Daehyun shot himself down immediately. “Also I haven’t sensed anything, is it with someone else? Is it something with Jongup? I know you guys used to date, but haven’t you been out of touch for like two years? Did you see him again? Or maybe, is it just a plot hole? ‘Cause Himchan, if it’s that, don’t worry, you’ll figure it out as you always do,” Daehyun rambled out his guesses as Himchan looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

He took a sip of his coffee as his friend went in circles around the vague information he had given him. This was so typical Daehyun. He had learned over the past two years, that it was best to let the other figure out that he was rambling. Interrupting took too much energy usually. Himchan didn’t know how Daehyun’s boss did it. She was one awesome lady, to be able to cut him off and make him listen immediately.

“I should probably let you explain, shouldn’t I?” Daehyun finally realized and Himchan nodded.

“It’s because, well, you know that Yongguk is my best friend,” Himchan said and Daehyun nodded with a smile. “And he’s the person who helped me when I went through all that with Jongup.”

“Yeah, that period when you were gone suddenly,” Daehyun nodded.

“Well, I just… I think… Actually I know… but kind of not…,” Himchan tried to find the right words to describe the situation, but he couldn’t find them. It was like there was a block in his mind to actually say the words.

“You kind of know, but not really, what?” Daehyun encouraged, looking like this was the most interesting thing that had happened all year.

“I like him,” Himchan said slowly. “I think,” he added quickly, the words alone sounding so strange in his ears.

“You think you like him?” Daehyun asked and he nodded in return. “You guys are best friends, of course you like him!”

Daehyun was obviously not getting it, so Himchan sighed and wondered where the otherwise surprisingly observational friend had gone. “No, not like that, well like that too, but you know,” he tried to explain, but Daehyun looked clueless. “Well I like like him too,” he said feeling the nervousness bubble up in his stomach, just by saying it.

A smile grew on Daehyun’s face, until he grinned so wide it looked like his face would crack. “I knew it!” he sang happily.

Himchan frowned deeply. “You what?” he asked, feeling like the other had just played stupid to get him to say it.

“I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!” his friend smiled. “Like I had my suspicions for a while, but I wasn’t sure, but now you’ve confirmed everything. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter