Two

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk stepped through the front door, smiling and humming a small random melody. This night's show had been successful and ridiculously satisfying in every single way. The adrenaline of being on stage still had a light grip on him, making him smile brightly. Closing the door behind him, he almost skipped through the apartment to the kitchen. As he hummed, he took out the cake he'd bought the other day while grocery shopping. He felt like celebrating, so a slice of cake was in order.

He put a slice onto a plate, put the cake back into the fridge, got a spoon and sat down at the small table. A hum of approval sounded from his throat as the first piece of chocolate cake touched the taste buds on his tongue. It was a wonderful cake. Though he should finish it soon, as it would probably spoil soon. He was surprised his roommate hadn't taken a slice of it yet. The guy loved chocolate.

His brows furrowed in worry as he looked at the untouched note on the fridge. Himchan hadn't written anything on the note, signaling he'd seen it or thrown it away as they did otherwise. It was quite unusual. Yongguk had looked in to his roommate the last two days when he woke up. And every time he'd found the boy sleeping in his bed. There wasn't any sign of anyone moving around the apartment either. The newly bought food in the fridge and cabinets was untouched. The only reason why Yongguk didn't think his roommate had died was because of the slight snore that resounded from the male's throat as he slept.

Yongguk finished the cake and put the plate and spoon in the sink. He would clean them later. Now he would go check on Himchan. Maybe the guy had altered his day, so that was why he slept when Yongguk woke up. He knocked lightly on the door, hoping to hear his roommate's voice.

“Yeah?” a groggy and hoarse voice came from within. Yongguk breathed out, letting go of the air he'd been holding in in anticipation. He opened the door and took a step into the dark room.

“Hey, I just wanted to check on you,” Yongguk said awkwardly. Now that Himchan was awake, he didn't know exactly what to say.

“Check,” came the hoarse answer from the bed. He couldn't really see his roommate, just a bundle of blankets where he probably was.

“Uhm, a guy came looking for you. I wrote a note for you on the fridge, but you don't seem to have seen it?” Yongguk continued awkwardly.

“Oh yeah. I got it,” Himchan told him, something wavering in his voice.

“Good,” Yongguk mumbled, nodding to himself. “Uhm, also, I wanted to ask you why you were sleeping in front of the door the other day?” Silence emitted from the bed for a while.

“I had a bad day,” Himchan then told him in a quiet and slightly ironic voice. “I woke up in here though.”

“Yeah I kinda carried you in here, since it seemed like an uncomfortable place to sleep,” Yongguk told his roommate, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Thanks,” came the answer from the bed. There was another silence.

“Well that's all I wanted to-uh say,” Yongguk ended awkwardly and started to go out again.

“Hey Yongguk,” Himchan called just as he was about to close the door.

“Yeah?” he answered.

“If a guy called Jongup comes by asking for me, tell him I'm either out or sleeping,” his roommate requested.

“Uh... sure,” Yongguk complied, slightly confused as of why.

“Thanks,” Himchan told him and Yongguk took this as a dismissal. Groggyness was taking over his mind by now. It was time for bed. Luckily he had nothing to do tomorrow. No gigs or studio time. He could stay in bed all day if he wanted to. With a small smile he went into his room, greeting his soft bed with open arms.


 

A hand snuck it's way out of the bed and down towards the floor. For a while it searched around for something, but only found empty chips bags and chocolate packets. With the careless way they were thrown aside, this wasn't what the hand was looking for. A deep sigh came from the bed and Himchan appeared as he sat up. His black hair was dishelved and everything from his droopy eyes to the slopped shoulders emitted a tiredness. A look at the tiny clock on his bedside table told him it was 1:46PM. Which meant Yongguk wouldn't be up. Good.

Sighing from the stupidity of his former statement of never leaving the bed, he made his way out of his sanctuary. His face cringed at the cold floor, but hurried out of his room to the kitchen to get this over with. Hurriedly he opened his cabinet and got out bags of chips and packs of chocolate. It was half empty now. Didn't matter now though. He didn't want to think of leaving the apartment at all.

Himchan went back to his room and let his provision fall on the floor next to his bed. He then went back to the kitchen where he raided the fridge from bottles of water and small carton of milk. Closing the fridge with his foot, he returned to his room and refilled his own small mini fridge. As soon as it was done he threw himself in his bed almost desperately. He didn't like being away from his bed in these small trips to the kitchen and bathroom. It was horrible. Made his mind start to spin with thoughts again. Thoughts of Jongup betraying his trust.

No he wouldn't think of it now that he was back in the safety of his bed. His sanctuary. He was safe from the cruel ways of the world here. Himchan could trust his blankets.


 

The crowd was roaring. Screaming his name. It was beautiful. A wide smile was spread on his face and he raised the hand with the mic to speak to the crowd that wanted him. The thousands of people who cheered for him. He opened his mouth a-

A loud ringing cut through Yongguk's sleep and he bolted up from the bed. The shrill ringing of the doorbell repeated. Muttering a couple of curses he almost tumbled out of his room and down the hallway. He reached the door and opened it, trying to open his eyes enough to see who had interrupted his sleep.

“Hi. Is Himchan home?” the boy in the door asked. He looked slightly familiar.

“Who's asking?” Yongguk asked groggily and rubbed his eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter