Sixteen

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Himchan rolled over into a more comfortable position and dug himself a little deeper into his blankets. He was still wearing his jeans and socks and it was uncomfortable. However he made no move to get out of them. Today, he would speak with no one. He needed to think.

So he left his jeans and socks on for now and went over what happened the day before. Jongup had been there and Himchan hadn't panicked. He hadn't felt the rush of fondness either. All he had felt for the other was almost gone. Sure he had hurt a little when the other looked wounded by his words. But at the same time, he didn't really care.

It felt cold and he hadn't felt that way about the other since meeting him.

An aching in his heart started and he found that he was alone. He had no one to trust, no one to call friend. A lump in his throat choked him up. He didn't like it. He wanted someone. Maybe Jongup could be his friend still? He had looked earnest and trustworthy when he told him of his weird habit with Zelo. So didn't that mean that they could still be friends?

Turning, he thought of Jongup. He didn't want him back as a boyfriend. That was... new. Weird. Clutching on to the feeling he inspected it further. Turning and feeling on it in his head. No. He didn't want Jongup back as that. Relief flooded his mind and he felt himself relax.

In it's stead he felt a loneliness. Like a big black hole with nothing where his heart used to be. Tears welled up in his eyes. He didn't want to be lonely. He didn't want to be alone. He wanted a friend. Someone he could trust.

But where would he find that? Maybe Jongup, if he spoke the truth about Zelo. Then he could still be trusted and he wouldn't have to be alone.

Then again, it sounded like such bull. A habit of kissing a friend when you've got a boyfriend? Where did that make sense? Jongup had looked so truthful though.

It didn't make sense!


 

When Yongguk woke the first time, he rolled over and fell asleep again.

When he woke the second time, he took his phone and called in sick. Then he fell asleep again.

The third time he woke up, it was dark outside and the clock told him it was the early evening. Winter had really set in and the days were darker than ever. Christmas would be coming up soon and Yongguk would have to pay his parents a visit. Well not that he had to, he wanted to.

The other years, he had left Himchan at home, thinking he just left later for his parents' place. However, recent developments had him thinking the other stayed in their apartment.

Maybe he could take Himchan with him home?

No, that would probably cross some kind of boundary in Himchan's mind. But then again, he should have the offer. Making up his mind, he decided he would ask the other after the business with Jongup was over. And hopefully it would be over soon.

Getting up, he went through his usual morning (evening) routine. He was mid-breakfast, when he looked around the kitchen. It didn't look like Himchan had been up. He would probably be hungry if he was just lying in his bed. Checking the other's candy stash, he found it untouched since last time he looked.

With that he started making another bowl of ramen for his friend, while he finished his own.

Finishing the ramen for his friend, he took and made his way to the other's room. Knocking twice, he went in and found the other sitting up. His hair was sticking in every direction and he looked like he had just emerged from the clutches of sleep.

“Yongguk?” Himchan asked, almost as if he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter