Twelve

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He had to pee. Oh god, he had to pee and it had to be now. Bolting up from his bed, Yongguk hurried out his room to the bathroom. He slammed the door open desperately and hurried to the toilet to pee.

Oh sweet lord, that was good.

Finally relieved, he looked down onto the floor. What was Himchan doing here? Was he sleeping? He knelt down to shake him awake, when he remembered he still hadn't washed his hands. Getting up again, he stepped over the boy, washed his hands and dried them. He then knelt down again and shook the boy.

“Himchan, wake up,” he called for his friend. There was no response. Now that he looked closer, the boy was shivering and his skin was all sweaty and pale. He looked really sick. “Himchan,” he called again. Still no answer.

Cursing to himself, he felt on Himchan's forehead. It was burning hot.

“,” he murmured and collected the boy in his arms. With a grunt of strain, he got up and carried the sleeping boy to his room. Inside, he laid the boy on his bed and pulled one of the many blankets over him. His friend was sick and he didn't know the first thing about treating sick people as he hadn't gotten sick many times himself.

In the movies they put a wet towel on top of the sick person's forehead. Hurrying out to the kitchen, he took out a bowl and a small towel. Next question: was it hot or cold water they used? Hoping for the best, he decided for somewhat cold water. Filling the bowl with water, he took it and the towel and headed back to his friend's room.

Inside he put the bowl on top of the mini-fridge and dipped the towel into the water. Wringing it a bit, he folded it and put it on his friend's forehead.

Good. Now what?

Soup. He could make some soup for the sick boy. But how does one make soup. Maybe it was time he called his mother. It had been a while.


 

“Leave it simmer, ok,” Yongguk's voice drifted into his room, stirring Himchan from his sleep. Slowly he opened his eyes. He didn't feel well and there was something on his forehead, but he had no energy to figure out what it was.

“Mom, is it supposed to bubble?” his roommate's worried voice came from somewhere beyond his room. “There's like big bubbles,” the voice went on. “Oh ok then.”

Himchan smiled to himself. He really felt like he was burning up in hell.

“Ok mom, thank you,” he could hear Yongguk's voice say. “I love you too.” It was closer now. “Yes, I'll try to come visit soon, I just have to finish this project.” Closer yet. “Yes mom... I'm hanging up now,” Yongguk said as he entered Himchan's room. “Bye mom,” his roommate said firmly as he stepped into Himchan's view and removed a phone from his ear.

“You're awake,” Yongguk said needlessly. Himchan wanted to answer but groaned instead. “I'm making some soup right now, it'll be done in a minute.”

Again he groaned in answer. His roommate smiled slightly at him.

“You really scared me you know. Lying on the bathroom floor. I thought maybe you had fainted,” he went on and Himchan whispered out a hoarse 'sorry'.

He felt guilty all of a sudden. Guilty for being ungrateful for Yongguk cooking and talking with him. For making sure he was ok and everything really.

“It's fine. Just don't do it again. If you really feel like , call on me. I'm not good with sick people, but I'll do my best,” Yongguk told him.

Himchan closed his eyes. He felt like he was tearing up and a lump was forming in his throat, making it burn even worse. Just lying still, he tried to swallow, inflicting pain on himself at the same time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter