Fifteen

Blanket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world quietened. Across from him stood Yongguk with a concerned look on his face. His lips moved but Himchan couldn't hear what was being said. So he just nodded and hoped it was the right thing to do. His roommate nodded back and disappeared from the doorway. Himchan waited in silence.

“Hello,” a familiar voice pierced the silence. It was Jongup's voice. Sounds rushed through his ears, all demanding to be heard after the minute of silence. There were cars driving by outside and something was mumbled in the hallway. Then the door closed and Himchan could hear footsteps making their way down the hall. His gut twisted and adrenaline coursed through his veins. He wanted to flee.

Jongup appeared in the doorway to the kitchen. Himchan felt as if he'd been punched in the stomach. He didn't know what to say or do, let alone how to breathe properly.

“Hey Himchan,” the other greeted him in a soft voice. It was as if the voice triggered something deep inside him. He felt more relaxed instantly. Himchan was over dramatizing everything.

“Hello,” he greeted back in a voice that was colder than he had intended. He had wanted to sound cool and collected. Not downright cold and possibly hateful.

“May I sit?” Jongup asked and Himchan held out a hand to indicate he was welcome to do that. When the other had sat down, he leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. Scrunching his eyebrows, he looked for regret on his ex-boyfriend's face, but found none. Instead there was a carefulness and something he couldn't read.

“How are you?” the other asked him, carefulness evident in every syllable.

“I've been worse,” he answered, once again colder than he intended. Jongup visibly flinched. It made Himchan wonder why.

“Yongguk told me it has something to do with me,” the other stated, but it sounded almost like a question. Himchan simply stared at Jongup. It was like he didn't know what he had done wrong. As if he had nothing to do with kissing Zelo, as if he had never cheated on him, as if he had never lied. As if was still the person that cared for Himchan and always took care to tell him the entire truth. It didn't make sense.

“Himchan?” Jongup's voice took him out of his thoughts.

“It does have something to do with you,” he told the other, this time happy that his voice came out cold. If it had reflected the way he felt on the inside, it would have cracked. Jongup however, looked like someone had hit him.

“That does explain why you haven't answered any of my calls or texts and ran away from me,” he said with a small crack in his voice.

It hurt. To see the other like this hurt. Not as much as it would have once, but it still hurt. For a moment Himchan hated Jongup's guts. He wanted him to go to the pits of hell and never return. But then the feeling subsided and all he wanted was an explanation for why he had cheated on him.

“Why did you cheat on me?” Himchan asked cool and collected, like he wanted to sound in the first place. Jongup looked up at him with shock in his eyes.

“I never cheated on you,” the other denied and Himchan had to let out a small chuckle. It was cold as ice and left no room for doubt.

“Then what I saw was my imagination?” he asked and leaned forward slightly, daring the other to challenge him. A look flashed across Jongup's face, but it was too quickly gone to be read.

“What did you see? Because I have done nothing,” his ex asked, looking every bit the part of someone who had been accused wrongly.

“I saw you kissing Zelo,” Himchan said with venom laced into every word as he tilted his head slightly, daring the other to deny it.

Once again something flashed across Jongup's face. Why couldn't he read it?

“I won't deny that,” the other slowly said. “But you have to listen to my explanation before you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter